SM OU HUGE TRASH (1650+ and still climbing)

1546546259510.png
1546546283495.png
1546546326727.png
1546546346434.png
1546546362922.png
1546546382615.png

Hi, this is my first RMT. Enjoy!

HUGE TRASH

This team revolves around two things: breaking through with Diggersby (DB) and trapping with Azumarill (Azu). It relies on predicting your opponents by making important double switches or using the VOLTTURN momentum in order to bring in DB. In the end game, it uses Koko to sweep.

The Team

1546546601632.png

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

This was the first pokemon on the list. I wanted to make a team revolved around a huge power user to break through teams. I also wanted it to have a priority move in order to get some chip which can end up deciding the game in the end. Therefore, I decided to use DB. This rabbit does nutty damage ; doing 40% to defensive lando at -1 with return. If used right, it can be break through teams. Fire punch is to kill Ceelesteela/ Scizor.

1546546928052.png

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Rest/Toxic

Next up on the list was Azu. Once DB has claimed a kill, the most common switch in is Greninja. Azu walls Gren unless it has Gunk Shot. This forces the Gren into a defensive grass/steel type. Azu goes for whirlpool and that mon is gone. Tanks like Steela/ Pex / Bulu / Ferro are often lured in. If the opponents goes into a VOLTURN pokemon. This allows Azu to get some rock+ whirlpool chip. This mon also walls Volc. This rabbit helps free up DB by getting rid of EQ/Return switch ins.

1546547309781.png

I HATE ROTOM (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Toxic / Dragon Claw

Mega Sceptile is a bad mon therefore I'm using it on this team. EQ nearly knocks out Heatran on the switch. It is faster than most mega pokemon/ Greninja / Koko so it can threaten it. Toxic is there to lure in tornadus/ bulu. Overall, this mon is here to flex.

1546547559216.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

At first, this slot was for Z-Celebrate Victini so I can land more whirlpools but this lead my team to become weak to Lele and a plethora of other psychic/fairy type mons. Iron head is to threaten the tapus, Magearna and clefable. If worst comes to worst, you can break slower teams with iron head. KB non life orb earth power does 40% so if you get the ice beam play correct you can force the KB out. Jirachi also provides wish support to the other mons.

1546550866057.png

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch / Grass knot.
- Brave Bird

Koko is one of fastest scarfers in the ou meta game. It has U-turn in order to bring other mons in (mainly DB). Its typing allows it to live Hawlucha's high jump kick twice. Wild Charge has a 50% chance to OHKO Hawlucha after rocks. This mon is so fucking fast, it out-speeds jolly m-Swampert in the rain by like 70 points. Thunder punch is there to avoid recoil damage and BB is used to catch grass types. BB 2HKO tangrowth after stealth rocks. Such a broken mon.

1546551654419.png

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Zapdos is the final pokemon to this team. In order to prevent physical attackers such as Hawlucha, M-Pinsir and Kartana from sweeping me, I decided to use the electric bird. Because of rocky helmet and static, Zapdos pushes pressure ( get it lol ) on the enemy to be careful with their physical attackers or else they might catch that yellow colour. This goes well with the whirlpool Azu as some mons such as Scizor like to roost and then u-turn on the final turn of perish song. To counter that, I use Zap to get further chip as well as the chance to para. Volt switch is there to keep up momentum on this team.

Conclusion

I'm not sure what to call this type of team. Slightly balanced? Offense? Cheese? Have fun!

Replay - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-843705235

This replay highlights how good whirlpool Azu is

Team - https://pokepast.es/17f578bc8241bb31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)