Social Half year check in

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm in my mid-30s and I've been in a comfortable/happy situation for a while now, so life is all about maintaining a sustainable routine and looking after the long-term physical/mental/financial health of myself and those who I care about. Adulthood is never easy, but I've got my shit together and my problems are entirely first world. If you overthink things, there's always the danger of wondering "is this it?", but I'm broadly content to enjoy what I enjoy and just keep calm and carry on.

I'm in my mid-30s and I've been in a comfortable/happy situation for a while now, so life is all about maintaining a sustainable routine and looking after the long-term physical/mental/financial health of myself and those who I care about. Adulthood is never easy, but I've got my shit together and my problems are entirely first world. If you overthink things, there's always the danger of wondering "is this it?", but I'm broadly content to enjoy what I enjoy and just keep calm and carry on.
That’s a good mindset trying to get there as well

I couldn't downright quit red bull and caffeine entirely even after 6 months but I did manage to limit it to 100mg per day which is slightly more than a cup of standard black coffee or 300ml or red bull sugar free.

I also switched to a stim-free preworkout + a serving of beta alanine and creatine to substitute the standard preworkout I've been using whilst hitting the gym.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
How you feeling so far this year? Are you accomplishing your goals? Picked up new hobbies? I’d love to hear them
Every year since 2020 I’ve tried to have some kind theme to strive for, more or less. First it was “transitions” (more specifically, my transition into college & adulting), followed by “improvements” (regarding things I normally struggle with), and then 2022’s main goal was just to get back in a better mindset because 2021 really was just that awful compared to any year before or since.

Originally, 2023’s theme was going to be about friendship building in its various guises. Whether that meant with a quote “actual” relationship for the first time or just meeting new friends at school or work, that was for fate to decide. So far, I haven’t really been making much progress with the relationship part, so much so I even made a thread about that somewhat recently. In any case, I’ve heard and seen far too much negativity around the relationship scene to actually want to pursue one of my own, although I will say that my brother’s successful relationship going the distance this year has given me some hope.

Every year since 2020 I’ve tried to have some kind theme to strive for, more or less. First it was “transitions” (more specifically, my transition into college & adulting), followed by “improvements” (regarding things I normally struggle with), and then 2022’s main goal was just to get back in a better mindset because 2021 really was just that awful compared to any year before or since.

Originally, 2023’s theme was going to be about friendship building in its various guises. Whether that meant with a quote “actual” relationship for the first time or just meeting new friends at school or work, that was for fate to decide. So far, I haven’t really been making much progress with the relationship part, so much so I even made a thread about that somewhat recently. In any case, I’ve heard and seen far too much negativity around the relationship scene to actually want to pursue one of my own, although I will say that my brother’s successful relationship going the distance this year has given me some hope.
That’s fire bro I hope things continue to go well. I also hope your 2023 close out great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)