SM OU Icium Z Buzzwole Mega Bro Balance

Its my first rmt so bare with me please. The team started around Buzzwole and Mega Slowbro. It was a fun idea I had and I will give an analysis of the team briefly.

1546514658643.png

Big swole (Buzzwole) @ Icium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 176 Def / 20 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

I really love this buzzwole set and it was one I saw in a recent video of Pokeaimmd and as he said in the video buzzwole does a lot. On the torn or zapdos switchin it sneaks an ohko after rocks and those are pokemon that really stop buzzwole from running through teams. Another cool thing to note is that z freeze shock is doing no damage to it and that was funny to me and at plus one defense takes on mega mawile's play rough nicely.
252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Buzzwole: 240-283 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 40 Atk Buzzwole Drain Punch vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 138-163 (54.9 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

1546515309460.png

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
The next pokemon that came up was mega slowbro. Who is an insanely fat pokemon. I ran a mainly standard EV spread but I opted for Fire Blast over Ice beam to catch things such as kartana and mega scizor for ohkoes, ferrothorn after rocks, and celesteela for a garunteed 3hko after lefties.It also insanely lives a leaf blade from plus 2 kartana as long as rocks are up
+2 252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 362-428 (91.8 - 108.6% )

1546516114603.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 108 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
Again another standard set I know but gliscor is my stealth rocker. Toxic allows me to put certain things on the timer such as tangrowth, bulu, land-t, and zapdos which is always cool. jolly and 112 speed allows us to outspeed timid tran. The 44 def allows me the play rough sucker punch combo from mega mawile.

1546516831166.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
I love unaware clef. For many reasons but because its so bulky physically is the main reason. It avoids the 2hko from rock blast from mega heracross which is cool and z lando and chomp setting up and hitting their z moves and only doing like 60 is always hilarious.
1546517590110.png

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
Torn is my defogger I ran this particular EV spread to avoid the ko from ice punch mega medi. Torn is honestly my favorite defogger in the tier outside of zapdos
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 52 Def Tornadus-Therian: 308-364 (85 - 100.5%)

1546517995960.png

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 16 SpA / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes
My last mon is ferrothorn and hear me out lol. This ferrothorn can 1 v 1 kartana and its a really nice tech. It does big damage to mega scizor and can chip at other ferrothorns and skarms which is cool.

https://pokepast.es/2671a11eba621188

Attachments

Heya! Finie here, and I'd just like to say, I love your team. The only thing I'd recommend changing would be the MegaBro EV's; I don't see why the 44 speed is there; I'd recommend changing these speed EV's for SpDef ones as it makes MegaBro even bulkier. Furthermore, I think the best MegaBro sets run Calm Mind as a late game set up sweeper. I'd recommend replacing Fire Blast with Calm Mind as MegaBro's insane bulk allows him to be used as a decent wincon, and you already have Ferro to deal with Kart. Good luck with your team, and have fun! :)

Finie​

Last edited:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey there Lurue(uni) this looks like it's on its way to being a good team. There are some problems that I have with it, however.

I think that Tornadus-Therian, Ash-Greninja, set up Magearna and Mega Alakazam have a bit of an easy time against your team. Some other less common threats like Reuniclus also looks threatening.
Your only Greninja switch in is Ferrothorn without Leftovers, which doesn't even resist Dark Pulse, and can thus be exploited in the late game.
Chople Berry Ferrothorn is also your only Mega Zam check, which is not a switch in.

I made some changes to this team, however, that I think you may like.

I decided to get rid of Clefable. It does not reliably switch into Heracross like you mentioned and it . 252+ Atk Heracross-Mega Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 175-210 (44.4 - 53.2%) -- approx. 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I also decided to get rid of Ferrothorn, as I felt that we needed a stronger Greninja check.

I decided to replace them with Choice Band Tapu Bulu and Heart Swap Magearna sets:
Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap
- Heal Bell
- Flash Cannon

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Wood Hammer

Magearna allows you to defeat set-up Reuniclus and Magearna while also being able to switch into Alakazam and Tornadus (though it is not the best counter to the former, it is still better than what the team had before). Magearna also has Heal Bell, which means that Toxic Heatran can't put pressure on Slowbro.

Banded Bulu could be several different things. I went with this because Stone Edge doesn't let Charizard-Y switch in, it switches in on Ash-Greninja and gives you some nice offensive presence which can break for Buzzwole and vice-versa. It also supports Magearna by giving it extra recovery and removing its Earthquake weakness due to Grassy Terrain.

Alternative options include more bulky variants of Bulu to be able to give you a better time against Mega Alakazam, Choice Scarfed Tapu Bulu to be able to give the - otherwise slow - team some form of speed.
You could go with Gastrodon to be able to be more comfortable against Greninja, giving you some sort of counterplay to Volcarona (which you currently lack) and to act as a secondary Heatran answer. Things that beat Greninja that don't make the team auto-lose to Tapu Koko fit well here.

I hope you like my thoughts on this team. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to reply :)

Hey there Lurue(uni) this looks like it's on its way to being a good team. There are some problems that I have with it, however.

I think that Tornadus-Therian, Ash-Greninja, set up Magearna and Mega Alakazam have a bit of an easy time against your team. Some other less common threats like Reuniclus also looks threatening.
Your only Greninja switch in is Ferrothorn without Leftovers, which doesn't even resist Dark Pulse, and can thus be exploited in the late game.
Chople Berry Ferrothorn is also your only Mega Zam check, which is not a switch in.

I made some changes to this team, however, that I think you may like.

I decided to get rid of Clefable. It does not reliably switch into Heracross like you mentioned and it . 252+ Atk Heracross-Mega Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 175-210 (44.4 - 53.2%) -- approx. 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I also decided to get rid of Ferrothorn, as I felt that we needed a stronger Greninja check.

I decided to replace them with Choice Band Tapu Bulu and Heart Swap Magearna sets:
Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap
- Heal Bell
- Flash Cannon

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Wood Hammer

Magearna allows you to defeat set-up Reuniclus and Magearna while also being able to switch into Alakazam and Tornadus (though it is not the best counter to the former, it is still better than what the team had before). Magearna also has Heal Bell, which means that Toxic Heatran can't put pressure on Slowbro.

Banded Bulu could be several different things. I went with this because Stone Edge doesn't let Charizard-Y switch in, it switches in on Ash-Greninja and gives you some nice offensive presence which can break for Buzzwole and vice-versa. It also supports Magearna by giving it extra recovery and removing its Earthquake weakness due to Grassy Terrain.

Alternative options include more bulky variants of Bulu to be able to give you a better time against Mega Alakazam, Choice Scarfed Tapu Bulu to be able to give the - otherwise slow - team some form of speed.
You could go with Gastrodon to be able to be more comfortable against Greninja, giving you some sort of counterplay to Volcarona (which you currently lack) and to act as a secondary Heatran answer. Things that beat Greninja that don't make the team auto-lose to Tapu Koko fit well here.

I hope you like my thoughts on this team. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to reply :)
Thank you for your input I really appreciate it and yea I realized those were common threats to the team I’ll be sure to try the changes you suggested

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)