SM OU Fully breedable Sand Stream team

Introduction

Hello fellow Combatants. As my job requires me to do basically nothing for hours (if no emergencies come up) and i am having quite a lot of fun with breeding and battling, i decided to create a sand stream team which consist of breedable pokemon only. This has nothing to do with hate against legendaries in online battles, this is merely a matter of me having a lot of time on hand, and building legendaries for a team requires way less time (imo). So if you have any input, please consider this. For the team members, i have no desire to keep them the same.

The process of building my team started with the thought of sand stream itself, and therefore just start out with ttar. For sand storm abusers i went back and forth between excadrill and stoutland, until i finally just decided for the first. After that i went on to cover their weaknesses which ended in accidently building a core of grass/fire/water. For the last team spot again i tried to cover some weaknesses which led me to the conclusion that i should just roll with skarmory, although i am not that happy with my choice.

The Team

Tyranitar @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Protect
The go-to-mon when it comes to sand storms, including 2 physical STABs and a z-crystal for his dark attack. Dragon dance to be able to boost him up for those cases where sand storm gets switched to something else and i want to take out the responsible mon. Protect to stay safe if i can predict some DMG coming up next. IV/EV taken from Showdown-Smogon suggestions.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
i chose Excadrill, because he does benefit from the sand storm and doesn't really share too much with ttar. 2 physical STAB moves, swords dance to boost up these moves when the chance arises and finally stealth rock to do additional chip damage to enemies (as if the sand storm itself wasn't enough). Focus sash for longevity during the sand storm and dish out even more damage if he can survive for an additional round. IV/EV taken from Showdown-Smogon suggestions.

Milotic @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Besides looking fancy, Milotic can cover some of the sand-core weaknesses. Scald for water STAB and hopefully a burn on physical sweepers, ice beam for coverage, protect and recover for longevity. Berry also for longevity. Competitive because if my enemies can boost my mons, there is no need to do it myself. IV/EV taken from Showdown-Smogon suggestions.

Cacturne @ Flame Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Switcheroo
Ohhh, Cacturne. I was looking for a good grass-type and i decided that i would add something that isn't used very often but offers some fun value to the team. Especially switcheroo in combination with the flame orb, just to cripple some of those physical sweepers or annoy other mons, if he can learn it, why not use it. Seed bomb and sucker punch again for STAB, spiky shield will wittle down the enemies health even further (yeah, i like chip dmg). Sand veil (i know it's banned but i will use this team on cartridge) because if another mon can profit from the sand stream, why not just roll with it. IV/EV taken from Showdown-Smogon suggestions.

Chandelure @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Taunt
Chandelure basically completes the 3-type-core and as with cacturne i wanted to go with something less used (first pick was Arcanine), and i had enough physical dmg already. 2 special STABs, a utility move in taunt, to prevent enemies from using rain or hail for example, also during a sand storm i would definitely not enjoy someone setting up a trick room. Protect for longevity and a ghostium-z to get rid of some threats as fast as possible. Flash fire just seemed to be the best option out of those available for Chandelure. IV/EV taken from Showdown-Smogon suggestions.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
This spot gave me a lot of trouble, i am still not sure about it. I tried to cover as many weaknesses as possible, so i ended up with skarmory to also kind of benefit from the sand storm but not be dependant on it. Stealth rock to chip away at enemies (preferred stealth rock setter, even though Excadrill could set them up as well). Toxic to annoy my enemies, Roost for longevity. Whirlwind to get more use out of stealth rock and to keep possible threats away for later on. Weak armor seemed like a useful option to get a roost in before the enemy can land a final blow on me. Shed shell if Magnezone tries to hold Skarmory in place to eat away at its health. IV/EV taken from Showdown-Smogon suggestions.

Conclusion

I tried a few matches but i ended up loosing quite a lot so far. Quite a few people have some very good answers to my team, this could in some occassions be fixed with tapus f.e. Nevertheless i want to stick with using only breedable mons, even if it means losing more fights, the fun and time that goes into making the team is reward enough (for me at least). So any suggestions are very welcome.

Tyranitar @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Milotic @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Cacturne @ Flame Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Switcheroo

Chandelure @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)