ORAS Ubers How To Sell Out And Take Lives (Peaked #17, 88.1 GXE)

Malley

Dominachu
What's up fellas and felletas, Malley here with a pretty fun bulky offence team I've been running with recently. I peaked at 17th, and while I'm sure I could have gone higher I lost to a max roll from a 1300-rated player so I was feeling pretty salty. Anywho, feast your little eyelets on this beauty, and I hope you enjoy.

Proof of peak.png

This team originated here, when it was just a runty little pubescent trying to find an identity. It was a decent team, but, like most adolescents, it was pretty ugly and had a tendency to make an embarrassing mess when it was asleep. Darkrai smacked the unholy shit out of it, Ho-oh was just Ho-oh, and once Groudon was weak GeoXern could take Actaeon's revenge on the rest of the squad. Someone (I want to say haxiom) suggested I go more offensive, so I tried a few things out and actually came up with two pretty good versions. I think this is the slightly better of the two, so I'm RMTing it first and hoping I can get some hugs. Offensive rocker Groudon because why not, Scarf Xerneas Sleep Talk Ogre for Darkrai and most other things, DD Mence as a nice win-con, Healing Wish + T-wave Lati to support the offence, Arceus-Rock to hard counter Ho-oh and smack half the tier, and Ditto to block any sweeper bar Calm Minders.

Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 8.06.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 10.44.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 7.39.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 8.09.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 8.10.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 8.09.50 PM.png

Fucking donkey balls I had to screenshot those individually from a sprite sheet there's got to be an easier way

Rocks

383-p.png

GTFO (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 224 HP / 240 Atk / 32 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch

Pretty simple set here - offensive rocker Groudon to threaten most leads and ensure that I get up rocks at least once. This set definitely comes from haxiom, so I don't know exactly what the EVs do, but it works pretty nicely. Fat steels can be annoying to this team, but as long as this thing is alive there's not really anything they can do. Really not much to say here - you all know what Groudon does.

Get this thing out of the fucking tier so we can start having fun again

How To Dick Darkrai

xerneas.png

GTFO (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 76 Atk / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Megahorn

Sometimes the opportunity cost of not using GeoXern feels too much, but Xern is a seriously good scarfer and this fits perfectly onto the team. I have no priority (a problem), so this speed control is vital, and I get a fair few surprise KOs on Lati@s and things expecting GeoXern. Lead Darkrai could just about 6-0 my original team, so this thing is vital. Close Combat and Megahorn have a fair (37.5%) chance to KO Darkrai if they're chosen with Sleep Talk, and the main thing that can fuck me over is a first-turn wake. The odds are well in my favour though, and Ditto can always revenge kill if Xern goes down after getting off the CC/Megahorn damage.

EDIT: Now running Sleep Talk Shrek, thanks to Lord Outrage. Already putting in work taking hits and destroying switch-ins, although I miss the Scarf. Still dicks Darkrai.

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 8.42.04 PM.png

GTFO (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald/Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk

Set-up Sweeper #1
373-m.png

GTFO (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Earthquake

This guy is just brutal. Frustration vs. Double Edge is a matter of preference - sweeping consistency vs. wallbreaking power. You really can't Roost up on that much mid-sweep, so Frustration gets the nod at the moment, but really it changes every other day. Healing Wish patches up the Double Edge problem, so I really don't know to be honest. Again, not much needs to be said about how this thing works - as with any sweeper, weaken anything that can check then set up and break lives, relationships, and minds. With Intimidate pre-mega and insane natural bulk, Mence does not have trouble safely DDing, so getting a sweep is really a matter of not being too reckless early game and identifying all possible fat fuckers in the way. I don't have hazard control on this team, which is mildly annoying (and potentially fixable - cf. Latias), but especially with Frustration over Double Edge that doesn't actually come into play too much.

