Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can I get Heart Scales using Thief in ORAS? I went fishing last night but was 0/7 on getting Heart Scales from Luvdisc using Thief, since I didn't want to waste resources to catch them. Am I just really unlucky?
Have a ko'd Pokémon with compound eyes as the first of your party will raise the odds to 60%

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fiery dance isn't available till level 100, so no heart scale.
Just a note that some high level moves are also level 1 moves on certain *fully evolved* Pokemon, and thus suitable for heart scale learning. While I have not personally checked Volcarona, Bulbapedia lists Firey Dance as one of these level 1 moves. Same deal with Hurricane on Tornadus.

Just a note that some high level moves are also level 1 moves on certain *fully evolved* Pokemon, and thus suitable for heart scale learning. While I have not personally checked Volcarona, Bulbapedia lists Firey Dance as one of these level 1 moves. Same deal with Hurricane on Tornadus.
Huh that's weird, I checked bulbapedia and pokemondb and neither of those had it as a level 1 move.
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/volcarona/moves/5
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volcarona_(Pokémon)/Generation_V_learnset

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Huh that's weird, I checked bulbapedia and pokemondb and neither of those had it as a level 1 move.
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/volcarona/moves/5
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volcarona_(Pokémon)/Generation_V_learnset
Ah, there's our problem. I answered for Gen VI, the generation for which SnazzySwampert is seeking heart scales for his Tornadus. You answered for Gen V, because SnazzySwampert's earlier question addressed an in-game Black 2 team. So yes, for the Gen V Volcarona, you are quite correct.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
How long will it take to get the new Pokemon from SM onto showdown?
The games need to be released first, for legal reasons. After that? A few days at most, I guess, since the code is cracked already, and implementation (but not release) can be done while we wait for the games to hit the shelves.

Currently SRing for Genesect. Is there somewhere I can find which IVs would be acceptable for battling (other than trawling through calc)? Want to be sure I'm not missing some 2HKO's or something.

Last edited:
Currently SRing for Genesect. Is there somewhere I can find which IVs would be acceptable for battling (other than trawling through calc)? Want to be sure I'm not missing some 2HKO's or something.
On the Showdown calculator there's a function One vs All which shows you all calcs on one page. Still a bit of work with but not nearly as much as going through one by one

On the Showdown calculator there's a function One vs All which shows you all calcs on one page. Still a bit of work with but not nearly as much as going through one by one
Thank you. Having looked at it I regret tossing a Hasty 31/31/28/31/9/31 I had earlier. :-/

I must ask all of you, what's the fastest way you guys were able to finish your Pokédex collection? I've been wanting to finish mine before starting Sun and Moon but have been too busy to breed and catch, although I still try said methods whenever I do find the time.

Online guides for where to catch stuff, blissey bases, and the gts are your best friends
I was able to do this all on one cartridge,only checking the gts once a day.
Kotaku has a useful guide to gts bartering (for legendaries).just search "gts bartering " and you will find it

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
I must ask all of you, what's the fastest way you guys were able to finish your Pokédex collection? I've been wanting to finish mine before starting Sun and Moon but have been too busy to breed and catch, although I still try said methods whenever I do find the time.
I think the easiest way involves at least two game cartridges (and preferably two DSes), and the Global Trade System. Collect what you can on one cartridge, while using the other for trading away rare legendaries, and to evolve your 'mons from the first cartridge (since trade-evolving online is always slightly risky). Doesn't really matter which two games you use, as long as they're directly compatible, but OR/AS would be the most efficient, since they have a large number of legendaries, several of which you'll get two of so you can trade them for rarer ones.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
^ If you don't have access to two DS cartridges, you can use the GTS for trade evolutions. For example, you could put up a Haunter asking for a Gengar, or you could put up a Porygon2 holding a Dubious Disc for a Porygon-Z.

Or you could ask in the simple requests thread in the wi-fi section
^ This is probably the safest method. If you have Pokemon Bank, you can use that to store a "living dex" and make completing the national dex in future Pokemon games much easier. (a shame about no backwards compatibility for Pokemon going up to the 7th gen come January IIRC, but whatever)

Well, it's been about a day since my last post, so I don't think this counts as double-posting, but...

I'm currently doing a play-through in my Diamond version. I've cleared Valley Windworks of Team Galactic a couple days ago. (I've made it to Solaceon Town) If I change the DS clock to Friday, (and a slight change in time due to switching to my DS to change the clock) will I be locked out of being able to catch the Drifloon that appears on that day? I want to use the little ghostly balloon in my play-through, but don't necessarily want to wait until Friday actually rolls around.

Well, it's been about a day since my last post, so I don't think this counts as double-posting, but...

I'm currently doing a play-through in my Diamond version. I've cleared Valley Windworks of Team Galactic a couple days ago. (I've made it to Solaceon Town) If I change the DS clock to Friday, (and a slight change in time due to switching to my DS to change the clock) will I be locked out of being able to catch the Drifloon that appears on that day? I want to use the little ghostly balloon in my play-through, but don't necessarily want to wait until Friday actually rolls around.
I believe I tried this a few years ago and it does not work. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain.

I believe I tried this a few years ago and it does not work. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain.
Hm. Well, I guess there's nothing for it then but to breed/SR some more in my Omega Ruby game until Friday rolls around. Assuming I don't rush out and buy Sun/Moon and subsequently spend all day playing around in the Alola region that day...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Can anyone link me the thread where people discuss all the new gen 7 pokemon?
They're fairly well buried, but still out there: Thread Cryonics. Note that all threads in that section are locked by default.

Since the games are now released, and those discussions were all about theorymonning, first impressions and other pre-release discussion, new discussion takes place in Uncharted Territory. New threads will probably be made for every Pokémon, eventually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)