2. Proof of peak
3. Team building process
4. Team explanations and sets
5. Threat list
6. Team usage tips
7. Replays
8. Conclusion and paste

1. Introduction

hello everyone! I'm back again with my second RMT. This time with a very powerful Uber trick room team. After a couple of failed projects, I got a whim to play trick room in Ubers for fun. But the team ended up being really good. So, after some more tinkering I finally present this extremely powerful Ubers team. This team got me to 1570+ peak and got me on the ladder top 500.

2. Proof of peak

Iced Seas proof of peak.png

3. Team building process:

:Calyrex-Ice:

This team started off with the idea of setting up a trick room for Calyrex-I to sweep. So much of Ubers doesn't resist Ice, with many teams only check to it being Dusk-mane Necrozma. It looked like a great pokemon to build a team around.

:Calyrex Ice: :Hatterene:

I then added suicide lead Hatterene. This is an obvious fit for a trick room team because it can get up trick room without being taunted. It also helps prevent rocks, helping the other sweepers. However funnily enough this thing ended up not being the best lead for the team, instead being better as midgame utility, using its focus sash to stop a sweep.

:Calyrex Ice: :Hatterene: :Porygon2:

Porygon2 would be the next pokemon I added. It's an excellent trick room pivot that can come back in repeatedly on many threats in Ubers to set up trick room. It also learns teleport and can pivot out slowly into our sweepers. It is also this team's Calyrex-S check, which is nice because otherwise this team might get run over very easily with how slow it is.

:Calyrex Ice: :Hatterene: :Porygon2: :Kyogre:

It was at this point I started to question: "What is the single strongest attack that I can put on this team?" And then I remembered specs Kyogre existed. many teams will outright fold to this thing, and it ended up becoming the star of the show for this team.

:Calyrex Ice: :Hatterene: :Porygon2: :Kyogre: :Melmetal:

Banded Melmetal is the final trick room abuser for the team. Originally this was a dracovish but I found that Melmetal worked a lot better for the team. It underspeeds a lot more pokemon and has a nasty flinch chance with double iron bash. It is also this team's main way of dealing with focus sashes, and it can check Xerneas outside of trick room. It can also survive Marshadow's CC in a pinch and K.O. back.

:Calyrex Ice: :Hatterene: :Porygon2: :Kyogre: :Melmetal: :Xatu:

Finally, to round off the team we have Xatu. Xatu might look wierd because there are a lot of other pokemon that can set trick room in Ubers that seem better. The truth is though I've tried many of them such as Slowbro, Dialga, Lunala, Necrozma-DW, and Magearna. However, Xatu performed the best in battle. It is integral to stopping Dusk Mane Necrozma from setting up stealth rocks, which preserves Hatterene's focus sash. What's more is that if rocks go up for the opponent it is a massive advantage for this team. So overall Xatu works really well here.

4. Team explanations and sets:

1647673258424.png

Calyrex-Ice @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance
- Glacial Lance
- High Horsepower

This thing is the main reason to use Trick room in Ubers. Glacial lance is a terrifyingly powerful attack, ohkoing most pokemon in the tier and 2hkoing the entire tier bar Dusk Mane Necrozma and Zamazenta-C. After As one activates all non-resists to glacial lance are ohkoed except for Lugia in multiscale and lunala in shadow shield. High horsepower is only for pokemon that resist ice and hit super-effectively by ground. In every other situation glacial lance will do more damage. Even if the target resists ice and hit neutrally by ground, glacial lance will still be stronger. It's mainly for Dusk Mane Necrozma when it's in range. Trick room is so that Calyrex-I can set up the move itself, it lives a surprising amount of attacks, even super effective ones from full hp. Notably it is able to live non-banded yveltal's sucker punch. Swords dance is important as the last move because it's the best option left. No other coverage move will be able to do more damage than glacial lance. Swords dance allows for Calyrex-I to boost on a switch to ho-oh and ohko it next turn to be at +3 rather than +1. It also allows Calyrex to outplay Yveltal's sucker-punch, potentially leading to a game ending advantage. In addition, because Calyrex-I lives sunsteel strike from offensive Dusk Mane Necrozma, it can boost in trick room to avoid activating weakness policy and ohko next turn. Never melt Ice is chosen as the item to provide the greatest boost to glacial lance's power while retaining full move freedom. Life orb could be used for an even greater power boost, but I found that it put Calyrex-I in range of priority too much.

