SM OU Green Blob featuring Reuniclus!

reuniclus.gifmedicham-mega.gifclefable.gifheatran.giflandorus-therian.gifferrothorn.gif
Welcome to my 10th RMT! I've watched a bunch of Tournament games, and
the most recent Tour ( good luck blunder )!

Since watching these top OU players play, I feel like Reuniclus is a really good but
underrated Pokemon in USM OU, being very bulky and able to beat other CM users
such as Clefable or Magearna with Psyshock.

Teambuilding Details
reuniclus.gif
Reuniclus was the mon I started out with, obviously.
I took the set out of the Smogon Dex, 44 Speed EVs outspeeding Toxapex,
and the rest dumped into Physical bulk. This is a really solid late-game cleaner or
mid-game sweeper (CM alongside other CM users).
The only problem for Reuniclus without Focus Blast is it's completely walled by
Dark types such as Tyranitar or Greninja. Therefore it was mandatory for me
to add several checks to Dark types and also being able to assist
Reuniclus for a sweep.

RReuniclus.pngmedicham-mega.gif
Medicham-Mega was my choice for a Fighting-type. I thought of Rocks
Terrakion, but I really don't appreciate how it loses to all the
Dark types in the mega (Gren [Water], Ttar [LowKick/EQ], Weavile [LowKick]).
Although Cham is also a Psychic type, its ability Pure Power makes it
a terrifying wallbreaker, assisting Reuniclus in sweeping, as well
as having almost no switch-ins. It also has a nice Fake Out, allowing
it to scout for EVs on stuff like Rotom or Lando-ts.

RReuniclus.pngmedicham-mega.pngclefable.gif
Clefable was my third Pokemon, being able to take Physical hits, and is my
Rocker on the team. Clefable is one of my favourite mons since ORAS, having good
defensive typing and bulk. On this team, Clefable's role is the main physical
Dark type check and physical wall. Besides from being my rocker, it also
serves as a wish passer. On one game, which I, unfortunately, didn't get
uploaded, Landorus and Heatran both got very low, and afterwards Clefable
restored their health with Wish. It made an original L turn into W, and
helped me immensely with the longevity of the team.

RReuniclus.pngmedicham-mega.pngclefable.pngheatran.gif
Heatran took the role of a Utility trapper. The team was very weak to

Toxapex and Steel-types, and Magnezone really didn't do anything but trap
Steel-types. Reuniclus cannot break through bulky steels such as Magnezone,
Celesteela and Skarmory, so Heatran fits this role very well.
Besides from being able to threaten Steel types, Heatran can also beat
Toxapex (since Clef cannot kill it, Cham risks being burned and
Reuniclus gets Hazed) with the combination of Magma Storm, Earth Power and Taunt.

RReuniclus.pngmedicham-mega.pngclefable.pngheatran.pnglandorus-therian.gif
Landorus took the role of Scarfer. It's currently one of my favourite
scarf users in the metagame, being able to surprise non-Scarfed Koko and Gren,
as well as fitting a role of a fast Defogger. Since I have rocks on Clef,
I just wanted a speed control and a method of hazard removal.

RReuniclus.pngmedicham-mega.pngclefable.pngheatran.pnglandorus-t.pngferrothorn.gif
Ferrothorn is my Greninja/Koko check. Besides from being a check, Ferro can
also stack Spikes for Reuniclus and Cham to break teams, and provide slight recovery
for Heatran/Cham/Lando with Leech Seed. This is also one of my only counters
to Rain, which is why Power Whip is on here. Not really anything else to say
about this and Landot.

Shoutouts to these Pokemon
celesteela.gif

Celesteela was here before Heatran as a Lele check, but Heatran fits the role as well.
This mon has seen decreased viability since the released of Ultra SM, and it started off okay.
Later on, it became nothing but a burden, did nothing, and further increased my
weakness to Tapu Koko.

tangrowth.gif

Tangrowth was the Gren/Koko check before Tangrowth. Tangrowth is solid as a special wall,
but it was terrible on the team and died too quickly for my liking. Ferrothorn, on the
other hand, provided more hazards for breaking, and had a better matchup against Rain.

In-depth Details

Reuniclus.png
Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Standard Reuniclus set from Smogon Dex. Magic Guard prevents Leech Seed/Toxic/Burn from
stopping my sweep, 252HP 212Def Bold for taking physical hits better, 44 Speed to
outpace Toxapex.
Calm Mind is mandatory for Reuniclus to set up, Psyshock to hit Chansey and as STAB,
Shadow Ball for other Psychic types and weakened Steel types and Recover for recovery.

