Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually about something super old, but if I actually get an answer to this it would be pretty cool.

Is there any place I can find information regarding opponents' base stats (Nature, IV, EVs) in the PWT for B2/W2?
Maybe a list similar to the ones seen in the Battle Maison thread.

Been working on a database for battle facilities throughout the gens. Been able to find information for all except PWT.

I am Bronze Rank in Super Secret Base. My base is in a tree and it is just a small rectangle space. For some reason, it does not let me put any more decorations, even though I still have space. Is the decoration limit determined by the internal size of the secret base, or by rank? Or is there just a hard limit for any base?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I am Bronze Rank in Super Secret Base. My base is in a tree and it is just a small rectangle space. For some reason, it does not let me put any more decorations, even though I still have space. Is the decoration limit determined by the internal size of the secret base, or by rank? Or is there just a hard limit for any base?
Hard limit. Doesn't vary on base. Because of this, I prefer a small base.

How to I change the message for visitors to my Super Secret Base? By default, it is "Stop by my base!"

Last edited:
Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of what Pokémon you can get with a specific rod in a game? Like, I'm playing Platinum and I'm getting the Super Rod soon; I know some Pokémon you can get with it - Sharpedo in the safari zone, Luvdisc in a couple locations - but I'd like to know everything new I can get with it.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of what Pokémon you can get with a specific rod in a game? Like, I'm playing Platinum and I'm getting the Super Rod soon; I know some Pokémon you can get with it - Sharpedo in the safari zone, Luvdisc in a couple locations - but I'd like to know everything new I can get with it.
The encounter slots would be the easiest thing probably. It's really for RNG abuse, but it accomplishes the same task. Just choose your game, and then look at the bottom of the spreadsheet for the tabs for different encounter methods. There's one tab for each Rod in Platinum for example.

I've been playing Pokémon Platinum on my 3DS for some time now; following a certain LPer's playthrough. Around Thursday I'm due to get a DS Lite to transfer from the GBA games - although I'm afraid of the daily events being messed up. My question's this; if I put Platinum into the DS Lite and do absolutely nothing but migrate the GBA Pokémon for the pal park - ie I wouldn't press continue or play anything else while on the DS Lite - will the daily events still be as intact as they would have been had I never taken Platinum out of my 3DS?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I've been playing Pokémon Platinum on my 3DS for some time now; following a certain LPer's playthrough. Around Thursday I'm due to get a DS Lite to transfer from the GBA games - although I'm afraid of the daily events being messed up. My question's this; if I put Platinum into the DS Lite and do absolutely nothing but migrate the GBA Pokémon for the pal park - ie I wouldn't press continue or play anything else while on the DS Lite - will the daily events still be as intact as they would have been had I never taken Platinum out of my 3DS?
I did some messing around with Platinum and my own 3DS & Lite, using the Friday Windworks Drifloon and the Berry Master's daily berry handout. The Drifloon was still there, and the Berry Master still handed out a random berry, so it doesn't appear that it messes with the daily events. But do keep in mind that, if you plan on doing this, you'll need two Pokemon GBA cartridges. Unlike the HGSS Pal Park, DPPt's Pal Park only allows you to migrate one batch of Pokemon per day. So when you switch the cart over to your DS Lite, you'll get a msg on the transfer screen saying that the DS/Clock was changed, and prompts you to "sync" the game, placing a 24 hr restriction on transferring Pokemon from that GBA cart. If you have two Gen III Pokemon games of different versions (ex: FireRed and Emerald), insert the cart that you are not transferring from first, do the Pal Park clock sync, switch the GBA game out for the one you want to transfer the Pokemon from, and migrate as usual.

I didn't test out honey trees, but since they require honey to sit for 6 hours, switching DS's might mess with trees that currently have honey placed on them. Best to play it safe and not Pal Park if you have trees with honey on them.

Anyway, onto my own question. I searched through Google and got many conflicting answers about this, but can you obtain the earth ribbon from Pokemon Colosseum's Mt. Battle (story mode), or is it only obtainable in Pokemon XD?

I'm SRing for a bold xerneas. Just got a 31/31/29/31/18/9 one. The speed IV is terrible, the Sp.Def is decent and will be boosted anyway. Is the speed stat worth resetting for or should I keep this one? Any thoughts?

I'm SRing for a bold xerneas. Just got a 31/31/29/31/18/9 one. The speed IV is terrible, the Sp.Def is decent and will be boosted anyway. Is the speed stat worth resetting for or should I keep this one? Any thoughts?
Speed is probably the most important IV to get perfect in general. Ideally you want all the stats to be perfect but if you have to sacrifice one, especially on Xerneas, speed is the last one you should be sacrificing.

Is it possible to play a Eliminationlocke on one of the 6th Gen games ?

In the eliminationlocke you normally have 6 Pokemon which you have in the beginning of a game. My question is now how I possibly can get 6 Pokemon in my party ?

Is it possible to play a Eliminationlocke on one of the 6th Gen games ?

In the eliminationlocke you normally have 6 Pokemon which you have in the beginning of a game. My question is now how I possibly can get 6 Pokemon in my party ?
Well, uh. Just catch 5 Pokémon aside from your starter when you're given Poké Balls.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Not really sure if this is the place to ask but..what are good hm slaves in pokemon crystal? (That you can obtain in game without cheating)
Ive got surf headbutt and stregth covered and i want 2 mons that can learn the remaining hms.