252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 270-318 (64.9 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Calyrex-Ice High Horsepower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 247-292 (62 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Calyrex-Ice: 222-264 (55 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Teleport

Porygon 2 is our main trick room setter, being able to come back in multiple times during a game to set up trick room. It is important to manage porygon2's hp during a battle and discern whether it is possible get it in multiple times or not. Sometimes it needs to stick around to deal with a Calyrex-S, other times it will simply have done its job setting up trick room. Trick-room and teleport is very powerful, as it lets you get your abusers onto the field safely without them taking damage. Recover allows porygon2 to switch into many powerful ubers attackers, recover off the damage, and set up trick room. Foul play is mainly for Calyrex-S and certain swords dance users. It also breaks focus sashes. Physdef is prefered for checking Psyshock Calyrex-S. Porygon2 can live a lot of powerful attacks, for example it can even live jolly Banded Pheromosa's close combat. If needed, don't be afraid to take the hit and set up trick room as you will often be able to trade back easily.

252 Atk Choice Band Pheromosa Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 314-372 (83.9 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 283-335 (75.6 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Calyrex-Shadow Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 121-144 (32.3 - 38.5%) -- 97.9% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 84-99 (22.4 - 26.4%) -- 14.3% chance to 4HKO

Hatterene (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball / Mystical Fire
- Psychic
- Misty Explosion

Suicide Hatterene serves a very interesting purpose on this team, it allows for uncontested trick room setting in the face of a sweep. Because it has magic bounce it cannot be taunted by Yveltal or any other pokemon. It is best not used as a lead on this team, rather being better used as midgame utility to prevent a sweep from a pokemon like Xerneas. Misty Explosion is an important move because it heavily damages or ohkos the pokemon weak to it, while simultaneously getting our sweepers onto the field safely. The other 2 moveslots are mostly filler. Psychic 2hkoes Eternatus and ohkoes Marshadow, 2 pokemon good to remove for this team. Shadow ball ohkoes Calyrex-S while mystical fire hits Ferrothorn and Magearna for good damage. Maximum special attack investment to hit as hard as possible with Misty Explosion.

252+ SpA Hatterene Misty Explosion vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 270-320 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Hatterene Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marshadow: 366-432 (114 - 134.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Hatterene Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Calyrex-Shadow: 400-472 (117.3 - 138.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Choice Specs has 0 direct switch ins under trick room and at full health, even fully specially defensive Eternatus is 2hkoed. It is very important on this team because it forms a strong attacking core with both Calyrex-I and Melmetal. Notably it is able to switch in on Dusk Mane Necrozma and ohko it, opening the way for the other abusers. Generally, you want to get this in with 3 turns of trick room left and K.O. multiple pokemon. Water Spout retains utility even at around half hp as an accurate water move to finish off targets. Origin pulse is necessary despite its shaky accuracy because it allows Kyogre to fire off powerful attacks at low health. Ice beam is mostly a filler move which is only for specific super effective targets. In the few situations it does help though it's great, like against Rayquaza. Thunder is a very important move as it threatens opposing Kyogre really hard. Opposing choice specs/scarf Kyogre is very difficult for this team to deal with, and it is generally a good idea to stay in and trade damage on it with your own Kyogre even if you are locked into Water Spout. It may be a good idea to click origin pulse instead if they still have a Kyogre, as you will be able to fire off 2 strong hits against it rather than just 1 (you will be eating a powerful thunder leaving Water Spout with pitiful power). Choice specs is the item of choice and not iron ball because Kyogre at min speed already underspeeds every Uber except for Calyrex-Ice.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus in Rain: 275-324 (57.1 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in Rain: 456-537 (114.5 - 134.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 328-388 (81.1 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Enemy Kyogre attacks)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 328-388 (96.1 - 113.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO (Our Kyogre attacks)

Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Punch

Banded Melmetal is absurdly powerful in Ubers, if the opposing Dusk Mane Necrozma is weakened or removed, many teams just outright fold to this mon. Double iron bash has an ungodly 51% flinch rate in trick room which is hilariously broken. In many situations you can just say "screw it" and flinch the mon in front of you to death. For example, specs/scarf Kyogre will be 2hkoed by Double iron bash. The other moves provide valuable coverage. Earthquake is the most important one as it hits Dusk Mane Necrozma and Zamazenta-C for a 2hko and ohko any other pokemon weak to the move. Rock Slide snipes Ho-Oh attempting to pivot and stall trick room turns. Finally, thunder punch ohkoes scarf and specs variants of Kyogre. However thunder punch should only be clicked on Kyogre. Other than Kyogre Double Iron bash hits everything else harder. Max hp investment allows Melmetal to survive many important attacks. Melmetal can live life orb close combat from Marshadow and ohko back. In addition, it also always lives +2 Xerneas thunder at full, allowing it to prevent a sweep. It has 31 speed Ivs to outspeed ferrothorn out of trick room regardless of investment which can be beneficial. Fringe scenario but it also underspeeds opposing trick room Calyrex-I and iron ball Kyogre.

252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 226-266 (66.2 - 78%) -- approx. 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Melmetal Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 468-552 (112.5 - 132.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Melmetal Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 235-277 (59 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Xatu @ Focus Sash
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Night Shade / Psychic
- Trick Room
- Teleport
- Roost

Xatu is great at keeping off stealth rock from defensive Dusk Mane Necrozma while acting as a secondary suicide trick roomer with focus sash. Xatu is great because with magic bounce it is a second trick roomer that can't be taunted. Xatu uses the same Trick room/teleport strategy that porygon2 uses on this team, however it usually is too frail to get it off. Still teleport is there just in case. Generally, the strategy is to switch Xatu into any potential stealth rock user no matter what and set up trick room. This preserves Hatterene's focus sash for later, allowing you to stop a game ending sweep otherwise. Roost lets Xatu stay healthy against Dusk Mane Necrozma and Ferrothorn, potentially even healing it back to full for sash. The last move is mostly for breaking focus sashes and getting slight chip damage. Night shade deals more consistent damage to the tier, however psychic can 2hko Marshadow and ohko Pheromosa while still breaking sashes. Physdef for Dusk Mane Necrozma.

0 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Xatu: 144-171 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO

5. Threat list

:Marshadow:

The single biggest threat to the team, this thing 2hkoes the entire team. Sash variants stop a sweep from Calyrex-I cold. try to catch it on lead with Melmetal and ohko it or force it to switch.

:Kyogre:

Very annoying as it deters Water Spout from being clicked as freely, as it can revenge kill our own Kyogre quite easily. However, Porygon 2 can live thunder and recover the damage off to force it to switch. Alternatively, it might just be better to trade damage on it with one sweeper so the next can break past.

:Xerneas:

If all focus sashes are gone and Melmetal has taken even slight chip damage it sweeps. Keep a focus sash handy or Melmetal healthy to prevent this.

:Gastrodon: + :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:

This core is annoying as It stops Kyogre from making progress against Dusk Mane Necrozma. However Calyrex-I can easily Set up on Gastrodon to try and break through Dusk mane. Additionally Melmetal 2hkoes both with Earthquake, making it possible to break through.

:Shedinja: + :Quagsire:

6-0 matchup for the team, this is quite literally impossible to beat unless the opponent chokes. the only play is to try and bait Shedinja with Melmetal, as they might not expect rock slide.

6. Team usage tips

The ideal situation for this team is to maintain as many trick room mons as possible for the midgame. Thus, keeping sashes intact to continuously set up trick room is vital. This team only has a limited number of turns to work with, so aggressive play and predictions are required. If the enemy team can lead something that can K.O. all of the setters don't lead with them, it's better to preserve their usefulness. Instead lead with one of the abusers to force said threat out.