Medicham_mega.png
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Another standard set from Dex. Telepathy is the preferred ability, so Dittos don't
get Pure Power. Standard 252 EVs are used for max damage output and speed. A Jolly nature
is used as Pure Power already boosts Atk stat.
Zen Headbutt and HJK is used as STAB, Ice Punch for Landot, and Fake Out
for priority.

Clefable ().png
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish

Clefable has max Physical defense with a Bold nature to take physical hits
better. Leftovers provides a good passive recovery and Magic Guard prevents
status from infatuating Clefable. 0Atk prevents Foul Play from getting too much damage off Clef.
Stealth Rock is mandatory for any team, and Clef is my rocker on the team,
Moonblast is for Dragon and Dark types, which Clefable is used to check,
Soft-Boiled for recovery and Wish for recovery for teammates.

Heatran (1).png
Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Heatran has Firium Z to blow away SpDef Celesteela, Lando, Gliscor or any soft switch-ins to Heatran.
Flash Fire is the only ability Heatran learns and is very important for the defensive utility
of the team. Max Speed Investment with Timid nature and Max HP allows Heatran
to outspeed certain defensive Landos and take as most hits as possible. 0Atk EVs to prevent Foul Play.
Magma Storm traps "checks" such as Pex and Chansey, Earth Power to hit other Trans or Pex,
Taunt to stallbreak and Toxic to wear down potential set-up sweepers coming in (Zygarde).

Landorus_(Therian).png
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Landorus is my Scarfer on the team. This set is now so well-known it really just doesn't
need an explanation. HP and Def investment to avoid 2HKO from Leaf Blade from Kart after SR,
196Spe + Scarf to outspeed at most MegaZam (438), and the rest in Atk to apply offensive
presence. EQ for STAB, U-turn for momentum, HP Ice to hit other Landos and Defog for
hazard control.

Ferrothorn (1).png
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Ferrothorn is my Gren/Koko check for the team. Leftovers provides passive recovery, Iron Barbs
punished U-turn and any physical attack. The EVs prevent 2HKO from Dark Pulse from Specs AshGren,
rest dumped in Phys Def. Careful nature is used cuz I'm not running Gyro Ball.
Spikes for more hazard stacking, Leech Seed for another way of recovery, Power Whip to hit Water types,
and Protect to stall out certain threats or on a predicted HJK.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-754463144
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-754487435

Edit* Oops I put a wrong replay

Attachments

Last edited:

ithrowrocksatkids

Banned deucer.
i dont see why you need protect on ferro reun and clef check medi pretty well mostly reun tho and you get enough recovery with leech seeds without especially because u have wish clef ill test out the team with a different set and let u know how it goes and i like adamant medi better overall this team also lacks a heatran switch in

Last edited:
Hello, I like the team you've got there and Reuniclus is indeed a really cool pick at this moment. However, you lack some counterplay against Heatran as that Pokemon is able to come in vs Ferrothorn, Clefable and Reuniclus almost for free, and can then start damaging the team with either Magma Storm or Earth Power considering you don't have a switch-in to both of these moves. Also, as your team is quite a fat balanced, wallbreakers like SD Kartana are going to be a pain to deal with due to the fact that they can easily setup on defensives Pokemon. Got some suggestions that I want to share with you!

>
This change makes your team pretty much similar to Cdumas' one buth I didn't find anything else that supports your team better than M-Latios does. Actually, it's one of the best offensive checks to Heatran thanks to Earthquake as well as its bulk that lets it take one Magma Storm with ease for example. It can also somewhat help vs SD Kartana as it is faster and can pressure / force it out. This change would also support Reuniclus well by weakening its checks such as Tyranitar. For the set, I'd use the standard set of three attacks + Roost, full Speed and SpA, Naive. I'd also make it Ice Beam to make the Gliscor matchup easier to play.

I want to suggest HP Fire over HP Ice because, as I said, SD Kartana is an actual threat, and it would be much appreciate to have it on Lando-T to have a nice way to revenge kill this Pokemon. HP Ice is generally to damage Grounds like Gliscor and Lando-T, but both of them are not threatening, especially with the addition of Ice Beam M-Latios. I'd also change the spread to a bulkier one because I do think running Atk EVs on it is not useful in this role to keep momentum for the team.

