Social If you could tell your younger self something what would would it be?

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Save yourself 3 years of embarassment and take that course that you know you excel at vs what you dreamt to be

That being said, if that didnt happen I wouldnt be here. I dont know if thats a good or bad thing.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
I wouldn't say anything, because my past self was too much of a useless deadweight to change anything in his life, I know this because I'm in my current state I'm also too much of a useless deadweight to being able to change things in my life

I mean, there's a small thing here and there but not too much to be honest

I wouldn't say anything, because my past self was too much of a useless deadweight to change anything in his life, I know this because I'm in my current state I'm also too much of a useless deadweight to being able to change things in my life

I mean, there's a small thing here and there but not too much to be honest
I honestly feel that way too sometimes. I do find comfort thinking of my strengths and struggles I overcame in the past. I’m also beginning to accept the past as well (I’m still currently doing this so you aren’t alone). You can’t change then but you can change what happens ahead of time. Best of luck I wish you nothing but the best and hope you find success in whatever you chose to do. Also you aren’t useless everyone has a purpose sorry for sounding corny lol. All love though haha.

When you are 30, you are 20 years older than you were when you were 10. Most notably this means every adult you knew as a child is now 20 years older. They will age, they will continue to age, and they will all die right in front of you one by one. This will happen frighteningly quickly and it will not stop, until it takes you as well.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I would tell my younger self not to subscribe to JonTron. For those unaware, JonTron is a YouTuber and comedian. In 2017 he made ethno-state adjacent comments when he appeared sympathetic to white people losing their identity in the United States. If I could have told my younger self this he would have never been my favorite YouTuber and I would have had the chance to find someone else like Tobuscus be that person instead.

I don't like advice very much. In my opinion most people who ask advice really want emotional reassurance, and most people who give advice mostly want control and to bring the other person in line (and emotional reassurance). To avoid these pitfalls, I'd limit my advice to myself to stuff that was really specific and easy to execute. With that in mind, here's the advice I'd give my 15 year old self (so ten years ago):

1. Avoid [hobby you don't actually like]. I did it because my friends were doing it and because it looked good on my resume. I think there were other ways to make friends, and I don't think my resume needed the padding.
2. Spend more money. Specifically on things like clothing and belongings where I was trying to penny-pinch at all costs. Before I got a "real" job (aka a job where I could use it to pay for items instead of feeling like I had to save for my future), I would not buy clothes unless I absolutely needed them. But dressing in good looking clothing would've been worth more than it cost. Similarly for doing events like music festivals where I was always hesitant due to a financial cost that now looks like less than I would make in 1 week, but would've given me a memory/life experience that would've lasted years.
3. Pay attention to how hanging out with different people makes you feel. Specifically [one specific group of people] make you miserable every time you're around them even though you like them a lot and they like you a lot. Cut back on spending time with these people.
4. Be more ambitious when applying for college. I didn't know a) how good I looked to college's and b) how beneficial it is to go to a brand name college instead of just a "good" college. Not that I would've gotten in, necessarily, but I certainly should've tried.
5. Prioritize amazing things happening to you (travel, friendships, experiences) over being as successful as you can as fast as you can. Specifically, about half of the internships I did in college should've been travel or volunteering or "unique" experiences, instead.
6. Get a job straight out of college. It's actually much harder to get a job after you leave college cause you don't have quite as many resources (like a career center) and a lot of pipelines that are designed to scoop up new grads are no longer available to you.

In addition to that advice, I'd give a few "suggestions" for shit that I should definitely look into or consider even though it's not advice per se:

1. Travelling to low cost-of-living areas and living there for a while. You can live in Vietnam or Thailand, to name a few, for the same price you can live in America but you'll have your own apartment and eat at restaurants every meal, not to mention you'll experience different cultures and grow a lot as a person.
2. Read the book "Impro: Improvisation and the Theatre" by Keith Johnstone. For the person reading this post, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to you (unless you're an autistic person trying to learn social skills), but for my past self, it would put into words a lot of stuff that I was trying to describe and understand for several years.

"As sad/mad/frustrated you feel right now, this iron sharpening iron right now. Before you know it you may not 'have all the answers' but you'll become resilient enough to always find a way." or

"Love is easy to fall into and it's beautiful, but never settle unless it's mutual, save yourself a lot of heartache and time." lol.

"As sad/mad/frustrated you feel right now, this iron sharpening iron right now. Before you know it you may not 'have all the answers' but you'll become resilient enough to always find a way." or

"Love is easy to fall into and it's beautiful, but never settle unless it's mutual, save yourself a lot of heartache and time." lol.
Very well said

Golden Duke

Banned deucer.
I would say the thing that plays on my mind the most is the fact that I felt so unhappy from the age of 12 - 13 and I wish I would have spoken up about it. It was only when I went to college that I said something to my parents because I couldn’t cope anymore. I remember feeling bizarre but not necessarily depressed for as long as I can remember and I didn’t get diagnosed with autism until I was 22. I think earlier intervention might’ve prevented things from spiralling out of control; when I dropped out of college I found myself giving in to the anxiety more and more, to the point where I now do the bare minimum because the thought of doing anything makes me anxious.

Don't be a dumbass around other people. Don't break their boundaries, don't take advantage of them, and for the love of god don't be a fucking loser. You're gonna burn a ton of bridges if you keep it up, so you're gonna save your ass if you fix it while you're still young.

Don't trap yourself in habits that you know are gonna hurt you in the long run. Don't procrastinate in school, don't say up until 6 in the morning on your phone because there's no school tomorrow, and don't fuck around with anything you know you're not supposed to. I know it's doesn't seem like much in the moment, but it's gonna bite you in the ass one day and you're gonna wish you never even tried it.

Pursue music to the fullest and strive to be as good at it as possible. Study what made your heroes so great, listen to all the music you can get your hands on, practice and learn new songs whenever you can, and write lots and lots of music. You may not know it now, but you were born to do this, and everyone you love knows that you were born to do this. They're gonna break their backs to make sure that you can make a life out of this, so make them all proud and be incredible.

don't "break" your 3ds. actually, depending on how young, don't break your PSP, and don't break your brother's DSes. buy more eshop games. try and do better at math. stuff like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)