SM Ubers First attempt at an Ubers team!

Will-He-Or-Wont-He (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Polish
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

This guy is here to set up rocks and hopefully kill a few mons. My usual game plan here is that my opponent will lead with either a hazard setter that doesn't have to switch out on me (usually P-don) or any mon that does have to switch out on me. In either case, I use the turn while they're rocking/switching to put my own rocks up. I then Rock Polish on their first move, unless it's going to OHKO, in which case I switch out. I hope for them to hit me super effectively without killing me (usually P-don's precipice blades does this), and then I have +2 Speed, Attack, and Sp. Attack. Then I sweep as much as possible. I can usually surprise P-don leads this way, especially variants without Overheat.

NotTheBannedOne (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- Waterfall
- Extreme Speed

This is pretty much a standard mixed wallbreaker Rayquaza. I don't have V-Create because the mons that it hits are generally dealt with by my other mons, and more importantly because if my opponent has a P-don and DM doesn't kill it, the Air Lock-Waterfall trick is my only other real option. Otherwise, standard set, dragon ascent to hit most of the meta for massive neutral damage, E-speed to snipe Geomancy Xerneas that thinks it can switch into a Dragon Ascent and then Moonblast me, Draco Meteor for ungodly strong one-or-two-time dragon STAB move.

An underrated god (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 40 Def / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Am I the only one who thinks this mon is underrated? It can literally stop a Xerneas sweep if it has any significant damage on it, and so long as there is no live Yveltal on the other team it can absolutely SHRED through teams. This set's coverage is crazy and the Sp. Attack on this mon is INSANE, it's the only real special sweeper out there that doesn't use setup, I think. A lot of people I've showed this team to ask me why the 40 Def EV's; they're there because you can actually survive a Marshadow Shadow Sneak pre-mega with them.

The non-legendary (Marshadow) @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Bulk Up

This is a basic Marshadow. It's here to provide a strong physical attacker who can steal sweeps. I've actually had this guy Spectral Thief halfway through a Z-Geomancy before. There's not a lot of mons out there that can survive a neutral Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Strike, and even fewer who can survive it boosted. The ghost-fighting coverage is crazy, and there's not a lot of mons who straight up wall this guy that I've seen. I think it's a very good use of the Z-crystal, and I really enjoy using Spectral Thief on some unsuspecting setup sweeper.

best arceus fiteme (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

So I don't know if Arceus-Water is actually the best Arceus, but I think it's the best one for this team. I get HUGE bulk, an easy tox-recover staller, the great STAB move as always, and a solid counter to Yveltal, Rayquaza, P-kyo, and a few other mons. I find this Arceus very useful to my team's ability to stay in a game, although I wonder about its offensive capabilities sometimes. However, I've NEVER had this thing OHKO'ed (except the time I got SUPER hard read by a P-kyo who Thunder'd it on the switch after a few Calm Minds), so I think it richly deserves the slot.

Dab sweeper (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

I honestly think Yveltal is one of the best mons out there. His very existence destroys any attempts by Psychic and Ghost types to seriously harm my team (I have never been broken by Mega Gengar with this team, for example), O-Wing heals a ton and has massive neutral coverage (#nerfflyingpl0x), and S-punch can be a game-ender, along with providing fantastic utility in situations where I can get some good reads. He is also my weapon of choice against stall teams, shutting down super annoying mons with Taunt and beating them at their own game with fantastic tempo moves. He can break entire teams, and there's only a few counters, all of whom I can usually read and switch out.

So what do you all think of my team? I'm a relatively new player in the Showdown scene, and hoping to start climbing the ladder, and any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
OK, it's been 5 days, over 150 views, my post is no longer in the top ten, and zero replies. I'm thinking now is the time to use my bump. Seriously, does no one rate Ubers teams or something? Also, a question: Am I allowed to post the same rate twice if I wait the two weeks?

Last edited:

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi, after a long time I will finally rate your team.
Overall the team needs to be improved.
to begin, as this is your first team, I will assume that you want build on Dusk-mane (it's a good choice)
the set that I will choose would be the double dance with the Solganium Z (refer to the smogon dex if you do not know the set).
Start !

Major change :

Groudon-Primal > Mewtwo-Mega-Y : MMY is not really one pokémon who can put himself in all the teams easily, he needs support, especially against the dark/ghost, and here this team has not really one dark resits, yveltal can easily be done 2hko by the dark of the tier (Arceus-Dark Ice Beam, Faster Life Orb Yveltal.. ect). unlike that, Primal Groudon, king of uber can be placed in any team. the set that I will choose would be the defensive sr. as we put double dance dusk, we have no setter sr, pdon solve this problem. It is also a wonderful check to a ton of threat that can be all problematic for your team if team is weaken. to give examples, special primal kyogre, geomancy xerneas and double dance dusk-mane.

Xerneas > Marshadow : as explained above, your team does not have a real switch at dark type, xerneas solves this problem. with choice scarf it brings an important speed control.
the set that I will choose would be the scarf with moonblast/aromatherapy/defog with a fourth move to choose between Thunder (for ho-oh and kyogre) / Grass Knot (kyogre and more dommage at sd groundceus) / Hidden power Fire (for Scizor and Ferrothorn) (I do not recommend focus blast because you will never click on it)

Minor change :

Double dance Dusk-Mane > SR+Rock polish Dusk-Mane
not much to say about it, the dusk-mane with the sr need moonlight/muring sun, and double dance dusk was better here.

Defensive Yveltal > Life Orb Yveltal
the team lack of defog so defensive yveltal was a logical choice. moreover it helps Arceus-water against double dance Primal Groudon. also you can surprise Arceus-dark (and scarf yveltal) with toxic giving ray more chance to break the defensive cores.

Rayquaza V-Create > Surf
just a question of moveset, surf is not really useful because primal groudon takes huge damage draco meteor (and ascent also) while v-create can effectively touch Skarmory and Celesteela two pokemon that your team could have trouble break, especially dusk-mane.

It's finish ! excuse me for the delay.

https://pokepast.es/316fcb6cccbe5e42here is the team as I imagined, I hope you like it

ps: I do not like your nicknames :p
and yeah few people note uber teams.

One thing to note is that this team doesn't quite need double defog, so changing Defog to Thunder is your best bet here. Thunder as previously mentioned, nails Kyogre, Ho-oh, hits DM for neutral, etc. Having it over defog when you don't need defog is generally more productive and efficient for these builds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)