RIP Shitty Innovation
Latias (1).png

GTFO (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave

Primal Befouler Latias from the original team is gone, and it reminds me a little of my own mortality. This is definitely better, but it's not quite as fun. Like everything on this team, Latias is pretty standard, except for not having either Roost or Defog. No Roost because the offensive nature of this team means I won't be coming in more than once or twice most battles; no Defog because rocks don't hurt me too much, because lead Groudon or Mence can generally stop spikes, and because the lack of spinners in Ubers + the fact that I'll almost always get my rocks up means that the opponent may just Defog for me anyway. T-wave stops me becoming set-up bait for Xerneas and Mence if Ditto's gone, and Healing Wish lets me play more recklessly (especially with Mence) early game. Still a nice pivot against the Primals, and Soul Dew Dracos are going to hurt.

Set-up Sweeper #2
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 9.05.23 PM.png

GTFO (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Honestly, this thing is so good. It outspeeds and dickslaps so many big threats - most notably Ho-oh - while also matching up well defensively with them and finding ample opportunities to set up and sweep late game. With Will-O-Wisp to cover the physical side of its defences (particularly against E-Killer with EQ, which often wants to come in mid-sweep), this beast can 1v1 half of all S- and A-ranked 'mons, and of those that beat it only Dialga, Diancie, Klefki, and CM Groundceus can safely switch in. I have tried running Refresh in place of Will-O-Wisp, but being able to beat E-Killer is so goddamn good, and being able to spread status when it can't do anything else is always nice.

How To Dick HO
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 9.26.38 PM.png

Look at this dopey motherfucker. Just fucking look.

GTFO (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Transform

Yeah Ditto. This thing's the glue of the team, allowing it to function in relative peace, away from distasteful nuisances like GeoXern and its ilk. It hardly ever comes in, but that's fine because it does its best work at team preview, forcing GeoXern to act like a scarfer that's been knocked off. Just by existing, it covers a load of weaknesses this team would otherwise have, without forcing me to run bulk where none should be. It also has its role as a revenge killer, but that's rarely called for except against set-up sweepers, and the usefulness of scouting (against bipolar things like Yveltal, for example) should not be underestimated.
I think those are the IVs for HP Fire. If I've got that wrong, a correction would be appreciated.

Quick defence against Ditto-hate: this team was made for the ladder. On the ladder, people tend to use some form of offence, and that will most often involve GeoXern, E-Killer, or Mence. I am happy with the trade-off to limit them at the cost of some utility. The comments below have helped me prepare more options for tour matches.

Threatlist
I've shored up most of the major problems with the original team, without opening myself up to anything new, but one thing that remains annoying as hell is CM Groundceus, and to a lesser extent any other CM Arceus (which Lati can at least T-Wave). Unless it's already boosted up to +6, Ditto can't beat it, and for Rockeus to handle it it needs to have 2 CM boosts already. It's far less common than its SD cousin/twin/colleague, but I'm honestly not sure why it gets all the hate. It just wrecks.

EDIT: With Ogre in Groundceus isn't so much of a threat, but now I'm pretty weak to a well-played opposing Ogre holy crap. Also MMY can be troublesome.

Replays
I didn't intend to RMT this team until a few hours before posting, so I only have two that I could find lying around. First shows pretty well how the team works, although it was a loss against a more experienced player, and the second is just Rockeus being a magnificent horse.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-209169257
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-214608505
EDIT: got some more.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-214829194
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-214850652

Conclusion
dis team fun plz like

Salamence (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Earthquake

Kyogre (Kyogre-Primal) @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk

Groudon (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 224 HP / 240 Atk / 32 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Transform

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey there,
I really like your team, but I do not like Ditto. It is too match up dependent and will not help you against stall. To fix that I would suggest you one thing. It is using Choice Band Ho-Oh instead Ditto and go for Geomancy Xern. I think that will make your team more solid. It is just the fact that I am not a fan of Ditto. Otherwise your team is really great.

