I Make It Rain On Them Hoes B) (OU RMT) Changes implemented.

I Make It Rain On Them Hoes B)

Sorry for the title if it is done before :P. So Im back again XD with a new Rmt. My old one is quiet so its time for a new one ^_^. So this time I am taking a stab at a rain team, as I have done sandstorm before and i have gotten bored of it. So it was time to make it rain B),*gets shot* This team has been fun to play with but it has had problems with sun sometimes, and politoed dies early so it can be a issue. I am open to any changes to make this team better :) so lets get onto it.

Teambuilding process

So theres no rain without politoed, I opted for the Choice specs version to hit hard.

Next starmie was added to be my spinner and to hit hard :3.

Skarmory was added to handle sand and fighting types. And its fire weakness is reduced in rain :).

Scarf Landorus was added to have a electric immunity, and to handle volcorano.

Chansey was added next to be my special wall and to form the infamous skarm-chansey combo

Scizor was finally added to handle Reuniclus, terrakion the cb version, and to keep a check on virizion.

Cb nite was added to help against sun teams and to just hit hard :3

Make it Rain (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SAtk / 40 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Specstoad was chosen for its immense power, i have tried scarf but i have found it underwhelming. This guy brings the rain, thats its only purpose really, and the fact it just needs specs to dent stuff is bad -.-. But yeah the Evs are standard, and modest nature chosen for power. Hydro Pump is obligatory STAB, every other move is for coverage. Ice beam for dragons and grass, focus blast for steels and hp grass for gastrodon. I would love to have a bulkier spread because sometimes it just does not survive. Evs changed to give bulk.

Death Star @ Life orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Starmie hits hard, and is my spinner against those dam hazards. Starmie still hits hard under rain despite the loss of the life orb. The Evs are standard and timid is chosen for speed. Hydro Pump is STAB, and the other moves are for coverage, ice beam for revenging dragons and thunderbolt for things like gyarados. I am pretty happy with this as it does its role well. Recover was added to increase longevity, life orb for power.

Viper (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is the first part of my defensive core, it handles my physical threats, Excadrill, Conkelldur, Scrafty to name a few. Skarmory is my rocker so no spikes unfortunately, whirlwind to get rid of set ups and to shuffle. Roost to heal and brave bird to make it so its not taunt bait and so it can fight back at least. The Evs i cannot remember where i saw them, but they maximize bulk and give skarm some special defense. Skarmory has done well for me in handling the physical pokes. The first time I have used this over gliscor :P. Shed shell is chosen to escape from magnezone. Spikes was added since chansey handles SR for me.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake

CB Dragonite was added over landorus to help against sun teams and to some hard damage. Gyarados was tested here but it led to a huge electric weakness, and cbnite works excellent in rain. However I am contemplating a DD one. The Evs are standard, waterfall to act as a pseudo STAB, outrage to hit hard, EQ to hit steel pokes and ES for priority

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

The second part of my defensive core,and my beast to handle special attacks. Eviolite makes it better than blissey but the lack of lefties does get annoying sometimes. The Evs maximize Physical bulk, and it still has decent special bulk with no investment. Wish is too heal, toxic to wear down pokes, seismic toss is to do some damage. Now protect is useful for scouting, but aromatherapy has it's merits as it cures status for my team. I am happy with this pokemon but I am willing to change it if need be. Stealth rock was added to allow skarmory to spike, and softboiled to heal itself.

Finish Him (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

Scizor is chosen to handle CB terrakion, mamoswine, and virizion. I have made it specially bulky to handle special threats, and to pursuit the lati's. The moves are standard, BP for priority, Pursuit to trap pokes, U-turn to scout, superpower to hit magnezone/heatran on the switch. I am looking for a more efficient Ev spread however because sometimes the power is underwhelming. Evs chosen to make it hit harder, and 8 evs in special defense to allow it to beat other Scizors that run 8 spe.

