General Introduce yourself!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
How do I PM a mentor? I've doubtless seen explanations many times, but I still don't know. Cheers!
Ok, so just go here. You can click the "Profile" link, where you can do one of two things: post a message on their profile, or click their name again (next to one of their status posts), then click "Start A Conversation". From there, it's all about what you want help with! :)

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello Smogon Forums! I am a huge fan of pokemon and have been using Showdown for about 6 months before joining here. I am starting to become more and more competitive with my peak ladder rank at 1320, while i usually average at 1150-1250. As I'm becoming more competitive I was hoping that I could start to get to know some of the top dogs and learn from them as well as get to know them. I am 18 and have been playing pokemon since I was 3 (though not always fully understanding what was happening). I am in no way new to forums, I have been a prominent member of several forums, but none this big. I am looking forward to learning more about pokemon and it's top players!
Hi TheodoreSchmai!
1320 is not bad at all! :o Since you are familiar with forums already, the only thing I have to say is to ask questions if you have any. In addition, PM a mentor if you would like some help improving your competitive skills in Showdown. Lastly, find some sections of the forums you like here in Smogon and some rooms in Showdown, and try to get involved in them! Have fun!
Hello! I'm Sausy, 22 years old, and a casual competitive battler/breeder. While I've been here for exactly a year now, I never formally introduced myself. I've only acquainted myself with the Wifi Trading thread, and that's about it. I'd like to get involved more with other parts of the forum though. Currently working on completing my Dex, which I only have a few more legendaries to go on it!
Hey Sausy!
Seems like you already have a niche here in Smogon! Have fun finding some threads you like and good luck completing your Pokedex!
Hi, i'm Kayllanez new on the Smogon Boards . :)
I'm a casual player since my 4 years old, never taking seriously the strategy (for an idea i thought that Qwilfish was the Badass mon of the 2nd Gen which isn't false anyway :p )
I wander on Smogon since 4 years already and i've never dared to register until i discover the wonders of Pokemon Showdown :) !
Since that day i've never stop asking me how to progress on strategy and today I decided to throw myself into the huge bathroom of the Boards in order to improve my skills on Strategy ;) and battle competitively
I'm not merely interested on OU Tiers but on alls : UU, NU by passing by LC and even Uber i consider them all equals
I would like on the futyre to specify on one Tier but for now on everything would be fine
That's all thanks for reading me and see you on battle ;)
Cya ! :yoshi:

PS: I'm also a Console Player :)
Hello Kayllanez!
Welcome to Smogon! Before I came here, I didn't even know what EVs were. D: Smogon has helped me learn a lot about Pokemon, and I hope it will do the same for you! Visit the respective rooms of the tiers you like for a more in-depth discussion of them. Otherwise, have a great time battling in Showdown and posting in the forums! :)

Hey Guys, I'm a long time lurker, and competitive player for about a year now. I've been playing pokemon since the start, at a young age with my brothers. pokemon has always been a strong bond we all shared as a childhood, and got us through some tough times as a family (we all have bitching tatoos of the sprites from r/b! mines Gary since he's a G ofc.)

I'm really excited to dig deeper into this game, since ive only been playing for a year and i feel ive hit a wall that i need some guidance on how to really learn competitive. I primarily play OU, but id be interested in jumping in ubers, little cup, or any tier someone could convince me trying. Im a very passive play style, so stall teams, or hyper defense is where i like to play, and because im a primarily Showdown player, i enjoy mixing it up every-so-often.

A little more about me, i'm 20 years old, working a full time and a part time job. I'm a huge gamer, but i almost exclusively play competitive games (this excludes every side-scroller you can think of, because honestly im a sucker for those, and grindy MMORPGS, like WoW, maplestory, etc.) I'm very large in the "turn based" competitive games. I was a high level MTG player for almost 7 years till i finally quit because i couldn't afford to keep up. Im also a huge Hearthstone player, dedicating at least 4 hours a day to it (i'm gonna start streaming soon, once i get my own place). The onyl other game im hypoer into would be competitive melee. i rep the NEOH/PGH area, and am really "enchanted" by the depth and unique play that game brings.

