Gen 4 Gen 4 OU team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the competitive scene but i think ive got a pretty good team, any tips and/or suggestions would be appreciated (mostly want to try to get this team legit in game to beat my friend's diamond team, I have Heartgold so all i would need to trade for is skarmory)

drag queen (Dragonite) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

rED (Gyarados) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Bounce

ur mom (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

fly tank (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

one spinny boi (Forretress) (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

bIg bOi (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail

like i said, I'm kinda of a noob, so I'm not entirely sure about every little nook and cranny of this team, but its pretty solid and gotten me a couple wins on showdown so far.

Dragonite is my lead, with Draco meteor being able to kill just about anything and flamethrower/superpower covering what draco meteor cant. extreme speed is a cover move to make up for his slow speed, although im considering replacing it with roost since he goes down pretty fast.

Gyarados is crazy at attacking, with DD to boost and water fall for stab, SE for coverage. bounce is always fun to pull out when people think they can get a free 4x electric move and Gyarados with his boosted speed dodges it.

SkarmBliss combo for defense, with skarm being my stealth rocker.

Forretress is spin to win, although rotom might be a better choice for that electric and ghost. TS for added damage to SR, plus Gyro ball for STAB and low speed, with Explosion for a wipe.

Tyranitar w/ choice band has crazy attack, and pursuit can put an end to a lot of panic switchouts for rotom and psychic types. because of this tho im thinking of replacing crunch with something else for more coverage, since with choice band i want him in and out as fast as possible.

Main weaknesses ive noticed
Heatran, which my Gyarados cant really deal with alone and he absolutely eats up skarmory and forretress
dragons, cause no ice

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)