Social If you could tell your younger self something what would would it be?

don't "break" your 3ds. actually, depending on how young, don't break your PSP, and don't break your brother's DSes. buy more eshop games. try and do better at math. stuff like that.
Can I get more context on the breaking part?

Btw you can get used 2DS XLs relatively cheap, they are sturdy and homebrewing that fucker takes a couple of minutes. From there, you can get every eShop game ever releases. Personally I played the original Diablo on it

Can I get more context on the breaking part?

Btw you can get used 2DS XLs relatively cheap, they are sturdy and homebrewing that fucker takes a couple of minutes. From there, you can get every eShop game ever releases. Personally I played the original Diablo on it
Very well. To put it simply, I was a stupid kid. I don't recall breaking the DSes but I know I apparently broke them, the PSP I remember dropping multiple times, and I took the SD card out of the 3DS while playing, which permanently enabled write protection, even if there was no SD card. For the last bit, I'm still on the fence about adding homebrew.

I would have a lot of words for my younger self, and though they might not be common words of wisdom to everyone they'd be pretty life-changing to a younger me:

First, not all the doctors are right. Especially military doctors. And the medications they put you on can be ten times as hellish as the condition they claim to treat. I say this because I've had three different types of epilepsy throughout my life, and the medications some of the military doctors tricked me into getting on a long time ago are horrible things to be on. It's a complicated mess, and I'd be happy to talk about it at length if someone wants to chuck me a VM or smth so I don't derail this, but the TLDR of it is that I'll never be able to get off those meds, and trying to do so is... unadvisable at best.

Second, stop wasting other people's time and stop letting them waste yours. I know that's a bit harsh, but I used to be a lot more long-winded than I am now (which is saying something considering the length of this post). And I used to be like that irl, over actual voice. It was really, really bad, and most times it was just genuine interest in things that caused me to want to talk like crazy. I could (and probably still can) give an impromptu presentation on how math is actually useful in everyday life if you know how to apply it properly, or any other manner of really inconsequential things. I often wasted others' time in making those explanations, and in doing so I wasted my own time because all it did was take away from another person's day. All that time could've been spent doing something fun or productive, and I'll never get that likely hundreds of hours of my life back.

Third, stop being afraid of others' perception of you. I'm not the most self-confident type, even now, to the point I've had a smogon account for over a year and this is my second post. I used to want to be... normal, able to socialize like everyone else. And to a point I still do, but I've come to realize that while a social life is important there are plenty of other things I can do alone I find fulfilling. Case and point, spreadsheets. Numbers won't curse you out like a human will, won't bite back, won't judge you. And those skills can be valuable, and lead to new friends which helps with the social life (like through being able to arrange usage stats and data for a tournament). And all the time you spend worrying about others' perceptions of you is time you could have spent making those perceptions better, as opposed to being so afraid you refuse to approach others.

In other words, if I met my younger self, I'd sit him down, hand him a few sodas, and tell him "Make yourself at home, you're gonna be here a while"

Victory belongs to the most persevering - Napoleon Bonaparte

Success in anything requires you to keep pushing on and a lot of patience.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
I would tell myself to stop overthinking every little thing and just trust my instincts more! I would also tell myself to stop comparing myself to everyone else - yes I might struggle with every day tasks more than the average person but that’s a trade off for having a complex mathematical brain and synesthesia on crack.
Thank you ChatGPT

procrastinating is a truly dangerous curse and you should learn how to break out of it before it causes negative implications in your life.

oh yeah also learn how to communicate because in the real world there's gonna be a lot of that

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would tell myself quite a few things
1. Get a credit card right away and start building credit. Initially, I got a credit card not when I turned 18 because of my misconceptions about credit cards. I would tell myself how to maximize the rewards with my everyday spending.

2. Keep an eye on your weight. Recently I lost 60 pounds, and it was a massive transformation. I wish I had done it sooner; it has helped me immensely.

3. Work out every day. It helps maintain energy and makes you feel good.

4. Do not take what people say to heart. Focus on what you can do to fix the problem, not what others can do for you.

I would tell myself quite a few things
1. Get a credit card right away and start building credit. Initially, I got a credit card not when I turned 18 because of my misconceptions about credit cards. I would tell myself how to maximize the rewards with my everyday spending.

2. Keep an eye on your weight. Recently I lost 60 pounds, and it was a massive transformation. I wish I had done it sooner; it has helped me immensely.

3. Work out every day. It helps maintain energy and makes you feel good.

4. Do not take what people say to heart. Focus on what you can do to fix the problem, not what others can do for you.
Very well said. I’m glad you chose the healthier side of living too. I hope you keep prospering.

Pikmin 4 will not release in 2016, a year after Miyamoto said he is coming soon

Also, yes, you are a furry you dumbass stop denying it lmao

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
push yourself more. try harder, and don't be afraid to fail. self-motivation is something you should've worked on much sooner.

also, ironic racism isn't and was never funny, regardless of how kind a person you are. your future wife (yes, I still can't believe it either) is black, so start unlearning that shit.

Tell them. Tell them NOW. Tell them after the first day you understood nothing.

People will be very angry, yes. But at least you won't waste 20 years of your life.
A couple of my friends and I just discovered what you're referring to, and yeah, this is fucked beyond belief. I don't say this to make you feel worse than you already do, but if you can still tell the truth, do it, please.

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
this is a bit of a serious one
I'd tell myself that you need to find real friends in Lockdown, and that some people are going to use you as their online punching bag, so just remove all the contact you have with them. Would've alleviated a lot of regret to know that in advance, but I'm also happy to have had bad experiences. Since I've learned from them and all

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I'd probably tell myself to try and see the good in people, and don't take myself so serious. You will have plenty of time when you get older to take things VERY serious, but you're just a kid, try and have some fun. Enjoy it while you can when you're young and have more free time, because now it's tougher to find time to do those things you love and enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)