Problematic Lead Mus:

lead with your own Kyogre to force it to click thunder, you can opt to stay in and deal heavy damage as you live the hit. Then switch to Porygon2 and hope you don't get parahaxed.

:Marshadow:

As already mentioned before, try and lead Melmetal and bait it to attack you, removing this thing is amazing for Calyrex-I. Close combat will only kill if it's banded.

7. Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1534151447

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1534154447

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1534159830

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1534164667-4w7cy54f8gmafw9354owfxmtomgyidbpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1534169398
Peak Game

8. Conclusion and paste:

Overall this team was a blast to make and play. It felt amazing that even with my relatively limited knowledge of the Ubers metagame, I was able to hit such a peak with this team. I know it looks strange that there are only 2 actual Ubers pokemon on this team, but Calyrex-I, Kyogre, and Melmetal are so powerful it's worth it for the rest of the team to be centered around just setting them up. I hope I can share more teams like this in the future so stay tuned!

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/f06accc76f8bea80

P.S. If anyone could let me know how to insert the animated 3d models of pokemon into a post that would be really nice (Like in Pinkacross' many posts). I would love to make the next one more aesthetically pleasing! Have a Great day. :tyke:

Last edited:
Hi! I love me a good Trick Room and this build looks really solid. I have a few suggestions that could improve it however:

:calyrex-ice:
Are there any particular benchmarks NMI hits? Otherwise you could run Leftovers or a recovery berry to give Caly-I even more longevity. With how often it barely lives powerful attacks, I think Figy Berry could work extremely well.

:porygon2:
Worth noting that in Ubers it will often mimic useless Abilities with Trace, or even ones that help your opponent like Drizzle. Analytic is worth considering to improve Foul Play's damage, though Trace copying the occasional Regenerator is big.
0- Atk Porygon2 Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Calyrex-Shadow: 220-260 (64.5 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Analytic Porygon2 Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Calyrex-Shadow: 288-340 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (I am aware this team has no Rocks, but Rocks are the best way to simulate minor chip of some kind)

:Hatterene:
Ok so here's the first major improvement for you:
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
What is the only thing scarier than Caly-I under TR? Two Caly-Is under TR! All your busted bulky breakers appreciate a free second life, which adds far more to your team than a weak-ish Moonblast click. The EVs I played around with a bit, with the criteria being almost always OHKOing Caly-S from full (getting that last 1/16 takes another 24 EVs) but I suggest you play around with them a bit more, there's room for improvement. You could even invest in some special bulk if you wanted.
24+ SpA Hatterene Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marshadow: 308-366 (95.9 - 114%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
24+ SpA Hatterene Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Calyrex-Shadow: 340-400 (99.7 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Hatterene: 260-308 (81.7 - 96.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Hatterene: 260-308 (81.7 - 96.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (unviable Sash Marshes getting destroyed again)
252+ Atk Life Orb Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Hatterene: 259-305 (81.4 - 95.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Nothing to add here besides the fact Kyogre loves a HWish too so it can spam more 150 BP Water Spouts. Offensively invested Calm Mind could work but is probably too slow paced for this team.

:Melmetal:
First thing to know about Melmetal is to in general invest in SpD first. Melmetal's huge HP stat means investing EVs into SpD makes a big difference to facing special attackers, for instance:
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Melmetal: 376-443 (79.3 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Melmetal: 273-322 (66.2 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Without realistically changing calcs that much against physical attackers:
252+ Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Melmetal: 398-471 (83.9 - 99.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (realistically you lose to this anyway with proper play)
252+ Atk Marshadow Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 306-362 (74.2 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (unviable Sash Marsh)
But since you're using TR, instead of Banded Melmetal, try:
Melmetal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Superpower
- Thunder Punch
The ability to switch moves and exploit Melmetal's coverage lets you dismantle defensive cores with ease. Yveltal pivoted into EQ? Give it a Thunder Punch and send it packing. I'd also suggest you don't need Rock Slide in general, but I understand not wanting to lose from preview to Shed Stall.
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Melmetal Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 244-289 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Melmetal Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 317-374 (90 - 106.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Ferro is otherwise a serious roadblock to this set)
Alternatively:
:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy/Life Orb/Colbur Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Trick Room
Lest people forget Nec-DM has base 157 Atk. OTR is optional here, you have more than enough other setters and Stone Edge hits Ho-Oh. Worth keeping in mind Sunsteel ignores pesky Abilities. I can see this making your dodgy Dark/Ghost switchin problem worse though.
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 246-290 (61.8 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 366-432 (93.1 - 109.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