Malley

Dominachu
Hey there,
I really like your team, but I do not like Ditto. It is too match up dependent and will not help you against stall. To fix that I would suggest you one thing. It is using Choice Band Ho-Oh instead Ditto and go for Geomancy Xern. I think that will make your team more solid. It is just the fact that I am not a fan of Ditto. Otherwise your team is really great.
Hey, thanks for the rate. I agree that I am pretty weak to stall, but I'm concerned by how much pressure GeoXern, E-Killer, Mega Mence, and RP Groudon could put on me with Ditto gone - especially since I'd need to drop either Healing Wish or T-Wave from Latias to give Ho-oh Defog support. GeoXern still beats Ho-oh 1v1, even with enough SpDef to live a +2 Thunder. Could Refresh on Rockeus work?

Yo Malley.
1)Ditto is a rather bad mon in my opinion.Because it's just good against 1 Archetype.But the good thing about it is that when you face HO it exerts a psychological pressure on your opponent and somehow prevent him from setting up.So as a player who likes laddering i think that ditto is fairly good for ladder use.Very bad for tour use however.So keep it if you want.
2)Rockceus is fine.But run refresh instead of wow to have a good winning condition against stall.With ditto and the ability to 1hko salamence and ray i dont think wow is really optimal on your team.
3)Latias is fine and with T-wave on the switch ins like xerneas or yveltal or whatever can help so keep it if you wish.Hp fire can 2hko ferrothorn if you think you are slightly weak to it.
4)Groudon and salamence are ok i guess.
5)I think your xerneas is just good at checking ray.With rockceus+Ditto your fairly good against HO so i don't think this xerneas set is actually bringing some real addition to your team so i think you should run a 3 moves sleep talk Primal ogre who hits like a truck and greatly annoys specially if you pull out good double switches.
Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Scald/Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk
Hope i helped and good luck!

Malley

Dominachu
Yo Malley.
1)Ditto is a rather bad mon in my opinion.Because it's just good against 1 Archetype.But the good thing about it is that when you face HO it exerts a psychological pressure on your opponent and somehow prevent him from setting up.So as a player who likes laddering i think that ditto is fairly good for ladder use.Very bad for tour use however.So keep it if you want.
2)Rockceus is fine.But run refresh instead of wow to have a good winning condition against stall.With ditto and the ability to 1hko salamence and ray i dont think wow is really optimal on your team.
3)Latias is fine and with T-wave on the switch ins like xerneas or yveltal or whatever can help so keep it if you wish.Hp fire can 2hko ferrothorn if you think you are slightly weak to it.
4)Groudon and salamence are ok i guess.
5)I think your xerneas is just good at checking ray.With rockceus+Ditto your fairly good against HO so i don't think this xerneas set is actually bringing some real addition to your team so i think you should run a 3 moves sleep talk Primal ogre who hits like a truck and greatly annoys specially if you pull out good double switches.
Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Scald/Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk
Hope i helped and good luck!
Hey, some really good thoughts here. Thanks for the rate. This is definitely a ladder team at the moment, so Ditto puts in some pretty good work and Will-O has helped me out more than Refresh would have, but I agree it would need changes for tour. Kyogre's definitely interesting, and I'll try it out.
What would you suggest in place of Ditto if I run Ogre? I do want to get more into tours.
Cheers.

You can run Giratina O>Ditto in my opinion.Giratina O(with Dtail)+Rockceus are usually a decent answer to offensive threats specially on offensively oriented teams.
What you can do also to improve your stall machup is to run Perish trap gengar instead of mence with max hp max speed with protect perish sub and dbond.dbond can kill diancie and shaymin because both causes you problems.Perish trap greatly annoys stall.and dbond can be used as an emergency against extreme killer or even cm arceus ground with judg and ice beam or even cm ghostceus who cleans your team once ogre is weakened.SO if you want to remove ditto you have to add gira O and gengar imo.

