SV OU GODMODE [4k Thread]

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Stream GODMODE it's an excellent album

Introduction
Another 1k posts, another shoddy RMT to match.

I've been having a lot of fun in SV, which doesn't seem to be a popular opinion. I just like building goofy shit and seeing if it'll work, and it's hit or miss (often more miss than hit I can't lie) and that's fine. I've been making an effort to play in more tournaments and build more teams and just kind of let myself have fun with it instead of 24/7 dedicating myself to hosting and other work around the forum. Largely this consists of me spamming teal's DMs and us cooking up some nonsense together that falls apart against a real team. The team here is probably one of my more...useable ones, at least.

1711308645172.png

1711308735897.png

So you may be asking yourself, "Theia, why have you chosen GODMODE for this RMT?" And I'm glad you've asked. Those close to me or anyone with two eyeballs and basic literacy skills knows that my mental health has never been the best. But as anyone who fits those two categories also knows, things have been steadily improving. I've been eating more, going to the gym, keeping up with my schoolwork and not skipping class, etc. I'd like to attribute this largely to kickboxing, kickboxing rules and everyone should try it. In This Moment has always been one of my favorite bands, and I was going to do a Black Widow RMT but then in October they dropped the banger known as GODMODE, an industrial metal album that is mixed almost exclusively with Knife Party on my gym playlist. As cheesy as it sounds, In This Moment's music gives me a lot of confidence and has been a huge help to me in my journey to get better and become healthier, physically and mentally.

As always, songs are linked if you're interested. My personal favorites are "THE PURGE," "DAMAGED," and "GODMODE." I also wrote a little bit about why I picked each one in case you were curious.

The Team

SACRIFICE (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Psycho Boost

He has one job. Barf up a million hazards, refuse to elaborate, die. You're probably not Teraing him but if you do it's to spinblock a Great Tusk and launch a Psycho Boost into its face.

SACRIFICE is a song that is, by and large, about self-transformation. Maria Brink sings about setting fire from the inside and the do-or-die urgency of making the sacrifices necessary to change yourself for the better, no matter how big those sacrifices are.

THE PURGE (Great Tusk) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

I have been reliably informed that having removal on this team actually makes it BO, not HO, and I don't really care. Tera Steel setup Great Tusk is a Pokemon we've seen run away with a lot of games and it remains insanely good (though I think people have started using Tera Poison too.) Rapid Spin is removal and perhaps not necessary since we're already Speed Booster, we could probably switch to Attack Booster, Ice Spinner hits the myriad of dragons, and Headlong Rush destroys anything looking at you weird after a couple of Bulk Ups.

THE PURGE, written during the COVID-19 lockdown, touches on frustration with the human condition and conveys angst about the future of humanity. It's a bleak song but goddamn if it doesn't go insanely hard.

GODMODE (Kyurem) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Scale Shot
- Icicle Spear
- Tera Blast

This is the basis for this team, hence why it's called "New Dishonest Kyurem HO." I ended up wanting to build around it after writing a Pelipper analysis for OU and discovering that there is approximately one (1) counter for this Pokemon and it's Dondozo. Anything that resists the combination of Scale Shot + Icicle Spear probably doesn't resist Tera Ground Tera Blast. Not running Heavy-Duty Boots is why we need Great Tusk since this is definitely a Pokemon you want to keep around.

GODMODE is a song that celebrates newfound self-worth and self-confidence, literally talking about feeling like a god. This is second only to Sex Metal Barbie in terms of In This Moment songs that make me feel good about myself.

DAMAGED (Gholdengo) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Make It Rain

Here he is, the motherfucker himself. Deoxys-Speed did not die just for someone to come click Defog or Rapid Spin and undo all of that hard work. This man has to switch into basically all of the Fairy-types, which is why he is bulky Gholdengo instead of offensive Gholdengo. Air Balloon lets him switch into Great Tusk and the ever-annoying Gliscor. Tera Fairy lets him check Zamazenta or Kingambit in a pinch.

DAMAGED became an instant favorite of mine as soon as I heard it. It's a very harsh song (sound-wise), a duet between Maria Brink and Ice Nine Kills' Spencer Charnas. It perfectly illustrates the struggle of maintaining relationships when you're mentally unwell, how you can push people away when it feels like you'll ruin anyone who tries to help you, and, paradoxically, how much support you need from other people.