:Xatu:
I'm not sure I understand your obsession with keeping Rocks off, so I think Xatu makes your team much weaker defensively than it should be. Instead,
:Cresselia:
Cresselia (F) @ Kasib Berry/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight/Moonblast/Ice Beam
- Psychic
Cresselia is frankly just an immovable object. Lunar Dance for the same reason as Hwish above. Feast your eyes on Ubers titans flailing at this thing:
252+ Atk Choice Band Marshadow Poltergeist vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 366-432 (82.4 - 97.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (consumes Berry, Marsh is choiced into a move that does nothing)
252+ Atk Choice Band Marshadow Poltergeist vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kasib Berry Cresselia: 183-216 (41.2 - 48.6%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock (see above, but more specialised)
252+ Atk Life Orb Marshadow Poltergeist vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kasib Berry Cresselia: 160-188 (36 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 174-205 (39.1 - 46.1%) -- 20.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Groudon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 85-100 (19.1 - 22.5%) -- 2.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Groudon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 220-259 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 224-266 (50.4 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Cresselia Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 78-94 (17.1 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO (This is why Moonlight lol)
252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 229-270 (51.5 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

P.S. If anyone could let me know how to insert the animated 3d models of pokemon into a post that would be really nice (Like in Pinkacross' many posts). I would love to make the next one more aesthetically pleasing! Have a Great day. :tyke:
ss/Calyrex-Ice
:ss/Calyrex-Ice:
Hope this gave you some ideas!

Hi! I love me a good Trick Room and this build looks really solid. I have a few suggestions that could improve it however:

:calyrex-ice:
Are there any particular benchmarks NMI hits? Otherwise you could run Leftovers or a recovery berry to give Caly-I even more longevity. With how often it barely lives powerful attacks, I think Figy Berry could work extremely well.

:porygon2:
Worth noting that in Ubers it will often mimic useless Abilities with Trace, or even ones that help your opponent like Drizzle. Analytic is worth considering to improve Foul Play's damage, though Trace copying the occasional Regenerator is big.
0- Atk Porygon2 Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Calyrex-Shadow: 220-260 (64.5 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Analytic Porygon2 Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Calyrex-Shadow: 288-340 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (I am aware this team has no Rocks, but Rocks are the best way to simulate minor chip of some kind)

:Hatterene:
Ok so here's the first major improvement for you:
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
What is the only thing scarier than Caly-I under TR? Two Caly-Is under TR! All your busted bulky breakers appreciate a free second life, which adds far more to your team than a weak-ish Moonblast click. The EVs I played around with a bit, with the criteria being almost always OHKOing Caly-S from full (getting that last 1/16 takes another 24 EVs) but I suggest you play around with them a bit more, there's room for improvement. You could even invest in some special bulk if you wanted.
24+ SpA Hatterene Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marshadow: 308-366 (95.9 - 114%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
24+ SpA Hatterene Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Calyrex-Shadow: 340-400 (99.7 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Hatterene: 260-308 (81.7 - 96.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Hatterene: 260-308 (81.7 - 96.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (unviable Sash Marshes getting destroyed again)
252+ Atk Life Orb Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Hatterene: 259-305 (81.4 - 95.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Nothing to add here besides the fact Kyogre loves a HWish too so it can spam more 150 BP Water Spouts. Offensively invested Calm Mind could work but is probably too slow paced for this team.

