XY LC First LC RMT

Okay, so I've been a big LC player since 5th gen and I definitely don't regret going into LC. LC is way different from other tiers because of the level difference and the pokemon you'll be able to use. I've been doing many teams for LC and I feel like this is the best one I got.

TEAM:

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level : 5
236 HP/196 Def/76 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Acrobatics​

Mienfoo has always been one of my favorite pokemon in LC and it's probably the most used poke in all my LC teams and for good reason. I ran so many sets with mienfoo and personally, this bulky mienfoo set is the best. For this team , mienfoo is part of the core with spritzee on its side. For this bulky mienfoo set, the goal for it is to gain momentum with u-turn. Since Mienfoo's ability, regenerator heals 33% of mienfoo's health when switching out, u-turn is very helpful to deal good damage and gain that health.Drain punch is also a nice STAB move that does a lot of damage and recovers health. Protip: if you're running drain punch, put a lot of HP evs to mienfoo.Knock off is very useful in LC since almost everything is holding eviolite and it's also coverage for ghost.Acrobatics if you're wondering if for the other mienfoos and timburrs that knock off its eviolite.Overall, Mienfoo is a very good staple for the team and always is the teamplayer(most of the time).

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
212 HP/196 Def/12 SpAtk/76 SpDef/12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
Spritzee is a very bulky poke, has the amazing fairy type, and has a very good ability that doesn't let it get taunted. And to top on all of that, it synergizes very well with the staple of the team, mienfoo, which is why mienfoo/spritzee core is so threatening since both cover their weaknesses very well. Spritzee is basically the healer of this team, since it wish passes to her teammates. Also, since fairy type is a very good typing in LC, Spritzee can just moonblast away for high damage while tanking neutral and super effective hits very well. Calm Mind also is a good move if i can effectively stall the opponent's poke out. Overall, spritzee is very good at doing its jib, wish passing, healing itself, and do good damage.

Gastly @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
108 HP/200 SpAtk/200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power Fighting or Thunderbolt? <--- which one?
Originally in gastly's spot was misdreavus, which is definitely going to get banned, so might as well do the next best thing. I really do love gastly's choice scarf set as it best fits in my team. I may have a big weakness to psychic types, but with gastly's high speed and special attack , shadow ball will OHKO with ease. Plus, I can take down big threats to my team with a fast destiny bond since i outspeed them with a scarf and gastly is very frail. Sludge Bomb is also another great STAB move that will hit fairys hard since they are a big problem on my team. I'm still debating over HP fighting for pawniard and other dark types or thunderbolt? Please put suggestions.Overall, gastly is a great cleaner and revenge killer and it fills the spot of offensive pressure on my team.

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
236 HP/212 Def/60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell
Chinchou is a really nice pokemon in LC since it can be a wall and an attacker a the same time, like spritzee, but chinchou is more versatile. Voltturn is really good playstyle in LC because it gives you a lot of momentum. volt Switch is also useful to OHKO the common fletchling. Scald is also really useful for burns(which I never get -_-) and power to hit threats like mienfoo and pawniard. The major downside to chinchou is chinchou. Porygon and Spritzee are my main chinchou walls though, so it doesn't really matter. Ice beam is for grass and ground coverage which is really good for any water type in LC. The last move for chinchou is heal bell, which is very essential for my team. If you look at my team, you see that it doesn't like statuses like paralysis and burns. With heal bell, chinchou can heal all that right up. Chinchou is a really good pokemon in my team that, like spritzee, supports and deals damage.

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
156 HP/196 Atk/92 Def/40 SpAtk/20 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- U-Turn
- Overheat
Fletchling is hands down best cleaner in LC. With priority acrobatics, fletchling does terrifying damage to pokes neutral and super effective against flying types. Swords Dance is an excellent set up move that raises its attack to +2 and it's very helpful since your opponent wants to switch fearing the acrobatics. Overheat is also a great option to fletchling because it can OHKO magnemite after sturdy breaks, OHKO scarf pawniard, and kills eviolite pawniard with the combo of 1 overheat and 1 acrobatics. As you see in my team, it kind of lacks offensive pressure, but the combination of fletchling,mienfoo,and gastly will definitely scare the opponent. Lastly, u-turn on fletchling is great since your opponent will most likely switch out and you can gain offensive momentum on the poke they send out. Pretty devastating. Fletchling is a great addition to my and often pulls out most of the sweeps I made with it.

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
236 HP/196 Def/76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
Porygon is one of the few pokemon that keep stall alive in LC. As you know, LC is a tier that is really hyper offensive and stall is less viable. Porygon is a very defensive and offensive pokemon, much like chinchou, but way bulkier. Download is also a cool ability that ups your attack/SpAtk. You really want that special attack boost, so end in on a more defensive poke Tri Attack is a great STAB move that has a 30% chance to either paralyz,burn. or freeze, which is pretty overpowered of you ask me. Its only weakness, fighting, is something I don't worry about since I have spritzee which takes fighting pokes for days. Recover is very essential for porygon since stall relys on recovery, and what better move to use than recover. HAHA!(I'm so funny) Anyway, since tri attack can't hit ghost types and ghost types can't really hit porygon, use shadow ball for coverage. Last, but not least, is the terrifying thunder wave. Porygon can whittle down pokes with thunder wave so that the team can have a much easier time dealing with the opponent,which is its main goal. You could also use it to make your porygon stall easier. Porygon is a great addition to my team and definitely a teamplayer.

