Challenge Gen 1 Bug Team!

Caterpie.gif

Heyo all, I'm new to the forums and really just here to get some advice and opinions on a series of challenges I intend to partake in: completing each generation with a team of Bug Pokemon!

My team plan is as follows:

Butterfree
Psywave - Double Team - Supersonic - Stun Spore

Beedrill
Twineedle - Hyper Beam - Swords Dance - Agility

Parasect
Body Slam - Mega Drain - Growth - Spore

Venomoth
Psychic - Solar Beam - Reflect - Sleep Powder

Pinsir
Slash - Submission - Guillotine - Swords Dance

Kabutops
Surf - Blizzard - Double-Edge - Rest

I plan on taking this team through a full playthrough of Pokemon Blue and then seeing if I can't overcome Stadium 1 too. Obviously I only have so much wiggle room with options, especially in gen 1, so if my move setup seems unoptimized, keep in mind I'm trying to make a team that will be more interesting and fun while balancing competitiveness as opposed to raw competitive edge. I also don't really want to spend alot of time trading in Pokemon for repeat TM or tutor moves. And keep in mind I'm playing on Blue, so no Yellow version move options. Although I would be interested in hearing if there are any Yellow version moves that you all feel would make a significant difference.

Furthermore, I know Kabuto isn't necessarily a Bug-type but I still feel it fits the theme and gives some desperate degree of variation, hence why I'm using it instead of Scyther which wouldn't really add anything to my team.

I do plan to do some basic DV calculations with my team, really just repeatedly capturing each potential new team member until I find one that seems to have higher stats than average. How does this plan sound to you all? Are there any changes to my moves that you lot would recommend? And what's your bet on how many times I get burned up by my rival's Charizard? XP Thanks a bunch in advance for any replies.:swole:

Venomoth learns Psychic by level, so the one TM you could use on Butterfree to make it at least do something (right now your set does almost 0). Instad of Double Team, I would run Flash in order to support the rest of the team (for example, you can Flash Blue's lead Pidgeot and then boost with either Beedrill or Pinsir while the bird misses the moves).
To make the best use of SD, Pinsir should probably have Hyper Beam.

Rest is fine I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)