ORAS OU First RMT

Hello all,
This is my current team. Have played around with it for a bit and ironed out the majority of weaknesses so's that the team is now competitive. I'm not overly experience so I figured that this would help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rivalry
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
I began using Haxorus as my resident dragon type and physical sweeper. His speed and attack stats allow him to OHKO most dragon types I've encountered before they can even begin. Dragon Dance is also great to boost stats against tougher and/or bulkier threats. Earthquake and Poison Jab provide variety (Poison Jab for fairy type, earthquake for steel types). Lum Berry helps with the confusion from outrage, however is also useful when an opponent tries to combat it by wearing him down over time.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
Hippowdon acts as a wall, with bonus functionality from stealth rock and whirlwind. These two moves combined make hippowdon an unlikely counter against flying types, epecially those of the likes of Charizard, Talonflame, Volcarona etc. Earthquake is for STAB and Slack Off is for HP regeneration, as Hippowdown can normally take hits of moves like Giga Drain and still survive.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
Metagross is my secondary physical sweeper, however I often find myself using him in a sort of tank role. The psychic/steel typing adds a bit of depth to my team, too. Meteor Mash provides huge damage to non-resistant Pokemon, whilst hammer arm is useful against dark and ice types. Zen Headbutt adds a psychic move to the team. Rock Polish gives Metagross speed he can occasionally lack against some faster Pokemon.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
I use Sylveon as a cleric, as well as a fairy type for my team (Hyper Voice is STAB thanks to pixilate). Being my only healer means it is crucial, and Hyper Voice is a good way to break certain walls or kill certain sweepers. Heal Bell is my only way to remove status from my team, and wish is the only accessible healing to everyone bar Hippowdon. Protect can buy time or defend a potentially deadly move.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind
Gengar is one of my special sweepers. His ghost typing is useful against psychics and, thanks to his speed EVs, can be used to take out other Gengars. Sludge wave is another poison type move, whilst icy wind can kill flying types. Focus Blast can take out potentially dangerous dark Pokemon. He can also make a reasonable revenge killer if Keldeo has fainted.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
Kelsey is my main revenge killer and part-time special sweeper. His water typing is crucial to kill fire-flying Pokemon, who are immune to earthquake. Keldeo outspeeds virtually everyone he comes up against. Scald is his standard move, with STAB and burn chance. Secret Sword can take out dark types, and attack types which water isn't great against. Hydro Pump is for a quick revenge kill or to take someone out that may be a bit bulky to kill with scald. Icy wind kills flying types, which could two hit KO him.

I will welcome all advice, and please be honest. Thanks.

Hi, cute team.

First, I suggest that you replace Haxorus with Kyurem-B. Access to Fusion Bolt is a godsend, especially with your team, as you are pretty weak to Water types, such as Gyarados, Keldeo, and Suicune. Secondly, I suggest you change Gengar to Mew. As Kyurem-B is weak to Stealth Rock (and you have Sylveon to take on Mega Sableye), Mew is an excellent defogger for the team. It also helps you to beat things like Reuniclus 1v1.

Next, I don't think Hippowdon can do without Stone Edge. It is your only Talonflame check, and you can't hit it without Stone Edge.
->

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Iron Head
->

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
Good luck with your team! Hope my rate helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)