Last edited:

Malley

Dominachu
You can run Giratina O>Ditto in my opinion.Giratina O(with Dtail)+Rockceus are usually a decent answer to offensive threats specially on offensively oriented teams.
What you can do also to improve your stall machup is to run Perish trap gengar instead of mence with max hp max speed with protect perish sub and dbond.dbond can kill diancie and shaymin because both causes you problems.Perish trap greatly annoys stall.and dbond can be used as an emergency against extreme killer or even cm arceus ground with judg and ice beam or even cm ghostceus who cleans your team once ogre is weakened.SO if you want to remove ditto you have to add gira O and gengar imo.
Thanks for your help man. Figured I don't need Lati on the Gar-Gira team, so I've stuffed tank Ho-Oh there for now. No idea if it'll work. Looking a bit weak to GeoXern, but I guess Ho-Oh + Ogre + Gira Shadow Sneak can break a sweep. T-Wave on Gira to stop set-up.

Guess now I pray to not meet you on the ladder.

Really like your team, but maybe you should change your spread on mence, since max Attack and max Speed aren't really necessary.
I suggest a spread of 88HP/208 Att/ 212 Speed Adamant nature is fine. 212 Speed let you outrun positive Base 100, while 88 Ev in your HP let you survive Mega Blaze Stone edge after SR aswell as uninvested ttar's stone edge(after Sr aswell but that calc might be irrelevant) And you will survive a +2 Dark Pulse from non life orb Darkrai and a +2 Espeed from jolly life orb e-killer. The rest goes into att. But that is just a suggestion.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
props to calling DD Mence and Rockeus what they actually are (adjective + sweeper) and not win conditions :) (not gonna belabor finer points but Pokemon themselves aren't win conditions, a win condition depends on the game state ie opp PDon and XernCheck#2 are weakened so your GeoXern can sweep)

not much to add, Ditto is fine for climbing ladder but if you want to change it you could try going like defensive Refresh DD Mence and Keys over Ditto. Keys adds another Ground weakness so bulkier Mence helps with checking more stuff, and you can emergency TWave or Toxic stuff which could be useful against Groundceus I guess. Bulky Mence also helps with non-Stone Edge EKiller, though it doesn't set up for free, I mostly don't like how Ditto plays out because of its super low HP. gl :)

Malley

Dominachu
I would keep Latias because without it you are too weak to Ogre.
Hey, thanks for the rate. Probably won't think too much about that Gira-Gar team until I've had a chance to test it though.
Really like your team, but maybe you should change your spread on mence, since max Attack and max Speed aren't really necessary.
I suggest a spread of 88HP/208 Att/ 212 Speed Adamant nature is fine. 212 Speed let you outrun positive Base 100, while 88 Ev in your HP let you survive Mega Blaze Stone edge after SR aswell as uninvested ttar's stone edge(after Sr aswell but that calc might be irrelevant) And you will survive a +2 Dark Pulse from non life orb Darkrai and a +2 Espeed from jolly life orb e-killer. The rest goes into att. But that is just a suggestion.
Max speed beats a load of boosted mons, and max attack helps as a general wallbreaker, so I don't want to change that at the moment. Thanks for the rate though.
props to calling DD Mence and Rockeus what they actually are (adjective + sweeper) and not win conditions :) (not gonna belabor finer points but Pokemon themselves aren't win conditions, a win condition depends on the game state ie opp PDon and XernCheck#2 are weakened so your GeoXern can sweep)

not much to add, Ditto is fine for climbing ladder but if you want to change it you could try going like defensive Refresh DD Mence and Keys over Ditto. Keys adds another Ground weakness so bulkier Mence helps with checking more stuff, and you can emergency TWave or Toxic stuff which could be useful against Groundceus I guess. Bulky Mence also helps with non-Stone Edge EKiller, though it doesn't set up for free, I mostly don't like how Ditto plays out because of its super low HP. gl :)
Heyo, thanks for the rate. Keys feel like they could be decent on this team, and I have been playing around with them in the builder with some of this team's variants.

Refresh over EQ on Mence?

I really like Mence as a bulky Pokémon - even support. Just haven't found a way to make it work yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)