HATMOR (Heatmor) based UU Team

Which Team Member is your Favorite?

• Total voters

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to my UU Team!
I made this UU team in collaboration with another Showdowner and we had some good ideas :)

Without further ado, here it is!
Team Preview:

Heatmor

Heatmor @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 200 Atk / 176 SAtk / 132 Spd
Rash Nature
- Hone Claws
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Now I know what you're thinking. Heatmor?! In UU?! Why noy Arcanine? Or Chandelure? Or Darmanitan? Well this team is based around Heatmor because of its ability to setup a mixed set behind dual screens. With Flash Fire, Heatmor can switch into many offensive fire threats, like the ones I listed above. Hone Claws will boost up its attack plus accuracy, giving it a perfect accuracy Fire Blast, as well as powering up Superpower and Sucker Punch. Heatmor can do a variety of things, like OHKO Crustle with Fire Blast, trick Chandelure with Sucker Punch, and hit hard with Superpower. Sounds awesome, right?

Virizion

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 104 Atk / 152 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Close Combat
- Work Up

Virizion is Heatmor's bodyguard. With its nice Grass/Fighting combo, it covers all of Heatmor's weaknesses, and runs a mixed set as well. Work Up grants Virizion a double boost, with STAB in Giga Drain and Close Combat, and rounding out the set with HP Ice for coverage. Virizion works well behinds screens just like Heatmor, so Virizion can do some major sweeping if it gets the opportunity.

Bronzong

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

This bulky guy is our dual screener. Heatmor doesn't survive very well in the UU meta without him. Dual screens benefit all the pokemon on this team, and Stealth Rock and Gyro Ball fit nicely alongside. Bronzong is usually what I send out to lead, using either Light Screen or Reflect, depending on what I'm facing. What I love about this position is this: Let's say its first turn. The opponent leads, and I setup a Light screen, and while I'm doing that, they switch out into Chandelure. I can then switch into Heatmor, absorbing the Fire Blast, and then using Sucker Punch, all while behind a Light Screen. Bronzong really comes and handy, even more than once.

Crobat

Crobat @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP /252 SAtk / 252 Spd /
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Air Slash

Crobat is the 3rd setup pokemon. Using the screens to its advantage as well, it sets up with Nasty Plot, and uses Heat Wave, Giga Drain, and Air Slash for attacking. Crobat Rounds out the main attackers on this team, mostly doing the cleanup. Its typing allows it do take out what Virizion and Heatmor couldn't, or just to be on the field first, depending on what the opponent will resist. A nice, fast potential sweeper fits nicely on this team.

Blastoise

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Roar
- Toxic

Deciding between Blastoise and Milotic for the water type was sort of difficult, so we went with Blastoise because it has access to Rapid Spin, protecting Heatmor and Crobat from Stealth Rock. Blastoise provides bulkiness to this somewhat squishy team. Scald and Toxic help out in crippling the foe, while Phazing with roar. Sort of like Crobat, Blastoise can do some cleanup itself, taking out weakened foes with scald. It takes lots of hits very nicely :)

Spiritomb

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Spiritomb really rounds out this team. Being quite bulky itself, it balances this team. It acts as many things with its typing, a spinblocker, a wall, and a hit taker. Using RestTalk, paired with Will-o-Wisp and Shadow Sneak, Spiritomb can mess with lots of different pokemon. I send out Spiritomb usually to deal with Electric types, which I'll talk about later. Spiritomb is very very tricky to deal with, especially behind screens. I usually like switching to Spiritomb when I'm having some trouble. It gives them some trouble as well.

Well, that's it for the RMT, but there is a note I'd like to add.

This team is really, REALLY, (I can't stress this enough) countered and annoyed with electric types, specifically Raikou and Zapdos, and also Rotom-Heat. I'd like some assistance to this problem, whether it's changing the teams' movesets, or replacing some pokemon altogether. I'd also like some consideration for Heatmor's moveset.
Thank you for Rating My Team!

P.S. : I'm not getting rid of Heatmor, so don't say I should replace it with Arcanine or something.
Sorry :)

Attachments

Hey.... Interesting team to say the least, you have some pretty cool and unique stuff on it. It definitely looks like a lot of fun. Here's some things that I think could help this team out.

When it comes to Pokemon, and choosing which Pokemon you should use, it's up to you if you want to use a Pokemon that is the absolute best for the job you are trying to perform with said Pokemon. I'm not going to bring you down because you are using Heatmor or Nasty Plot Crobat, because they both have their own unique qualities that make them different than other Pokemon that may run similar sets.

I think you may already know this, but the team would indeed perform better if you have, say, Victini over Heatmor and Azelf over Crobat, but if you wish to challenge yourself in this way, then cheers for you.

I have something to recommend for your Spiritomb. The set looks pretty good right now, but what I actually recommend doing is running Curse instead of Sleep Talk. I actually give credit to this set to "ThePikaWu," who uses it on both RU and UU teams on his Pokemon Wifi Battle series. If you want to learn a little more about how it functions, you can look towards this video.

I think Virizion should run a full on physical set. It will make it better at eliminating threats to Heatmor since now it can boost to +2 per turn and pack a huge punch. You already have a strong specially offensive presence in the form of Crobat so I think a better team balance will be achieved when this change is made.

That's it from me! Good luck.

Cool team, I'm always a fan of low tier stuff in UU.

The Heatmor is especially interesting, I think Giga Drain over Superpower would benefit it much more. Without a Grass attack Heatmor can't really beat Swampert or Rhyperior, both of which can OHKO Heatmor in return. I can't really think of anything that you'd really prefer to be hitting with a Superpower since you already have Fire Blast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)