GTS Cloning Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, I'm testing this out..I got to 7 and 3/4ths of the clock, so 2 little notches before?That was cool, and when I tunred it off ,I loaded it, and I didn't clone it.Crap.

i tried cloning again...and my pokemon's sprite turned into an egg sprite. Everything went back to normal though...it was weird, and i failed the cloning =/

Huh, this is really hit and miss for me. Some things were easy to clone like on the first try, but others just don't seem to clone at all. I wonder if its just certain pokemon? I doubt it but there might be something about the ID coding or secret codes, or whatever. Go 2 Lvl 100 Lugia's, and currently working on Ho-oh.

I'm just curious, any advice on what precautions to take to avoid wiping or corrupting your game with this? I know there's the double save file, but is there anything else to watch for?

I'm just curious, any advice on what precautions to take to avoid wiping or corrupting your game with this? I know there's the double save file, but is there anything else to watch for?
As far as I know the double save pretty much covers it 99 percent of the time. I've heard maybe 2-3 cases of Pokemon vanishing completely, but that may have been from turning it off while receiving the Pokemon off of GTS.

Anyway, I made a ton of attempts today with no luck. If I turn of off any earlier than about 7 1/8 it corrupts and I return with me having the Pokemon. Any later and it's on GTS. I am supposed to be aiming for the time RIGHT before it turns black the evolution music kicks in, right? Because that happens immediately after the times I'm aiming for and it still won't work.

Has anyone come up with a better method since the last post of this thread?

I've been trying this trick to clone a Pokemon I had the Stealth Rock TM attached to. 20 minutes; 1 success. That's probably a 1 in 15 success rate.

So, anyone else come up with anything better? The timing with this is very fickle, as everyone that has tried this has observed...

Has anyone come up with a better method since the last post of this thread?

I've been trying this trick to clone a Pokemon I had the Stealth Rock TM attached to. 20 minutes; 1 success. That's probably a 1 in 15 success rate.

So, anyone else come up with anything better? The timing with this is very fickle, as everyone that has tried this has observed...
If you have a router w/ a WLAN light, the trick is extremely easy albeit very slow in practice.
If you are using a router w/ a WLAN light, then yer doin it rong.

If you have a router w/ a WLAN light, the trick is extremely easy albeit very slow in practice.
If you are using a router w/ a WLAN light, then yer doin it rong.
Yeah, I was trying it the hard way. I'll see if I can do it the easy way.
you can always go to a cloner or buy an Action Replay for cloning; otherwise the WLAN trick makes this very very easy.
I'll probably get it done faster if I do the cloning, myself, especially if I can get the WLAN trick going. As for AR,
1. I can't really afford it, ATM; and
2. if I have it, why just clone when I can do practically anything I please?

Anyway, if I need a cloner, I'll go to one. Besides, I'm going to continue the storyline from Eterna City; I won't want to bother with cloning anything for a while...

Since I only have the Wi-Fi dongle, I've been trying to time it. I first tried ~12 seconds, then ~13 seconds, then ~14 seconds. I'm trying ~15 seconds now.

EDIT: ~15 seconds works! Make sure you have a stopwatch handy, and start both the GTS Check & the Stopwatch. Watch the stopwatch until it hits ~15.75-15.8, then shut the DS. I just cloned a Feebas w/ Stealth Rock!

Since I only have the Wi-Fi dongle, I've been trying to time it. I first tried ~12 seconds, then ~13 seconds, then ~14 seconds. I'm trying ~15 seconds now.

EDIT: ~15 seconds works! Make sure you have a stopwatch handy, and start both the GTS Check & the Stopwatch. Watch the stopwatch until it hits ~15.75-15.8, then shut the DS. I just cloned a Feebas w/ Stealth Rock!
Actually, it's different if you move the DS, depending on how fast you're receiving the signal or.. something.

Telling people "wait x-seconds" is pointless because everyone's router may time differently.

Anyone else screw up their Wi-Fi while doing this? I tried it once then couldn't get back on. After I re-installed the drivers it was fine, but I don't really want to do that 7 times a day....

Hey!

how do you timing the Clock in doing the Cloning glitch?

I have some Problems with the Timing.

I Have clone for only 5 Times..

:(

Some advice: If the last post in a thread was almost a year ago, don't post in it. I'm honestly curious where people find these long-dead threads.

Dude if the last post was over 2 months ago you rarely should bump it. Think before you hit the post button.

And get your hands on an AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)