Pokémon Goodra [REVAMP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If invested he has good offenses. 252 HP and Def EV's leave it with uninvested base 100 attack, which is anything but impressive in OU. And, again, even without Assault Vest the fact he does not have reliable recovery means he is a phazer that is not self-sustainable.
Have you actually USED the set before? Using a physical set with no investment he can 2hko anything with se, or 4hko with neutral. Might not sound good, but this thing can wall those turns no problem.

which gooey goodra spread for AV is better?

Sassy 252 HP 252 Def 4 Spa
Sassy 252 HP 252 SpA 4 Def
Sasst 4 HP 252 Def 252 SpA

I need one for my team, but I'm not sure what to use.
80 Speed isn't bad. I wouldn't use a - nature unless I also needed significant attack. From the options I'd pick the second one. Even with investment I would avoid physical moves.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I don't know if anyone knows this yet, but apparently skrelp gets access to play rough through breeding (through azumarill I'm assuming). Is it possible that other dragons get play rough as an egg move??

Here is the spread I've been running:

Gooey
Leftovers
252 HP 252 DEF 4 SpA

Infestation
Toxic
Protect
Flamethrower

It's all about nibbling away with Toxic and Infest while Protecting as much as possible to not only rack up more damage from your attack moves, but also to recover as much HP from Lefties as possible. I've probably faced 30 lead Tyranitars, some Megas, and killed them all with Goodra surviving. This Goodra can usually kill at least one Pokemon and spread Toxics around, but if you predict well, you can easily destroy two or more. I like to lead with him, because it forces a lot of switches, which gives you a free turn to Infest/Toxic (what you pick depends on if you think they are bringing in a Steel like Mawile or not). Flamethrower two-hits your big Steel threats and one-hits Scizor. Weaknesses are being burned/Toxic'd and strong physical moves. You'll have to switch out of the big physical threats, even with the full DEF EV spread. I pair Togekiss with Goodra to switch in on a predicted Dragon Claw/Draco Meteor/Outrage (the latter is pretty great, because it'll give you a free turn to Nasty Plot/Thunder Wave/whatever you want).

Anyone consider physical Sap Sipper/Gooey Goodra with Facade? If your using Lefties for recovery and are a physical Goodra against toxic users/spikes it can be a game changer.
Hmm, never thought of Facade. Thing is, you will lose coverage with any move you replace with Facade. I myself am still trying to figure out the best Set of a Physical Sap Sipping Goodra... Still torn on a few moves...

I don't know if anyone knows this yet, but apparently skrelp gets access to play rough through breeding (through azumarill I'm assuming). Is it possible that other dragons get play rough as an egg move??
I am going to say no, since it's not on Serebii... but it would be a good move to try out, if anyone has yet...

i doubt it, hes poison/water before becoming poison/dragon

Faced one with a Assault Vest. Wow, it forces you to switch to a physical attacker, but not before you attack to scout its vest out and allow it to set-up.

Faced one with a Assault Vest. Wow, it forces you to switch to a physical attacker, but not before you attack to scout its vest out and allow it to set-up.
An AV Pokemon can't set up, and there's no reason to expect any Goodra to be susceptible to special attacks.

When you sent out a physical attacker, did the abilty gooey scare you or make you second think your decision?

It is on Serebii the chain is from Marill line onto the Skelp line :)

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/egg/690.shtml#playrough
Well I know Skrelp Gets it, but do we know if it can be transfered to Goomy? I haven't seen anyone say it can yet

Is it worth to put it on an Adamant Goodra if it can?

Sap Sipper/Gooey(Assault Vest/Weakness Policy) 252 Attack
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Play Rough
Aqua Tail

You lose STAB Dragon, but Fairy hits dragon anyway, and nothing is immune to it.

Though I myself am thinking maybe a Mixed Wall Breaker may be better...

Gooey(Weakness Policy/Assault Vest)Sassy
Outrage/Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
EarthQuake
FlameThrower
Sludge Wave/curse/Iron Tail/Power Whip

The more physical moves this thing gets the merrier. It has a great moveset on the special side, but real potential in such balanced pokemon lies in unpredictability. Not to be confused with mixed attacks, those really suck (not enough ev's for that). On the other side, there is no problem if you're using full defensive iv's in which case it's balanced without taking anything away from offenses.

The more physical moves this thing gets the merrier. It has a great moveset on the special side, but real potential in such balanced pokemon lies in unpredictability. Not to be confused with mixed attacks, those really suck (not enough ev's for that). On the other side, there is no problem if you're using full defensive iv's in which case it's balanced without taking anything away from offenses.
So one should be physical or Special. Hmm, I was planning on a Full Physical set, but I keep thinking some steels may be a problem... but screw it. I'll go with my First Idea

Outrage
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Power Whip

Sucks that 2 of those moves have kinda low acc.

New here but would it be worth running 252HP and 252Sp.Atk and throw the last 6 Evs into Speed to outrun other Goodras and Pokemon with Base 80 Speed on a Calm Goodra that doesn't use physical attacks?
Or would ti be better to ust put the last Evs in Def or SP.Def?

I personally think that on more defensive sets, Dragon Breath could be a viable option over Dragon Pulse. True, you sacrifice a LOT of damage, but in return you get that 30% chance of paralysis. On certain teams I'd consider it to be a fair trade.

So since this Goodra I got came out of the egg with Perfect IV's i had to use it.

Bold
Sap Sipper
252 hp/252 def
Assult Vest

I know I kow my nature Lowers attack, but after hatching eggs for 3 days and it's a 6/6 I was not to judge.

Infestation
Facade/Earthquake
Dragon Pulse
FlameThrower

Facade Is simply for Toxic spikes and I can change it with TM's. I'm running Sap Sipper over gooey because of Venusaur/Breloom/Leech Seed/Spore.

Decent Coverage, lovely bulk. Semi Walled by Gyrados. Any ideas what to switch out for Tbolt?

So since this Goodra I got came out of the egg with Perfect IV's i had to use it.

Infestation
Facade/Earthquake
Dragon Pulse
FlameThrower

Facade Is simply for Toxic spikes and I can change it with TM's. I'm running Sap Sipper over gooey because of Venusaur/Breloom/Leech Seed/Spore.

Decent Coverage, lovely bulk. Semi Walled by Gyrados. Any ideas what to switch out for Tbolt?
Swap out Facade for Thunderbolt man. Normal is a bad typing for a coveredge move in the first place, and toxic spikes are too rare for situational moves like Facade to be worth it. If you feel like you have to use a physically normal move (which I highy recommend you not to do), at least use Return, as Return always has a power of 102 as long as you have max happiness on your Poke.

Two questions:
Is everyone just running max HP/max (Sp)Def? Since this thing doesn't get a 50% recover move I was thinking speed might be useful so that you don't get chipped out too quickly. Which brings me to my next question: Does this thing get any form of recovery that isn't Rest? I feel like that goo must be able to recover? Or since it gets Sap Sipper and Hydration it seems like it has some sort of recovery potential. Has anyone tried breeding Recover onto it?

iirc the only possible way for goodra to get recover is through milotic which is only accessible through the unreleased pokebank.

I can confirm that goodra doesn't get play rough through egg moves. Just rn the marril-skrelp-goomy train and goomy hatched with bubble and tackle alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)