FATE BRINGER (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Added for lack of a real special breaker and a need for more speed, Iron Valiant patches up a few holes in the team, like a decided weakness to many Dragon-types. Encore is excellent for turning the bulkier mons running around like Clodsire and Blissey into setup fodder. Shadow Ball over Psyshock since Gholdengo is annoying and this team isn't exactly hurting for physical breaking power.

FATE BRINGER is a song about breaking free of a toxic, manipulative relationship. One such abusive relationship was the catalyst for a lot of my mental health problems and downward spirals, and, even after it ended, the influence they had over me was great. I became a lot more anxious, fawning and apologizing became my default response, and I was scared that anything I did could make someone angry. Shaking off that ghost has been one of the greatest things I've ever accomplished.

ARMY OF ME (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

Where there's a Kingambit, there's a way. He can and will reverse sweep your whole team for the low price of getting all of the Sucker Punch 50/50s right. Offensive Kingambit over bulky Kingambit here because we already have a bulky Gholdengo and two bulky Steel-types is more bulky Steel-types than one woman needs. A lot of stuff on this team dies fast so Kingambit gets up to max Supreme Overlord distressingly quickly in some games.

I can't lie, ARMY OF ME has no real personal significance to me, I just thought the nickname fit far too well for Kingambit.

Importable if you want it for some reason: https://pokepast.es/5c6bbedc01ae53cf
(If this team is better than I think it is and you end up using it, you have to keep the nicknames on. Those are the rules, I don't make the rules)

I jokingly credit my mental health improving to kickboxing, but really there are a number of really amazing people in my life who I have to thank for being here and supporting me along the way.

Aberforth - There isn't much to say here that I've never said before. You're a steady rock in my life and I have you to thank for still being here after everything has been said and done and for being one of my biggest supports.

Dave - Thank you for staying by me even though I'm up and down a lot, for always being willing to lend an ear, and for being real with me when I need it. You mean a lot more to me than I can ever express to you in words.

Garay oak

Larry - I hate you, but you're a good friend. Thank you for being a good sport, for being a genuinely kind soul, and for allowing me to discuss soup far too much with you.

SoulWind - Thank you for always taking time for me, for letting me talk your ear off, and for offering me a different perspective and reminding me that it's okay to take care of and look after myself.

teal6 - My best pal, thank you for being here every step of the way with me, for being reassurance and kindness and a brain just like mine. You're such an incredibly valuable friend to me and I don't know what I would possibly do without you in my life.

UT - Thank you for being perhaps the last tether of my sanity sometimes and for letting me scream and cry and freak out in your DMs when the going gets rough in the user safety department.

Vertigo - Can't believe it's been less than a year since we started hosting together. I absolutely couldn't ask for anyone better to be working alongside me. You've carried my depressed ass through some of the worst moments of the past seven months and I couldn't possibly be more grateful to call you a friend.

Thank you to every member of the Cult for being a part of something lovely, whether you're there to help write or just to hang out and come to movie night, I'm happy to have all of you in the chaotically wholesome little Discord server we share and value all of you dearly - Lily Vileman Nashrock Mizuhime TRowePrice667 corvere nya col49 Taka Flying Beagle SolarBeam Mana DugZa Skypenguin vmnunes Vertigo Rissoux scionicle Scribble TPP johnnyg2 kenn Kennedy ultraplayer abriel Merritt Dave Larry olivia ken BilloPS Feyy maroon Garay oak Edgar MANNAT Luigi Slowpoke Fan Monai teal6 Mogo PZZ Tjb145 Happygate TheShoddyStrawman Floss Estarossa Nyx Kristyl UT Siatam Finchinator SEA phoopes Marnie Danny Hacker zoe Aberforth

And thank you to everyone else who has been kind, patient, and a positive influence on me, thank you for being part of my life - CrashinBoomBang (honorary cultist) Ticken z0mOG Sabella Blitz keys adem Alexender shiny finder

Hey bro/sis, i just saw this and i know how how it feels to have mental issues, i actually got burnt out of life/work cos the hell/rat race here into my 1st job after graduating from trade school, quit and was a shutin/hikkomori for a 1.5 yrs. Furthermore, im from singapore and u practically never hear of such stories here, things like that are just criticized to hell here but im still here today (working still again). U can dm me (on smogon or discord) if u want to talk about these things. I never did gym though, always maintained fitness is free i dont have the energy to head to 1 after work, bodyweight ftw!!! XD

