First Gen 6 Team

I've been using these guys on PS and I have a 1300 rating with them after about 10 hours of testing. I've tweaked it quite a bit, although it's not completely solid yet. I could use a little help, because I want to breed this team in Y when I'm happy with it. So, in we go!

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 80 HP / 96 Def / 80 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Taunt

Entry hazards are fantastic in this generation, as always. I tested out a few leads, and Smeargle was far and away the best choice for me. Against most leads, he Spores immediately and then set up Stealth Rock. The damage is usually more important to me than the speed decrease, but Sticky Web is still great, so that goes up on Turn 3. If the opposing lead wakes up before switching, he Spores again and switches out with the intention of coming back in to re-hazard and re-Spore later. Taunt is for other Spore leads that would otherwise completely cripple him, and Spikes isn't worth the extended set-up for all three layers.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere

Togekiss is my newest warrior, replacing Aegislash who didn't have much synergy with my team. Togekiss is here to deal with Mega-Garchomp, primarily, but she's got a lot of other options. I've used her as a Nasty Plot sweeper quite a bit, and she's surprisingly good. I didn't think she's be as great at sweeping but Dazzling Gleam is a killer. Air Slash deals with Grass types that can't be Spored by Smeargle, so I occasionally lead with her if it's obvious that she'll face Venusaur, Breloom, or Whimsicott.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave

This team lives and dies through Rotom. Every Pokémon on the team is more of a threat with Rotom on the bench, and vice versa. Volt Switch is the best move in the set, without question. I can switch to Blissey for Giga Drain users and Excadrill to stop an Electric move, the two most common counters I've faced. Hydro Pump is reliable enough given Rotom's bulk, and if it misses too much, that's what Pain Split is for. Thunder Wave provides great support, not just for Rotom but for the entire team if Sleep Clause is a problem.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

Charizard isn't exactly what you'd call a "bulky attacker." This set is for attacking, bulk be damned. Roost is useful when I can get it, but usually a Dragon Dance and a sweep is the best course of action. Even without a Dance, Flare Blitz and Outrage are killer in their own right, especially on Mega Charizard X. Fairy Pokémon are a bit troubling, but once they're out of the way (usually with Excadrill's help) then Charizard is an animal.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

I needed a tank, and I have one. There isn't really much to say about Blissey--she walls every special attack in the book, and can take a physical hit or two as well. This is really the only set she can run to its full effect. Toxic is quite useful in the absence of Rotom-W, and Heal Bell has saved battle after battle. Seismic Toss is to keep her useful when Taunted, but it works quite well in its own right. Soft-Boiled is Soft-Boiled, to keep her in there as long as necessary.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw

Finally, we have Excadrill, who is designed for synergy. Shadow Claw rips Alakazam and other Special sweepers apart in the absence of Blissey. Iron Head is for Fairy-types who are out for Charizard's blood. Rapid Spin clears away hazards that would otherwise be troubling to Charizard and Togekiss. Earthquake is a great all-purpose STAB move that works well in most situations.

On X-Zard, I'd prefer you use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage because fairies can take advantage of you being locked into one move.
Plus, I wouldn't say their necessarily out for his blood considering the neutrality with fire typing.

On X-Zard, I'd prefer you use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage because fairies can take advantage of you being locked into one move.
Plus, I wouldn't say their necessarily out for his blood considering the neutrality with fire typing.
Good call. Hadn't considered that. I've been burned with Fairy attacks before and this will help quite a bit. Thanks :D

Instead of Outrage maybe just claws. With fairys around getting locked into that isn't very smart. Also Shadow Claws is weird on Excadrill, especially because any physical contact tears Alakazam a new one.

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Alakazam: 262-309 (103.9 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also, why have 2 special tanks and not give Rotom will o wisp?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)