Strategy & Metagame Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, a guide to Rock- and Steel-types in NU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Basically I'm planning an article about Rock- and Steel-types, highlighting the good and the bad Pokemon to use in the tier. I'll give a few details, example sets, the good and bad points, competetive uses etc. Not going to go nuts with examples, 5 of each should be enough. I'd be here all day with all the NU Pokemon available.

Good:

Ferroseed, Feraligatr check, rock setter, wall
Archeops, powerful stab attacks
Crustle, can set up as a lead and use shell smash offensively
Kabutops, Rapid Spin + offensive
Klinklang - fast gear shift and gear grind and it's bulky

Bad:
[basically all bad typing and weak, but I'll explain more later]
Magcargo
Solrock / Lunatone
Sudowoodo
Bastiodon

The weird

Metang - NFE Pokemon with rocks and screens and typing is decent
Pawniard - quite powerful with SD and Sucker Punch / Iron Head

summary / closing statement / things to consider / something to end with.
hard pokemon are good, no sandstorm, all serve different purposes etc. Mention the ones I haven't gone into detail on.

Last edited:
we talked about this already and I like the idea of it. Only thing i dont like is Aurorus in bad, its kinda mediocre, but its way way better than everything else on that list. Everything else looks good though (make sure you mention that Klinklangs bulk is a big part of what makes it a threat, and that Kabutops doesnt need rain)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
>makes Rock/Steel article proposal
>doesn't include Probopass

To be honest, I'd rather see you skipping the bad examples and instead feature mons that can also be found in NU's A and B ranks (like Rhydon, Probo, STEELIX, Carracosta/Barbaracle). We already know of the bad ones, I prefer to see what mons to expect to be encountered in the tier. Probo could be fetaured in the weird category I suppose seeing as its niche is not being a threat by itself, but a threat to other threats (trapping Ferro, walling Slurpuff), but I suppose Raseri is a better judge of that.

But yeah, approved. You already seem to have access, so feel free to make a thread in the workshop when you've decided on what mons to feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)