Not really sure if this is the place to ask but..what are good hm slaves in pokemon crystal? (That you can obtain in game without cheating)
Ive got surf headbutt and stregth covered and i want 2 mons that can learn the remaining hms.
Paras can learn Flash and Cut and can be found in Ilex Forest. Hoothoot can learn both Fly and Flash and can be found... in a lot of places.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I assume you have a Flying type on your team? Gyarados can learn all the Water moves + Strength (considering you get a "free" one essentially you don't need to grind a Magikarp it's not all bad) Friday Lapras from Union Cave (Is that still a thing in Crystal?) has a similar moveset, as Kurona said Hoothoot gets Flash/Fly. Furret gets Surf/Strength/Cut... Whirlpool is the worst offender here as not a lot of mons can learn it in Gen 2 (At least that is what it feels like).

Quagsire is a bit of an odd shout, but it learns Surf/Strength/Flash/Whirlpool, Lanturn gets the same, but has Waterfall over Strength.

Golduck learns Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall and Flash. You can find Golduck in Ilex Forest (need Surf)
Quagsire learns Surf, Strength, Whirlpool and Flash.
Bellsprout line / Oddish line both learn Cut and Flash.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
I dont have a flying type on my team ._.
Lanturn is the mon i had not looked into: i had thought of running skarmory + watermon as skarmory gets fly and cut, so with that i'd have:
surf covered as i have poliwhirl on the team, strength on my sandslash which is part of my team, fly + cut on skarmory, and whirlpool + waterfall + flash on lanturn.
I'd have to give rock smash to sandslash as well but thats ok.
Thanks guys :toast:

edit: golduck learns the same as lanturn and apparently also gets rock smash, ill be using that oo

Hi guys,

So I'm fairly new to breeding but I'm pretty confident I have the basics down, and so I'm trying to breed a perfect IV Modest Bulbasaur with HP Fire. I've mostly been spending my time so far trying to get a perfect (5IV) Bulb, which I now have! I'm pretty sure I have 2 ditto with 30 IVs in SpA and Spe (showing as 68 in the battle institute with neutral natures, and the stats aren't perfect when I checked with the IV checker).

So... I'm thinking my best course of action now is to breed my 5 IV Modest Chlorophyll Bulb with the best 3IV ditto I have, until I get a decent female with Chlorophyll. This way I'll have a better chance of passing down Chlorophyll onto the child and it'll be better places to breed with other children/spitbacks because bulb has a 88% chance of being male.

Then I'll create the bulb with 30ivs in SpA and Spe by breeding my female with ditto holding power anklet and then breed that child holding the power anklet with another ditto holding the power lens so that child will have 30ivs in the stats I need.

Now for the next bit, I have 2 options and I'm not sure what would be easiest/quickest. I can either breed the 30IV bulb with the decent female I created before and just chain breed the stats onto the male children. Or I could use the time machine method (I haven't used it but I'm pretty sure I know how it works) until I find an egg that's gonna take SpA and Spe from the male and HP, Def, SpD from the female.

Does this sound like the right strategy here? I'm thinking that the time machine method will be quicker... I think the annoying bit is gonna be getting the right IV female, the chances are just so low!

Thanks guys! And apologies for the essay post!

Just do not breed it ain't worth it. Pokemon is digital and you would waste your time with it. Just play on on the ladder in Pokemon Showdown if you want to play tiers. Breeding is a huge inconvenience. I mean if you desperately want to play Pokemon on Cart then you should hack all your Pokemon in with a 3rd party device. Mods please do not delete this post I'm trynna help someone not to waste his time.
That's, ah... a bit of a controversial subject here, something I can tell ya from first-hand experience. If the guy wants to breed, he wants to breed.
Also discussion on hacking devices is strictly prohibited.

Hi guys,

So I'm fairly new to breeding but I'm pretty confident I have the basics down, and so I'm trying to breed a perfect IV Modest Bulbasaur with HP Fire. I've mostly been spending my time so far trying to get a perfect (5IV) Bulb, which I now have! I'm pretty sure I have 2 ditto with 30 IVs in SpA and Spe (showing as 68 in the battle institute with neutral natures, and the stats aren't perfect when I checked with the IV checker).

So... I'm thinking my best course of action now is to breed my 5 IV Modest Chlorophyll Bulb with the best 3IV ditto I have, until I get a decent female with Chlorophyll. This way I'll have a better chance of passing down Chlorophyll onto the child and it'll be better places to breed with other children/spitbacks because bulb has a 88% chance of being male.

Then I'll create the bulb with 30ivs in SpA and Spe by breeding my female with ditto holding power anklet and then breed that child holding the power anklet with another ditto holding the power lens so that child will have 30ivs in the stats I need.

Now for the next bit, I have 2 options and I'm not sure what would be easiest/quickest. I can either breed the 30IV bulb with the decent female I created before and just chain breed the stats onto the male children. Or I could use the time machine method (I haven't used it but I'm pretty sure I know how it works) until I find an egg that's gonna take SpA and Spe from the male and HP, Def, SpD from the female.

Does this sound like the right strategy here? I'm thinking that the time machine method will be quicker... I think the annoying bit is gonna be getting the right IV female, the chances are just so low!

Thanks guys! And apologies for the essay post!
Sounds to me like it should work! The time machine method will most likely be faster, so I would suggest you go with that, however I prefer chain breeding myself, I'm not sure why. Point is, either way should work, just make sure you have some time on your hands. If you're interested I might actually have a modest HP fire bulbasaur, although I'm not sure that it has chlorophyll. Pm me if you're interested, you can have it for free, I just gotta check to make sure that it's what you want. Otherwise, good luck breeding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)