Nat Dex Ferrothorn

Sulo

the blade i hold
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnus
National Dex Leader
:ss/ferrothorn:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip / Iron Head
- Knock Off / Thunder Wave

Barbed and dangerous, Ferrothorn is sure to be an asset to a multitude of teams! It is a valuable check to the likes of Kyurem, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Koko, and it also has many utility moves such as Spikes, Knock Off, and Thunder Wave. Spikes heavily wears down the opposition, aiding offensive threats such as Mega Latias, Mega Lopunny, and Calm Mind Clefable. Power Whip can threaten bulky Water-types like Tapu Fini and Manaphy, while Iron Head better threatens Calm Mind Clefable and Kyurem, as Ferrothorn cannot check them without it. Knock Off removes Leftovers from Heatran and opposing Ferrothorn, and it debilitates Heavy-Duty Boots users such as Volcarona and Zapdos. Thunder Wave prevents Volcarona and Kartana from using Ferrothorn as setup fodder. Rotom-W is a solid partner, as it safely pivots into Fire-type moves that force Ferrothorn out from Pokemon such as Zapdos and Heatran, while Ferrothorn takes care of Kyurem and switches into Kartana's Leaf Blade. Offensive Zapdos can dissuade Defoggers, loves having Spikes, and can also deal with Hawlucha and Mega Lopunny, which both take advantage of Ferrothorn.

Last edited:

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
mlop > mmedi and use a different word over "wallbreakers" in the spikes sentence, nothing that switches into medi rlly cares about spikes, see: clef mlati reuni zap lando

add manaphy to whip sentence since otherwise that beats u

swap lele mention with kyurem in ihead sentence and i wld expand on that u cant pressure cm clef kyurem if ur ihead-less

and cripple Heavy-Duty Boots Zapdos.
would reword this slightly to be a more general statement for all boots users since this seems like its only boots zapdos specifically that koff is a main target for

i would either nuke the lefties sentence or expand on it with how its reliant on it + leech for longevity

i think u can nuke some off the flavour fluff / some less relevant attributes like barbs / shorten some sentences in order to expand more on more important things such as the main moves like spikes and teammates (i am sure there is more than mlop vile and washtom)

lmk on cord to go over when ur done :blobthumbsup:

1/1 after cord changes

Last edited:

Sulo

the blade i hold
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnus
National Dex Leader
mlop > mmedi and use a different word over "wallbreakers" in the spikes sentence, nothing that switches into medi rlly cares about spikes, see: clef mlati reuni zap lando

add manaphy to whip sentence since otherwise that beats u

swap lele mention with kyurem in ihead sentence and i wld expand on that u cant pressure cm clef kyurem if ur ihead-less

would reword this slightly to be a more general statement for all boots users since this seems like its only boots zapdos specifically that koff is a main target for

i would either nuke the lefties sentence or expand on it with how its reliant on it + leech for longevity

i think u can nuke some off the flavour fluff / some less relevant attributes like barbs / shorten some sentences in order to expand more on more important things such as the main moves like spikes and teammates (i am sure there is more than mlop vile and washtom)

lmk on cord to go over when ur done :blobthumbsup:

1/1 after cord changes
implemented!1!!1 GP Team :heart:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add Remove Comment

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip / Iron Head

Watch your step! Barbed and dangerous, Ferrothorn's antics are Ferrothorn is (clarity: first removal was bc i didnt understand it flavor/theme-wise, second removal was just grammar) sure to be an asset to a multitude of teams! It is a valuable check to the likes of Kyurem, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Koko, and it also has a wide variety of many utility moves such as Spikes, Knock Off, and Thunder Wave. Spikes allows Ferrothorn to heavily wear heavily wears down the opposition, aiding offensive threats such as Mega Latias, Mega Lopunny, and Calm Mind Clefable. Power Whip may be used to can threaten bulky Water-types like Tapu Fini and Manaphy, while Iron Head better threatens Calm Mind Clefable and Kyurem, as Ferrothorn cannot check them without it. Knock Off lets Ferrothorn remove removes Leftovers from Heatran and opposing Ferrothorn, and cripple it debilitates Heavy-Duty Boots users such as Volcarona and Zapdos. Thunder Wave prevents Volcarona and Kartana from using Ferrothorn as setup fodder. Rotom-W is a solid partner for Ferrothorn partner, as it safely pivots into Fire-type moves that threaten it force Ferrothorn out from Pokemon such as Zapdos and Heatran safely, while Ferrothorn takes care of Kyurem and switches into Kartana's Leaf Blade. Offensive Galarian (I imagine? if not, pls clarify how kanto zapdos dissuades defog) Zapdos can dissuade entry hazard removers from safely clicking Defog, takes advantage of Spikes to bolster its damage output, Defoggers, loves having Spikes, and can also deal with Hawlucha and Mega Lopunny, which both take advantage of Ferrothorn.

Adeleine.gif
1/1
GP Team done

Sulo

the blade i hold
National Dex Leader
Add Remove Comment

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip / Iron Head

Watch your step! Barbed and dangerous, Ferrothorn's antics are Ferrothorn is (clarity: first removal was bc i didnt understand it flavor/theme-wise, second removal was just grammar) sure to be an asset to a multitude of teams! It is a valuable check to the likes of Kyurem, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Koko, and it also has a wide variety of many utility moves such as Spikes, Knock Off, and Thunder Wave. Spikes allows Ferrothorn to heavily wear heavily wears down the opposition, aiding offensive threats such as Mega Latias, Mega Lopunny, and Calm Mind Clefable. Power Whip may be used to can threaten bulky Water-types like Tapu Fini and Manaphy, while Iron Head better threatens Calm Mind Clefable and Kyurem, as Ferrothorn cannot check them without it. Knock Off lets Ferrothorn remove removes Leftovers from Heatran and opposing Ferrothorn, and cripple it debilitates Heavy-Duty Boots users such as Volcarona and Zapdos. Thunder Wave prevents Volcarona and Kartana from using Ferrothorn as setup fodder. Rotom-W is a solid partner for Ferrothorn partner, as it safely pivots into Fire-type moves that threaten it force Ferrothorn out from Pokemon such as Zapdos and Heatran safely, while Ferrothorn takes care of Kyurem and switches into Kartana's Leaf Blade. Offensive Galarian (I imagine? if not, pls clarify how kanto zapdos dissuades defog) Zapdos can dissuade entry hazard removers from safely clicking Defog, takes advantage of Spikes to bolster its damage output, Defoggers, loves having Spikes, and can also deal with Hawlucha and Mega Lopunny, which both take advantage of Ferrothorn.

View attachment 4524791/1
GP Team done
offzap beats most of our good foggers pretty consistently (fini, glisc, lando, corv, kart, to name a few). fogging just lets zap in for free most of the time and it can freely click fly z or tbolt/volt freely.

done, ty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)