I can see we share a similar taste in music so maybe give this a listen :) but its millenial generation music (yea im late 20s now and old as fuck)

Lastly, do u have replays u can share with your team? I actl have a deo s team but it is bad, i mean i managed to get close to 1900 with it, but honestly, replacing deo s and some other members made the team so much better. Im genuinely interested to watch some replays if some1 has a working deo s team. This is 1 replay of mine...(out of many)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2071888191

Thanks for sharing again

Shaymin Sky

You, no, all of you, are my repentance.
is a Community Contributor
Mental battles are really tricky to deal with, been there myself but it's good that you've found things to enjoy amidst that and are improving in your life. Read your RMT and did a few test games and thought I'd give my thoughts!

Weaknesses Overview: Firstly the team lacks a reliable Ground-type resist, this is really important since strong Earthquakes are everywhere in OU. Secondly the team lacks a way to remove Toxic Spikes safely, on top of not having the immunities like Heavy Duty Boots or flying spam to mitigate damage. Lastly the team lacks a Fire-type resist which is crucial given how good Sun teams are in the metagame. Lastly your way of reliably breaking through Stall is a bit inconsistent if Kingambit can't solo the endgame, and Primarina is a little bit scary. Don't worry though these issues can be fixed!

Set Changes: There's only 1 set changes I'll advise, one of them is Destiny Bond > Encore on Iron Valiant. This will make a lot more sense later on but the major reason Destiny Bond works well here is because you're playing a 5v6 with lead Deoxys-Speed, and you want to guarantee as much progress as possible with each slot. So overzealous options like these make sense, especially for the stall matchup as well since each kill is so important for Kingambit to win late game. It can be used as a last ditch effort vs Primarina too.

Slot Changes:

:Kyurem: -> :dragonite:

This one is pretty self explanatory, you need a better matchup into Sun teams while also gaining a Ground-type resist or immunity. Dragonite fills both roles pretty damn well, while also keeping the original intentions of Kyurem. The Dragonite set we'll use will be pretty standard, Dragon Dance is a MUST on offensive teams like these.

Next we'll use Extreme Speed for priority along with Earthquake for coverage specifically against Heatran since that's one of more annoying walls for this team. Lastly Encore for the final slot move because we need some way to disrupt set up, and helps greatly vs fat team. The Tera will be Normal-Type to boost Extreme Speed, and the item we use here can be Heavy Duty Boots or Lum Berry if you're worried about Skeledirge/Torkoal. I think Lum Berry is particularly possible here because of the Taunt lead Deoxys-Speed and the Rapid Spin Great Tusk.
GODMODE @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Encore

Final Slot Change :gholdengo: -> :iron moth:

Iron Moth gives a Toxic Spikes absorber on top of another Fire-type resist, and most notably an offensive check to Primarina. This Iron Moth will use 252 in special attacker to make Booster Energy increase special attack, which gives you the KO Assault Vest Primaina after Stealth Rocks and 1 Spike. In addition the Special Attack boost grants a better matchup against fat balance teams (provided Ting-Lu is weakened), and can pressure Stall after Iron Valiant Destiny Bonds either Clodsire or Blissey.

Substitute Iron Moth with Tera-Ground Tera Blast with STAB Fiery Dance and Sludge Wave is the set we will use. Again we want to target Skeledirge, Clodsire, and Heatran to allow the Iron Valient and Dragonite to setup freely. To reiterate, I don't think Iron Moth needs Booster Energy Speed since you have two of those already and two other priority slots AND a Deoxys-Speed.
DAMAGED @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Tera Blast

Conclusion: Hopefully this helps! The only other possible suggestion is Low Kick > Iron Head on Kingambit incase of Tera-Fighting Dondozo in the Stall MU, but I think you can force Tera on other Pokemon before this happens. Plus Iron Head hits Primarina pretty hard, but the change is up to you. You now should do a bit better into Stall, way better into Sun, and not have a terrible day against Toxic Spikes! Kept the nicknames too don't worry https://pokepast.es/45cb24e976026110 :pmd/shaymin-sky:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)