I suggest running Will O Wisp over Toxic on Heatran. Not only this change would definitely help you deal with Mega Mawile, but it would also cripple Tyranitar, making it less threatening which is something Reuniclus loves. Both are quite common right now so I think it's a very useful change on this team. Toxic only annoys Gastrodon which is checked defensively by Ferrothorn as well as Reuniclus.

I have two changes in mind on your Ferrothorn. First, I'd run Knock Off over Protect which seems useless here thanks to Reuniclus and Clefable being able to take on Mega Medicham's HJKs and stuff. On the other hand, Knock Off is a must on every team. My second suggestion is to change Ferrothorn's spread to a SpD more oriented one, as I believe this would help better against Tapu Lele and Ash Greninja.

This is an optional one but I'd use Focus Blast over Shadow Ball because imo hitting Tyranitar and Heatran is more interesting than hitting bulky Psychics. Since Heatran can cripple Tyranitar, it would be also cool to be able to get rid of it.

~~

http://pokepast.es/303bb6e207dce8e8

That's all for me, hope you liked my changes, cool team and good luck.

Before talking about the team in particular I would like to come back to the topic, it is unreadable ahah, so use the posibilities of the site with the commands!

Then, the team is relatively interesting but uses rather known builds and thus rather predictable and finally I do not see too much how you will be able to place your Reuniculus ! And also I don't really understand why you need to protect with Ferro with this team?
Gl Hf!

Before talking about the team in particular I would like to come back to the topic, it is unreadable ahah, so use the posibilities of the site with the commands!

Then, the team is relatively interesting but uses rather known builds and thus rather predictable and finally I do not see too much how you will be able to place your Reuniculus ! And also I don't really understand why you need to protect with Ferro with this team?
Gl Hf!
Could you elaborate on the "unreadable" part? I don't understand what you mean by that.

Hello, I like the team you've got there and Reuniclus is indeed a really cool pick at this moment. However, you lack some counterplay against Heatran as that Pokemon is able to come in vs Ferrothorn, Clefable and Reuniclus almost for free, and can then start damaging the team with either Magma Storm or Earth Power considering you don't have a switch-in to both of these moves. Also, as your team is quite a fat balanced, wallbreakers like SD Kartana are going to be a pain to deal with due to the fact that they can easily setup on defensives Pokemon. Got some suggestions that I want to share with you!

>
This change makes your team pretty much similar to Cdumas' one buth I didn't find anything else that supports your team better than M-Latios does. Actually, it's one of the best offensive checks to Heatran thanks to Earthquake as well as its bulk that lets it take one Magma Storm with ease for example. It can also somewhat help vs SD Kartana as it is faster and can pressure / force it out. This change would also support Reuniclus well by weakening its checks such as Tyranitar. For the set, I'd use the standard set of three attacks + Roost, full Speed and SpA, Naive. I'd also make it Ice Beam to make the Gliscor matchup easier to play.

I want to suggest HP Fire over HP Ice because, as I said, SD Kartana is an actual threat, and it would be much appreciate to have it on Lando-T to have a nice way to revenge kill this Pokemon. HP Ice is generally to damage Grounds like Gliscor and Lando-T, but both of them are not threatening, especially with the addition of Ice Beam M-Latios. I'd also change the spread to a bulkier one because I do think running Atk EVs on it is not useful in this role to keep momentum for the team.

I suggest running Will O Wisp over Toxic on Heatran. Not only this change would definitely help you deal with Mega Mawile, but it would also cripple Tyranitar, making it less threatening which is something Reuniclus loves. Both are quite common right now so I think it's a very useful change on this team. Toxic only annoys Gastrodon which is checked defensively by Ferrothorn as well as Reuniclus.

I have two changes in mind on your Ferrothorn. First, I'd run Knock Off over Protect which seems useless here thanks to Reuniclus and Clefable being able to take on Mega Medicham's HJKs and stuff. On the other hand, Knock Off is a must on every team. My second suggestion is to change Ferrothorn's spread to a SpD more oriented one, as I believe this would help better against Tapu Lele and Ash Greninja.

This is an optional one but I'd use Focus Blast over Shadow Ball because imo hitting Tyranitar and Heatran is more interesting than hitting bulky Psychics. Since Heatran can cripple Tyranitar, it would be also cool to be able to get rid of it.

~~

http://pokepast.es/303bb6e207dce8e8

That's all for me, hope you liked my changes, cool team and good luck.
Thank you very much again, for rating my team Simia. Reuniclus and Latios seemed really solid when I tried it, and Wisp definitely did help me against those pesky physical attackers coming in on Heatran. The teams works very well, and I really liked your changes. Thanks again for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)