I quit.

AAAAAAAA

i'm torn between hating the smell of smoke and absolutely loving the smell of smoke at the minute

i only ate ONE donut today though :/

yes, eat a puppy. it will help! also, jen don't quit smoking. i'd rather have a mental image of you skinny with yellow teeth than the opposite.

There is this brand of cigarette sold here in America (I'm sure it's probably available in England as well) called Quest Cigarettes that are said to be nicotine free.

What you could do is try and limit yourself to a 1-4 regular cigarettes a day and then slowly switch to Quest and get off the nicotine. I don't know how successful that would be though.

In addition, I heard that in bars in New York they made some kind of tobacco drink since they banned smoking and so smokers got their fix that way.

There is this brand of cigarette sold here in America (I'm sure it's probably available in England as well) called Quest Cigarettes that are said to be nicotine free.

What you could do is try and limit yourself to a 1-4 regular cigarettes a day and then slowly switch to Quest and get off the nicotine. I don't know how successful that would be though.

In addition, I heard that in bars in New York they made some kind of tobacco drink since they banned smoking and so smokers got their fix that way.
I don't think I'm gonna start smoking cigarettes that don't contain nicotine...they still probably contain loads of chemicals worse than nicotine. I'm doing fine at the moment going cold turkey, I've even managed to wean myself off of my DS stylus xD

I don't think I'm gonna start smoking cigarettes that don't contain nicotine...they still probably contain loads of chemicals worse than nicotine. I'm doing fine at the moment going cold turkey, I've even managed to wean myself off of my DS stylus xD

Haha. Good luck. A lot of people in my family do it, and they blah blah all the time about quitting.

Props to you for actually doing it!

There's also something called NicoBlock (sp?) where it's (I believe) these drops of nicotine that you indent into the smoking part of the cigarette (unless you're brand is filter-less then it doesn't matter which end), that can also help.

If you do end up quitting cold turkey, more power to you. I for the record am not anti-smoking even though I'm not a smoker myself.

Dude I'm not going to smoke anything other than spliffs from now on, and that will only be very occasionally [i hope].

yeah, i gave up about 6 months ago, and really havent looked back.

But smoking in pubs ended in australia last saturday, and when they called "Last Smokes" i had one for old times sakes.
It was a 12mg (I used to smoke 4s) and my GOD! Head spin city! Much love for Nicotine.

But I'm still not going back, I'll stick to be being a booze-hound

haha good job dude (Y)

I hope in 6 months time I will be able to look back and say that I've done well and not fallen back onto the wagon...I just wish my parents would also try to give up =/

Well, I had a proper drink for the first time after I quit, and I -still- didn't smoke. even in my inebriated state...It helped that I was out with non-smokers though.

Tonight will be harder I am sure... I will be more drunk and with smokers.

Plus the whole "must eat everything in sight" phase seems to have gone away too. (Just a week's worth of like eight meals a day won't have ruined my clearly very sexah physique, Judd, don't worry...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)