SM Ubers Help me improve My team (UBER)

Hi guys, this is my first post. I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to competitive battling, so please help me build a better team, but don't be too harsh when criticizing. Also, I am not from an English speaking country, so my grammar skills might be a little off.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Hone Claws
- Fire Punch

I have chosen Primal Groudon because I felt it has an enormous attacking power, expecially when running Adamant, and with a rock polish up it outspeeds most things, when they are not scarfed of course. Hone claws is there to be used when I know that I can take a couple of hits, and then I only need to land one big hit, like a strong Precipice Blades or Fire punch. It also boosts my accuracy, since Precipe Blades has a tendence to miss sometimes. Overall I'm happy with this mon, and am only thinking about maybe changing hone claws for another coverage move.

Skarmory @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Roost
- Stealth rock
- Defog

I used Skarmory as a defensive wall before, but now I'm trying this support set with mental herb, to be able to taunt other leads and get up rocks. If I don't need rocks in one specific match, I just keep him in the back to defog away hazards. This is the mon I'm most willing to give up, since it does not perform consistently well, and I'm also kind of insecure about the set, since I used to run Toxic instead of taunt, when it still had a defensive spread.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aeroblast
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

I love Lugia. It walls pretty much everything, and only gets killed by toxic, and that also takes a while to do. Whirlwind is there to wind away pokemons that have set up on me, like the ever common Xerneas of a boosting necrozma. The idea is to toxic the foe, and then use the combination of leftovers and roost to get straight back to full health, where multiscale makes my lugia unkillable. Aeroblast is there to help when taunted. I used to run protect, just to stall out even more, and if it helped the team I could switch Aeroblast in favor of something like defog.

Marshadow @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat

Marshadow is a great revenge-killer, and I used him for a lot of occasions. I used to run focus sash, and I'm not sure if I like this one better. Shadow sneak is there for priority, close combat and spectral thief are the standard set, and I run ice punch because my team desperately needed and Ice move to deal with rayquaza or zygarde. This choice band set hits very hard, and I also love Marsh's typing, because it stops extreeme speed Arceus from running rampant.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Rock Polish
- Photon Geyser
- Knock Off

The idea is basically to take a super-effective hit, rock polish that same turn, and sweep with the boost from waskness Policy. I love its defensive typing and I run Knock Off to deal with other kecrozma, and to get rid of leftovers and such on walls. The other two moves are obviously there for stab. I do feel like I could trade Knock off for something that helps my team more, like heat wave. I used to run ultranecrozium z on this, with a speedy spread, but it would get revenge-koed too often so I opted for this set.

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed

He's here to deal with opposing Primal Groudons. Groundium Z gets the KO, whereas my other members struggle to take it out in one shot, and that is a problem. E speed for priority, thousand arrow and outrage for stab, but I only use outrage once the fairy on the team is gone. I was thinking of using more of a support set, with glare, but I like how this one performs, even tho it's critically weak to ice and tends to die a lot when moonblasted.

Overall, the idea of this team is to set up with one mon and sweep, or rather do a bunch of damage, so that other mons on my team can clean up what's left. Lugia is incredibly viable as a stalling wall, and necrozma helped me win a lot of games; and Zygarde performs well too. My problem is probably that I can't find a wall to help deal with the weaknesses of my team, and at the same time I would love a viable defogger.
As I said I'm not from an English speaking country, so please forgive my many mistakes when it comes to grammar. I'm also kind of a roockie when it comes to competitive pokemon, so please help me make this team stronger, but don't be too harsh when criticizing. Thanks <3

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:
I struggle against Yveltal a lot, and usually lose against stally teams with arceus fairy or arceus water. Maybe this can be useful information

Unicorns

Banned deucer.
The base for the team looks promising. The primary issue I see is that you have Skarm and Lugia essentially doubling up on roles. They both counter mostly the same mons and both are fairly durable. Removing one would also improve the stall matchup as both are dead weight versus stall. I'd get rid of Lugia first as this team isn't equipped to provide the full support Lugia necessitates. I'd make the Skarm either Helmet or Shed Shell, make it fully phys def, and make the set Stealth Rock or Spikes/Roost/Whirlwind/Toxic. I'd also replace Hone Claws on Groudon for Swords Dance. SD deals significantly more damage and you're more likely to notice the benefits. I'd exchange Band for LO on Marsh. Once again, Band can be good, but this team isn't equipped to provide that support. I'd also switch out Ice Punch for HP Ice as this will improve the Zygarde matchup. Seeing as you now have an open team slot and you lack a reliable Kyogre switchin, I'd recommend Arc-Grass. The standard Ubers Smogon set should be fine:

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Recover

This also improves the difficulty with Arc-Water and isn't a complete dead weight versus stall. These changes should be an okay starting point with the team. Good luck and welcome to Smogon! :)

Update: Didn't actually fully read the Arc-Grass set. You could probably fit Defog over Ice Beam. Skarm already handles Mega Mence, and Zygarde isn't doing much to a Arc-Grass + Zygarde + Skarm core. Once again, you can experiment with other defogers as well.

Last edited:
Okay so I ran some tests, and I still find myself weak to Yveltal. Which mega could be beneficial for the team, and who should I replace it with? Or maybe no mega, just a good lead/Yveltal check. Although a Mega would be fine too

generally, a strong fairy type like mega mawile, fairyceus or xerneas are the best answers yveltal, but they all have different roles they fill. Mega mawile is also a steel type, so it can soak up toxic from the opponent, hit incredibly hard with huge power to wall break and force switches, fairyceus is an amazing support arceus type, but with arceus grass being a necessity on the current build, would require a serious reconstruction of the team, and xerneas can either be a scarfed revenge killer or use power herb + geomancy to sweep. Honestly the best spot I could recommend is replacing marshadow with scarf xerneas, as it would not only help provide more special coverage for the team, but also provide a better matchup vs zygarde, ultra necrozma, yveltal and giratina to name a few.

Xerneas is so helpful, thank you. I don't like the deer at all, since I've seen it so many times and find it kinda irritating, but the scarfed set suits the team nice. I wanna replace the arceus grass tho, because now I find it hard to switch into kyogre's ice beam and whatnot. I was thinking mixed rayquaza.. Or maybe another arceus form. Can you amazing people help with this too?

Xerneas is so helpful, thank you. I don't like the deer at all, since I've seen it so many times and find it kinda irritating, but the scarfed set suits the team nice. I wanna replace the arceus grass tho, because now I find it hard to switch into kyogre's ice beam and whatnot. I was thinking mixed rayquaza.. Or maybe another arceus form. Can you amazing people help with this too?
Arceus-Water has a great defensive typing and can learn the move Grass Knot to quickly deal with opposing Primal Kyogres, it can either serve as a supporting member of the team using moves such as Defog, Toxic, or Refresh, or it can serve as an offensive threat with more coverage moves and Calm Mind for example. Recover is also always useful.
Changing the Choice Scarf set to either a Z-Geomancy or Power Herb Geomancy set using Grass Knot for both Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre could be worth trying as well!

Arceus-Water has a great defensive typing and can learn the move Grass Knot to quickly deal with opposing Primal Kyogres, it can either serve as a supporting member of the team using moves such as Defog, Toxic, or Refresh, or it can serve as an offensive threat with more coverage moves and Calm Mind for example. Recover is also always useful.
Changing the Choice Scarf set to either a Z-Geomancy or Power Herb Geomancy set using Grass Knot for both Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre could be worth trying as well!
I just read this. Gonna try it out! Thanx

737373elj

Banned deucer.
I tried an Arceus-Dragon set from Smogon once. Why not try that out? I would like to hear the results too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)