For People That Have Donated Hair

So recently, I had decided that I wanted to do this experiment. This experiment is that after I get my next hair cut(prob in a month or so), I will not cut my hair for at least a year. I just really want to see what it's like to grow out hair as opposed to always cutting it when it reaches like 3-3.5 inches long. Then, I realized that at that point, I might as well just keep my hair until it is long enough to donate. This is where I ask for advice from people that donate hair. Is it worth it? On average, how long does the hair have to be? How was the process for YOU? Stuff like that. Also, I'm 16 and a Junior in High School. Everyone is self-conscious about their hair and appearance so I am going to find it interesting when people see I let me hair out. And yes, I am male, if you did not know/figure it out already by how I wrote this. Also, I may want to livestream once a month to raise money for a charity that takes hair donations. Are people actually interested in watching an amateur(new) streamer to donate for a cause? I am done now, anything you can say on the topic would be great!

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
One of my female friends, with like really thick voluminous shoulder length hair, went bald and sold her hair to some salon/parlor and donated the amount to a cancer foundation (her mom has cancer)....

She netted, when converted to dollars, almost $900 for that. (The salon added ~$150 when they found out why she was doing it, out of charity, but that's still a cool $750)

Just putting it out there, if you're interested in the direct monetary exchange rate for hair value. Note though it's dependent on a lot of factors apart from Hair Length.

One of my female friends, with like really thick voluminous shoulder length hair, went bald and sold her hair to some salon/parlor and donated the amount to a cancer foundation (her mom has cancer)....

She netted, when converted to dollars, almost $900 for that. (The salon added ~$150 when they found out why she was doing it, out of charity, but that's still a cool $750)

Just putting it out there, if you're interested in the direct monetary exchange rate for hair value. Note though it's dependent on a lot of factors apart from Hair Length.
I actually was not aware that there is a monetary value added to hair.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I heard that black people like to buy Asian hair in the USA from a Youtube channel.
Not sure if that's legitimate.

But anyway, if you can find somewhere to sell it, why not?
Growing hair is free anyway, and I don't think it takes extra cost for having long hair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)