:Melmetal:
First thing to know about Melmetal is to in general invest in SpD first. Melmetal's huge HP stat means investing EVs into SpD makes a big difference to facing special attackers, for instance:
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Melmetal: 376-443 (79.3 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Melmetal: 273-322 (66.2 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Without realistically changing calcs that much against physical attackers:
252+ Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Melmetal: 398-471 (83.9 - 99.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (realistically you lose to this anyway with proper play)
252+ Atk Marshadow Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 306-362 (74.2 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (unviable Sash Marsh)
But since you're using TR, instead of Banded Melmetal, try:
Melmetal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Superpower
- Thunder Punch
The ability to switch moves and exploit Melmetal's coverage lets you dismantle defensive cores with ease. Yveltal pivoted into EQ? Give it a Thunder Punch and send it packing. I'd also suggest you don't need Rock Slide in general, but I understand not wanting to lose from preview to Shed Stall.
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Melmetal Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 244-289 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Melmetal Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 317-374 (90 - 106.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Ferro is otherwise a serious roadblock to this set)
Alternatively:
:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy/Life Orb/Colbur Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Trick Room
Lest people forget Nec-DM has base 157 Atk. OTR is optional here, you have more than enough other setters and Stone Edge hits Ho-Oh. Worth keeping in mind Sunsteel ignores pesky Abilities. I can see this making your dodgy Dark/Ghost switchin problem worse though.
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 246-290 (61.8 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 366-432 (93.1 - 109.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

:Xatu:
I'm not sure I understand your obsession with keeping Rocks off, so I think Xatu makes your team much weaker defensively than it should be. Instead,
:Cresselia:
Cresselia (F) @ Kasib Berry/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight/Moonblast/Ice Beam
- Psychic
Cresselia is frankly just an immovable object. Lunar Dance for the same reason as Hwish above. Feast your eyes on Ubers titans flailing at this thing:
252+ Atk Choice Band Marshadow Poltergeist vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 366-432 (82.4 - 97.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (consumes Berry, Marsh is choiced into a move that does nothing)
252+ Atk Choice Band Marshadow Poltergeist vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kasib Berry Cresselia: 183-216 (41.2 - 48.6%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock (see above, but more specialised)
252+ Atk Life Orb Marshadow Poltergeist vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kasib Berry Cresselia: 160-188 (36 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 174-205 (39.1 - 46.1%) -- 20.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Groudon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 85-100 (19.1 - 22.5%) -- 2.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Groudon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 220-259 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 224-266 (50.4 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Cresselia Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 78-94 (17.1 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO (This is why Moonlight lol)
252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 229-270 (51.5 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

ss/Calyrex-Ice
Hope this gave you some ideas!

Thanks for your suggestions, I really want to try a lot of these out now!

:ss/Solgaleo:

Solgaleo @ Leftovers
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Teleport
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

do you think this set could also work well? I just realized this has trick room, teleport, and is an uber.

Also I can elaborate on a couple of things:

about the Calyrex-I calcs

252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Palkia: 334-394 (103.7 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu: 333-393 (97.6 - 115.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 402-473 (114.5 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 441-520 (112.2 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dialga: 429-505 (106.1 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 403-475 (96.8 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 182-214 (53.3 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 363-427 (106.4 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Essentially NeverMeltIce actually allowed Calyrex-I to K.O. more stuff at neutral and at +1. This made swords dancing unnecessary in a lot of cases and allowed me to utilize more turns of trick room just attacking. Also high horsepower was doing less to neutral targets even when glacial lance was resisted. I could see a berry being nice, though it would probably be necessary to predict more with SD. Also basically every pokemon here seriously threatens Calyrex-I with big damage if it can't ohko, so that was another thing.

:ss/Hatterene:

I actually tried healing wish but I thought misty explosion was better because it got great chip damage, and I would often waste the wish anyways. But maybe I'm wrong. Also I'm thinking of trying both on the same set, I can see that working well.

:ss/Melmetal:

Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky, but I only saw like 2 Ferrothorns on ladder while getting my peak. I just assumed that Ferrothorn was bad in ubers because of this but I might have been wrong on that. That's why I didn't even mention superpower, because I saw way more Ho-ohs and It was a way better target to kill.