Conclusion
Well thanks for reading my RMT, and i hope you enjoyed it ^_^. I am willing to change a lot to make this team better, but mostly I am looking for a more bulky specs set for politoed and more a hard hitting scizor spread that still retains excellent special defense. Any future changes will be in bold

Last Glance

Try this EV spread on Scizor: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

This looks like a solid team, not much else I can say. Also, try HP Elec>HP Grass on Politoed.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would only give Politoed 40 EVs in Speed to ensure its faster than Jellicent, so you can 2HKO a slightly damaged Jellicent before it can Recover-stall. It should also be faster than CBTar, because they invest in bulk > speed. For the remaining EVs invest 176 HP / 40 Def.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
As requested.

Pretty nice cool looking team you have here Makaveli. See a couple of problems you're not using weather to your fullest advantage only one real weather abuser which is Hydro pump Starmie, and it's also lefties so your not using it to the offensive nature that it's given so just to help on that considering Life orb > Leftovers might be a valuable consideration since it OHKOs many popular threats under rain. Next consideration that I might say is of Landorus, you have to many choiced pokemon especially for a kind of team that's stacking spikes you need more variety so try another pokemon since if I'm not mistaken Volcorona is checked under rain anyway especially since you have blissey, and if it's a chesto variant just go to Specstoed to demolish it, and with that in mind might want to try a bulkier set on toed as the one suggested above so try 40 EVs in speed on Politoed then the 216 in HP and 252 in Special attack.

So the Pokemon I recommend you to change over Landorus is Gyarados, provides good physical presense it brings to the table you might want to try this set:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant

Ability - Moxie
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Moveset: Waterfall, Dragon Dance, Bounce, Taunt

The set uses Waterfall under rain concept very well by also abusing some pokemons that resist water like Shaymin or Celebi with Bounce, Taunt is for opposing skarmorys since those could be annoying and then Dragon Dance is for the simple sweep you can acomplish and that's pretty self explanatory. To finish up you might want to try the Bulky Swords Dance set on Scizor since you currently have one and it can fit in quite well. The current EVs you have is fine just remove Choice band and put Leftovers and then try Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, and Roost. Only other thing I might address is keep Politoed alive as long as possible against other opposing weather teams since if Politoed goes down, so does the rest of the team, but good team and good luck.

Hey there.

First off, Skarmory should always have Spikes. A Skarmory with only Stealth Rock is really not as threatening to teams; therefore, replace Stealth Rock with Spikes.
Since Brave Bird is extremely helpful on Skarmory in order to actually hit pokemon like Excadrill and Scizor instead of just phazing them out, running both Stealth Rock and Spikes on it is not really an option.

Since you now have Spikes, but not Stealth Rock, replace Aromatherapy/Protect on Chansey with Stealth Rock. Also, replace Wish with Softboiled. Having both Stealth Rock and Spikes will make the battle much more challenging to your opponent; Wish without Stealth Rock on Chansey really is a bad idea as the opponent can just bring in threats such as CB Terrakion and force Chansey out before it gets a chance to heal.

Replace Thunderbolt on Starmie with Thunder. It hits much harder, and since you have rain, there is really no reason not to use it. Also, replace Ice Beam with Recover. Recover make Starmie last longer in battle, which is especially important since you no longer have Wish on Chansey. Ice Beam is dropped over Thunder because dragons can be taken care of by Skarmory, and because Thunder lets Starmie defeat the #1 OU Spin-Blocker: Jellicent. Also, run Life Orb over Leftovers, as the extra power really helps; the Life Orb damage can be easily gained back by Recover.

I would take Trollmonchan's advice and switch Scizor's EV Spread to 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Speed. Chansey can already take Draco Meteors from the likes of Latios and such, so running extra specially defense on Scizor is not needed.

