SM NU hi high [peaked #74]

hi high

ok hi i recently picked up nu as a tier and here's a fun team i made 3 days ago, peak is here and stan loona for good health bai. there was no <real> building process, it just came together after a few minutes but the team is more or less based around the breaker core of band passimian + lo absol with scarf delphox to clean up the mess. latter of the team is a defensive core, tort sets rocks, silvally removes opposing hazards, slowbro is the cushion of the team. there's has some pretty obvious weaknesses but thankfully most of those can be played around granted you dont get too unlucky. just a quick low effort rmt, if ya like, ya use, if ya don't then drag me!

set details

absol @ life orb | super luck
jolly | 252 atk | 4 def | 252 spe
knock off | sucker punch | pursuit | superpower

this mon is great, prob my fave one atm. a strong knock off is just great for getting rid of nuisances like lefties, eviolites, helmet and sucker is overall very useful utility as it can revenge a chipped samurott or take out speedy frail mons. picking between pursuiting or knocking comes into play a lot, just do whatever you feel is the best choice. superpower of course nails roar, lix, miltank you name it. though of course it does leave you walled by fairies... yikes

delphox @ choice scarf | blaze
timid | 4 def | 252 spa | 252 spe
flamethrower | psychic | dazzling gleam | trick

speed control mon and also my cleaner, trick is pretty important in some games so you have to play very carefully with this. dazzling gleam revenges dd scrafty and the stabs are self explanatory. delphox sorta just found itself on the team considering pretty much all its checks either get chipped and or removed by the breaker core and or benefit from the pivoting support of my team. off topic but its kinda unreal how some teams are so unprepped for late game scarf phox, take your time with this mon cuz it can literally snowball its way through a lot of games.

passimian @ choice band | receiver
jolly | 252 atk | 4 def | 252 spe
close combat | u-turn | knock off | gunk shot

how strong this mon is fucking sends me to the moon thanks stan, you can literally just click whatever with this and get rewarded. passimian here really just loves the pivot support from slowbro and steelvally to fire off a good hit, nothing else to say about this other than it helps me pivot into incineroar. eq > gunk is a choice if you'd rather nail garbodor if you dont like that mon i guess.

torterra @ leftovers | overgrow
careful | 248 hp | 184 spd | 76 spe
stealth rock | wood hammer | earthquake | synthesis

my rocker and also my volt switch blocker, ev spread is pretty much a fuck you directed to heliolisk though it beats a fair amount of mons thanks to the added special bulk. the speed creep lets you nail iapapa roar with eq, sets rocks vs most things barring like xatu and dhelmise or decidueye, which get pursuit trapped. tort is also surprisingly not as passive as you think it'd be, can also tank some stab se hits if at full and retaliate back with an overgrow boosted wood hammer or eq.

silvally-steel @ steel memory | rks system
careful | 248 hp | 192 spd | 68 spe
defog | iron head | u-turn | flamethrower

another important part of the team, helps blanket check against a variety of special attackers including comfey, ice cream, sceptile, accelgor and the like. u-turn is ran over parting shot specifically for xatu (magic bounce prevents it from working) so absol removes it. speed is to outpace comfey prior to it hp firing you, rest is put into bulk. i rarely use flamethrower so it could probably be changed to toxic or w/e seems more useful but its here as a placeholder for the meantime.

slowbro @ eject button | regenerator
bold | 252 hp | 84 def | 172 spe
slack off | scald | psychic | iron defense

probably the most important mon on this team, eject buttons cool cause you can prevent opposing mons u-turns mid-process and go into passimian or w/e and fire off a strong hit. spread is a bit weird, just general bulk + speed to outpace vileplume and take it out since its annoying. this mon is really just my cushion against physical mons, regarding iron defense it's pretty odd but it's mainly for aid against bu braviary though it can prove useful against a decent amount of teams granted their special attackers and or toxic mons are out of the way.

end

whoevers reading thanks for taking a look at my team obligatory stan loona and s/o's to earth, stan, roman, (BAN ME PLEASE) boy #1 and closeted (BAN ME PLEASE) boy #2. import is here and if u ever use this quick refresher is that vikavolt and clawitzer are literally satan personified if you hate those mons do not expect to have a good time vs them /w this team lol peace and kay if you hunt down my alt and lock it or w/e thanks for letting me know me existing gives you panic attacks have a good day xoxo with love, fook.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi, man! Nice squad, love the Absol! Team looks already good but I'd like you to think about some suggestion I'm gonna quickly explain in here.

First of all, I think Absol is a supercool mon, but I feel like Swords Dance would probably be better on this team because you kinda lack of power, except for the ape. This should help you against fatter teams. I also used to run Focus Sash on SD absol (keeping the same coverage) and it used to be absolutely godlike because people will just think you're trying to guess the sucker mindgames, while you already have it won by using sash. Sash would also guarantee a easy SD and would fix the fact it's actually a superfrail mon. In addition, you might even consider a Dread Plate because I really think putting a countdown on a good mon is waste :(

You're kinda Sneasel weak tbh. You can rkill it with the ape if locked on a dark, or with Delphox if locked on an ice move. But if you have to send someone in, it really hearts. The Ebutton tech is cool tho, but I would recommend a classic Colbur on the Slowbro in this squad. Just to be sure you don't lose against Sneasel (anche since you have iron defense, you could even setup on it). It would even help against the cat (also cool spread on the Steelvally to partingshot any cat).

I really feel like your Delphox doesn't need the psychic move like at all (and not just yours, tbh). Grass knot is by far the best move, other than trick, fire stab and dgleam. It would even get rid of annoying Quagsires stopping your Absol. It would ofc hardly hit Slowbros, and Rhydons. Also I think fire blast would be better, but I totally understand you if you want some more accuracy.

Hope I helped, and have fun with the team :mehowth:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)