SM OU Icium Kyurem-B Offense (Peak 1600)

Intro

What's up RMT. Sorry in advance if my formatting is ass, as it's my first time posting on the forums. I made this team around an offensive core of physical based Icium Kyurem-B, Tapu Koko, and Mega Gyarados.

The Team

1548166824845.png

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Kyurem-B is a great wallbreaker in OU along with Tapu Koko Electric Terrain. It deals with mons that would stop mega gyara sweeps such as Tangrowth and Tapu Bulu, as well as forcing in Ferrothorns which Kyurem easily subs up on and smacks with max attack Subzero Slammer. Electric terrain boosted Fusion Bolt hits a good amount of the tier for neutral damage and Ice Beam kills Lando as well as being a useful STAB after Z-move is used.

1548166983440.png

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

The setup sweeper, wincon, etc. After 1 or 2 DDs, Mega Gyara can clean through a team weakened by Kyurem-B and specs Keldeo. Sub lets it set up on Pex if they misplay with haze (or don't have it), Ferrothorns lacking Power Whip, and Heatran. I'm not sure what the moveset for this gyara should be - I've experimented with Crunch instead of Waterfall and Ice Fang instead of Substitute, but this was the moveset I settled on.

1548167176246.png

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 124 SpD / 128 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Standard bulky SD bulu. Useful check to mons such as Greninja, Mega Alakazam, and Tyranitar, mons which would otherwise be a gigantic problem for this team. Superpower at +2 does heavy damage to Ferrothorn, Chansey, and Heatran. Protect is there to get an extra turn of recovery, scout for coverage moves such as Greninja Gunk Shot, as well as helping stall down threats that Heatran hits with Toxic.
1548167467614.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
Rounding out the defensive core with Bulu, Heatran checks mons like Tornadus-T, Magearna, Mega Mawile, and Kartana choice locked into Leaf Blade or Smart Strike. It sets up rocks, spreads status with Lava Plume and Toxic, and checks fairies. Standard Heatran.
1548167651151.png

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Poison]
Specs Keldeo is still a pretty good wallbreaker even though it isn't as good as it was in previous gens. Decent check to Weavile and Volcarona and breaks through Chansey. Hidden power poison hits Tapu Bulu. I put HP poison on it when Bulu was on every team, but might consider switching it to Icy Wind to hit Mega Latios, which is a huge threat to this team. However, Bulu is a stop to Mega Gyara so I kept HP poison.
1548167976781.png

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Defog
Rounding out the team, we have scarf koko. It outspeeds Ash-Gren and +2 Adamant Gyarados.It's pretty much my only answer to Hawlucha on this team so it needs to constantly be at 100% vs that mon. This is tricky however, since it's also the defogger on the team. HP Ice hits Lando and Garchomp on the switch. U-Turn for momentum.

Conclusion
So there's the team. It has tough matchups vs Volcarona, Hawlucha, and Mega Latios. It's also extremely weak to pretty much every single hazard and I kind of slapped defog onto scarf koko. This is definitely a team that would appreciate Spikes, but I don't really know how to incorporate that into the team. Mega Medicham is also a huge threat to this team (as it usually is) since Gyarados doesn't really like to switch into attacks and Fake Out does pretty heavy damage to most mons on the team. Suggestions appreciated.

Last edited:
You could use Greninja with spikes, he can do the same thing that Keldeo. Scarf Landorus can help you team, currently is the best scarf on the tier, and you team has no ground imunity beside Gyarados before mega. Scarf Greninja protean also is a option, has spikes and a great speed tier.

Two little set optimizations:

1. You are a real man running naughty nature on Kyurem.
Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 240 Atk / 212 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
This spread gives you 101 HP substitutes, improving your stall match-up a lot (Chansey needs two seismic toss to break them), and is still faster than timid Heatran.

2. Your defensive core consist of only Bulu and Heatran, this means that Bulu will have to switch into more threats than it is used to. Consider making it bulkier.
Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Protect
The speed investment isn't necessary since you have abundant offensive counterplay to Tyranitar. 56 Def helps against Mega-Swampert.

You really have problems with hazard control but I don't feel capable of suggesting major changes.
Or maybeeeee, maybe you could try specs Koko over Keldeo and add a scarf Lando https://pokepast.es/6bdc799a48ca468f.

I hope this was useful.
Bye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)