Finally, I don't really see what Landorus is doing for your team. Chansey can easily beat Volcarona, while Starmie already outspeeds Thundurus, Tornadus, and even Terrakion. One problem for your team is that you have nothing to consistently take powerful water attacks such as Specs Politoed's Hydro Pump, as Chansey takes a lot of damage from it; Scarf Rotom-W can also be a problem, as Chansey is the only thing you have that can take all of it's moves, and if it gets Tricked you will be in major trouble. Basically, it seems like Chansey is trying to do too much for your team, and for that reason, I suggest replacing Landorus with a Gastrodon.

Specially Defensive Gastrodon
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake

Gastrodon can definitely take some pressure off of Chansey. It can easily beat Rotom-W, and beat Thundurus as well. Earthquake allows it to beat Calm Mind Jirachi, who can do some serious damage to your team if it is running Psyshock / gets lucky with Water Pulse + Thunder.

Overall, solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi,

You have the idea for a rain offense, but as I find more often with rain teams, covering other rain teams can sometimes be problematic. Using a Moxie Gyarados over Landorus can help a lot against other rain, and can even beat Rotom-w, since most carry Volt Switch and not Thunderbolt. With EVs of 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe and an Adamant nature, you will still outspeed key pokemon like Starmie while gaining a lot of physical power. A moveset of Dragon Dance | Waterfall | Bounce | Substitute lets you beat Rotom-w (subbing up on a Volt Switch to retain the substitute), gives you an addition volcarona counter, and allows you to check the same threats that Landorus did which weren't already covered by the rest of your team. Leftovers is the preferred item here to recover HP from making Substitutes.

As the above posters have alluded to, Starmie wants Life Orb over Leftovers in order to gain some important KOs, and Recover over Ice Beam, since you have Lati@s covered with Chansey already. Spikes over SR on Skarm, SR and Softboiled over Aroma and Protect on Chansey are just standard changes, and the Wish support is not wholly necessary on your team, which has a very offensively based nature, so I doubt you will have time to pull out a Wish to another member. The offensive CB Scizor EVs suggested above are fine as well. As a nitpick of mine which I have acquired from Iconic, Surf can go over Hydro Pump on Politoed to be accurate, as Hydro Pump is really over the top on a move that is already boosted by Rain and STAB. H Pump's low PP paired with its low accuracy is yet another icentive to use Surf. Good Luck!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with San_Pellegrino about adding Surf for reliable kills, but Hydro Pump on SpecsToed does come in handy when you need to overcome special walls such as Blissey. Personally I would remove Focus Blast for Surf. Focus Blast is really for Ferrothorn and Ttar, both already taking a heavy toll in switching into Politoed's STAB moves. The coverage offered by Focus Blast to me seems unnecessary and more dispensable than the powerful Hydro Pump.

Unless you switch your Landorus to Gyarados, your team really isn't that weak to hazards at all, meaning that your need for a rapid spinner isn't as great it could be. That being said, I suggest you switch Starmie for a Rotom-W. It will give you more momentum in battle, allowing you rack up residual damage from the hazards of your own, as well as form a nice core with Scizor. Set is pretty standard fare:

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 40HP/ 252SpA/ 216Spd
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Trick

Same coverage, with a little less power, more revenge killing opportunities (outspeeds +1 Gyara) and creation of the all important momentum. Get the ball rolling. GLB.

definitely agree on moving SR to chansey and giving skarmory spikes. I would also suggest adding a moxie gyarados over landorus as it is crazy powerful in the rain. the set andviet gave is perfect and landorus doesnt really benefit from rain. As for starmie if your going to go lefties id run surf for accuracy as it misses out some key KOs without LO anyways.

Try this EV spread on Scizor: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

This looks like a solid team, not much else I can say. Also, try HP Elec>HP Grass on Politoed.
No 8 Speed.

You want to be slower than standard Scizor so that in a 1v1 Superpower match, you win thanks to you hitting your opponent when he is -1 Defense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)