Credit to Cydrolic for most of these EV spreads!
WOW! that took 2 hours. Anyway, please rate my team and give suggestions. They're much appreciated :) .
Want to use this team?​
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 120 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Gastly @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 44 Def / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 212 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Bell

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 40 SpA / 20 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Overheat

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:

It's going to make me so OCD if you dont fix it lol.

Anyways, this team looks really solid. The only real advice I could offer is definitely go HP fite > Tbolt on Gastly. Nailing Pawn on the switchin is way to valuable to pass up. I would also reccomend Trick > Dbond as well, to help cripple walls that try to switch in like Foongus.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi Eren
This is a pretty solid team, but I still have a few suggestions.

Firstly, you lack methods to get rid of hazards. Normally, this isn't too problematic, because you aren't horribly weak to them, but if Ferroseed or Dwebble start stacking them, they could really limit you. As such, I would like to suggest Taunt Mienfoo over your current Mienfoo set to prevent the placement of the hazards in the first place. Fighting-types are already checked fairly well by Fletchling and Spritzee.
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt
The moves are really similar to your current Mienfoo's, just with Taunt over Acrobatics. The given EVs and nature hit 17 speed, allowing Mienfoo to outspeed Dwebble and Eviolite Pawniard and speed tie with Onix.

As for whether to run Hidden Power Fighting or Thunderbolt on Gastly, I think Hidden Power Fighting would be preferable, even if solely for Pawniard. Fletchling is already covered quite well by all of Porygon, Chinchou and Spritzee, Omanyte can be paralyzed by Porygon or heavily damaged at -1 by Spritzee's Moonblast while still taking a ton from Gastly's Shadow Ball, and Sludge Bomb does enough to Clamperl at -1, in addition to Fletchling already being able to revenge-kill it, so Thunderbolt isn't all that necessary.

I don't think Ice Beam is necessary on Chinchou. Since Dragon-types are mostly irrelevant in LC, it mostly only hits Grass-types; however, it actually fails to 2HKO Foongus, and even with Stealth Rock, it only has a 12.1% chance to 2HKO. The other notable Grass-type is Cottonee, but you already have Gastly, Spritzee, Fletchling and Porygon to check it, meaning hitting it with a Volt Switch will likely be just as detrimental. One option to replace Ice Beam with is Thunderbolt, for when you want to use an electric-type attack but don't want to switch out, such as against Roost Fletchling. Hidden Power Ground is another good choice, allowing you to better check Magnemite instead of just activating Berry Juice with Scald, and hit opposing Chinchou. Although your team doesn't take actually take that much advantage of paralysis, Thunder Wave is also a decent option, mostly to further bolster a Spritzee sweep, in addition to full paralysis helping in a pinch.

Other than that, some of your spreads aren't optimal. I've already gone over Mienfoo's, but if you choose to not run a Taunt set, the current moveset would better utilize a spread of 156 HP/116 Def/196 SpD with an Impish nature for more mixed bulk.
Gastly's spread is missing stats; by running a spread of 36 HP / 40 Def / 200 SpA / 200 Spe, you keep the stats you currently have but get a Defense point for free.
Porygon is usually better off with a Calm nature and the leftover 76 EVs in SpD instead of Spe, giving it a spread of 236 HP/196 Def/76 SpD. This allows Porygon to reach 16 SpD before Eviolite, hitting the next Eviolite number. Since both your Spritzee and Chinchou and physically defensive, I think the added special bulk on Porygon will help in checking threats such as Abra, Gastly, and sun sweepers.

That's it for now. Good luck!

Thanks for all those awesome suggestions Corporal Levi , I did change mienfoo's set with the taunt set. Acrobatics mienfoo was a little lackluster since most opponents that use mienfoo use a STAB fighting move other than knock off to probably avoid the acrobatics. Same goes for timburr too. Chinchou's moveset has also been changed and you're right, I did have those moments where volt switch almost killed the opponent, but thunderbolt did. Those were some ragequits :( . I'm still debating on t-wave though, but for now, thunderbolt.Thanks for realizing that gaslty's ev spread was wrong. I guess I accidentaly slided the evs incorrectly :/. Porygon's evs has also been switched and set to calm nature , but then other download porygons are going to get a 50/50 chance to get a special attack boost. Whatever , I see most porygons run trace these days.

Thanks so much on those suggestions once again! :)
Oh yeah, I don't really have luck since I always get hax'd in LC.

I will edit the team with the changes later since I don't have much time right now.

Last edited:

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Eren! Nice team you have here. There's one thing I'm noticing though, that you are a bit weak to Fletchling and Drilbur. To make you less weak to these, I suggest using Ice Beam instead of Tri Attack on Porygon. Ice Beam and Shadow Ball hits most things almost as hard as Tri Attack, but Ice Beam lets you OHKO Fletchling, but also Drilbur (after some chip damage) after a Download boost. I have used Ice Beam a lot on Porygon, and it works extremely well. Aside from this, Corporal Levi's suggestions are solid.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for that useful tip, Aerow , I did replace tri attack on porygon with ice beam, but I'm still not so sure about it. Whatever. I bet it'll help my team though.

Your help was much appreciated! Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)