Monotype Flying fury

I have tried to put together a mix of pokemon that I enjoy using and that should have fairly decent synergy together. I'm sitting fairly consistently around the 1200 mark with this one and am not sure whether it's just inexperience letting me down or whether there are some massive holes in the team. More than happy for suggestions, I do have trouble against some teams but it depends on the composition rather than the type per-say. My biggest weakness would be Mega-Diancie at the moment so anything that helps there without losing the spread I have would be amazing.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Xatu is my stall-breaker and is generally used to predict stealth rocks that would otherwise decimate the team. CM Stored Power is a fantastic stall breaker and heat wave is coverage to deal with steel and neutral damage on dark types.

Minior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shields Down
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Honestly, I just love Minior. Again, a good switch if coming up against spore or other status spreaders before setting up on them and smacking them around a bit. Generally I will SS until I get hit and more often than not will activate focus sash. This allows Acrobatics to get to work for anything that Earthquake or Stone Edge don't cover off. I considered stealth rocks but don't trust the bulk for SS and SR.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Honchkrow is a lot of fun to use - Sucker Punch is fantastic for late-game sweeping and pursuit traps when coming in for revenge kills and to get the first Moxie boost up. Superpower covers opposing dark types and have the debuff negated by moxie (for Attack at least).

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder

Almost always my lead, either to bait and switch a priority status to be bounced back / absorbed or to set status myself. Dance the night away until something switches or wakes, then go to town with STAB moves. Sash incase getting out-sped or requiring a 2HKO on a sudden wake.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 132 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Roost
- Earthquake

Gliscor exists primarily as a check for electric types, but is optimised to stall and annoy opposing teams. I try to avoid getting into a stall war with opposing flying types or obviously ice, but EQ is too important in my eyes to trade away for something like Facade.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Volt Switch

Priority defog is a massive plus for a team that would otherwise be very weak to stealth rocks. Volt switch is a good pivot to bring in someone between stealth rocks or to do some damage on the way out if the opposition brings in a dark to block the defog. Coverage moves with knock off and superpower to keep Thunderus' utility and get rid of items.

Overall the team seems to flow well, I know I'm missing some of the more common flying types and a mega but I think this should be a decent core moving forward. As mentioned, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Well I have to give you credit for using these uncommon pokes, but I will suggest some changes. I will try to keep the pokes the same!
Your Xatu doesn't really have much power right now. I would suggest replacing Stored Power with Psychic to have some sufficient damage so it is not necessary to use Calm Mind. I would also suggest that you change that defense stat so that it is high spec atk also. Here is an importable for it:
Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Your minior looks pretty good except for its item. I think that it should have the White Herb instead of a focus sash. This would make shell smash much more useful so that your minior could use all of its power instead of being limited. Here is an importable:
Minior @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Your honchkrow and vivillon both look great so :D

For your gliscor, I would think that you should replace substitute with facade, which doubled with toxic orb, will provide a solid platform against flying types, which cannot be harmed by earthquake. Also gliscor can be enough of a stall without substitute because of toxic orb and roost. Here is an importable:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 132 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Facade
- Roost
- Earthquake

And your thunderus looks great!

I hope you enjoy your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)