Thanks again for your suggestions, I'm going to go try them out.

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
Thanks for your suggestions, I really want to try a lot of these out now!

:ss/Solgaleo:

Solgaleo @ Leftovers
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Teleport
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

do you think this set could also work well? I just realized this has trick room, teleport, and is an uber.

Also I can elaborate on a couple of things:

about the Calyrex-I calcs

252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Palkia: 334-394 (103.7 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu: 333-393 (97.6 - 115.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 402-473 (114.5 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 441-520 (112.2 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dialga: 429-505 (106.1 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 403-475 (96.8 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 182-214 (53.3 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Never-Melt Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 363-427 (106.4 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Essentially NeverMeltIce actually allowed Calyrex-I to K.O. more stuff at neutral and at +1. This made swords dancing unnecessary in a lot of cases and allowed me to utilize more turns of trick room just attacking. Also high horsepower was doing less to neutral targets even when glacial lance was resisted. I could see a berry being nice, though it would probably be necessary to predict more with SD. Also basically every pokemon here seriously threatens Calyrex-I with big damage if it can't ohko, so that was another thing.

:ss/Hatterene:

I actually tried healing wish but I thought misty explosion was better because it got great chip damage, and I would often waste the wish anyways. But maybe I'm wrong. Also I'm thinking of trying both on the same set, I can see that working well.

:ss/Melmetal:

Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky, but I only saw like 2 Ferrothorns on ladder while getting my peak. I just assumed that Ferrothorn was bad in ubers because of this but I might have been wrong on that. That's why I didn't even mention superpower, because I saw way more Ho-ohs and It was a way better target to kill.

Thanks again for your suggestions, I'm going to go try them out.
Hey noticed a new version of tr being posted so might aswell give it a rate.

Solgaleo is simply put ass, dont use it its just a worse dmane, Misty Explosion is indeed much better, ur breakers dont come out unless forced to, otherwise they are ''faster'' under tr. I agree with the Superpower change, in general this team hates ferro with a living passion and that kinda helps with it.

Changes
:calyrex_ice: Never Melt Ice -> Heavy Duty Boots
Longevity, the rolls u mention arent that big of a deal, besides the ogre one with rocks up u die way way way too quickly with ur caly ice and makes u much more scared about for example flamethrower from eternatus (which u eat from full) or sneak from marshadow.

:xatu: -> :necrozma_dusk_mane:

Hat pretty much does what xatu does, dmane helps u having another wincon and a geo Xerneas check.

The Team
Sorry for the kinda lazy explained rate, if u want a more in depth one lmk and dm me on Orchid#1034

Stallbrotonator

formerly KGR

Solgaleo is simply put ass, dont use it its just a worse dmane, Misty Explosion is indeed much better, ur breakers dont come out unless forced to, otherwise they are ''faster'' under tr. I agree with the Superpower change, in general this team hates ferro with a living passion and that kinda helps with it.

Changes
Longevity, the rolls u mention arent that big of a deal, besides the ogre one with rocks up u die way way way too quickly with ur caly ice and makes u much more scared about for example flamethrower from eternatus (which u eat from full) or sneak from marshadow.

Hat pretty much does what xatu does, dmane helps u having another wincon and a geo Xerneas check.

The Team
Sorry for the kinda lazy explained rate, if u want a more in depth one lmk and dm me on Orchid#1034

Besides it is even possible to remove Melmetal and put a Dracovish Choice Band for to do huge damage with the Kyogre rain I think.

Changes

The Team
after testing the team, with all do respect I disagree with your changes

1st its trick room, you dont need longevity and the damage boost is nice.
having xatu there I have found to be really helpful as well, a second magic bouner and it has a sash which could prevent getting swept by certain threats :)

Stallbrotonator

formerly KGR
after testing the team, with all do respect I disagree with your changes

1st its trick room, you dont need longevity and the damage boost is nice.
having xatu there I have found to be really helpful as well, a second magic bouner and it has a sash which could prevent getting swept by certain threats :)
I pretty much agree but I think Ainzcrad's version works fine too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)