Honestly, i'm just so excited to be here, get connected, and learn how to play with the big dogs!

Hello everyone, the name's Mei. I'm a new user here (and a noob, I warn you.)
I have joined a few weeks ago (I think. I even forgot when I joined!) but this is my first post on Smogon.
The only Pokemon games I've ever played are the Gen V games- White and Black 2 (Zekrom fan, ha!), which will probably be the last Pokemon game I played (not because I hate it, but due to... issues. Family issues, to be precise.)
I LOVE anime and manga. Being an otaku is what I pride on!
I recently started on Showdown, and I love battling there. My favourite tiers are LC, OU and Uber!
I am pretty shy, but I really like to talk. When I first read the forum posts I got scared. I thought I had no place. But this place is really nice for a starting post.
I'm still unused with Smogon and Showdown, so I was hoping if I could get some help. A "mentor", maybe? I don't know what to do!

So... please bear with me! :toast:

I have joined a few weeks ago (I think. I even forgot when I joined!) but this is my first post on Smogon.
The only Pokemon games I've ever played are the Gen V games- White and Black 2 (Zekrom fan, ha!), which will probably be the last Pokemon game I played (not because I hate it, but due to... issues. Family issues, to be precise.)
I recently started on Showdown, and I love battling there. My favourite tiers are LC, OU and Uber!
I am pretty shy, but I really like to talk. When I first read the forum posts I got scared. I thought I had no place. But this place is really nice for a starting post.
I'm still unused with Smogon and Showdown, so I was hoping if I could get some help. A "mentor", maybe? I don't know what to do!

Was that a toast?

Hi! I'm been playing Pokemon on and off for about two years, but I'm still a noob at competitive battling :P I'm trying to make an OU team, but I haven't perfected it yet.
I played Pokemon Ruby, Platinum, Black and Heartgold, but I'll never see my Pokemon again since my DS was given to my grandmother's friend ;_;
I used to battle on Pokemon Showdown with an Uber team during the early days of BW, peaking at around 1500.

Hope to see you on PS! :3

Hey, I'm Zahid (god, that makes it sound like I should be in AA or something).
I didn't realise I had this account and just started using it. I think I made it while I was at school. I've been playing competitively on and off since DPP, and I've used Smogon a few times I the past to help with team building, but this is the first time I've actually taken part in anything. I usually play OU, but I dabble in other tiers (mainly AG, UU and previous Generation OU) and I've started posting teams for ORAS OU.

Gotta ease up QueBien's workload a little...

Hey Guys, I'm a long time lurker, and competitive player for about a year now. I've been playing pokemon since the start, at a young age with my brothers. pokemon has always been a strong bond we all shared as a childhood, and got us through some tough times as a family (we all have bitching tatoos of the sprites from r/b! mines Gary since he's a G ofc.)

I'm really excited to dig deeper into this game, since ive only been playing for a year and i feel ive hit a wall that i need some guidance on how to really learn competitive. I primarily play OU, but id be interested in jumping in ubers, little cup, or any tier someone could convince me trying. Im a very passive play style, so stall teams, or hyper defense is where i like to play, and because im a primarily Showdown player, i enjoy mixing it up every-so-often.

A little more about me, i'm 20 years old, working a full time and a part time job. I'm a huge gamer, but i almost exclusively play competitive games (this excludes every side-scroller you can think of, because honestly im a sucker for those, and grindy MMORPGS, like WoW, maplestory, etc.) I'm very large in the "turn based" competitive games. I was a high level MTG player for almost 7 years till i finally quit because i couldn't afford to keep up. Im also a huge Hearthstone player, dedicating at least 4 hours a day to it (i'm gonna start streaming soon, once i get my own place). The onyl other game im hypoer into would be competitive melee. i rep the NEOH/PGH area, and am really "enchanted" by the depth and unique play that game brings.

Honestly, i'm just so excited to be here, get connected, and learn how to play with the big dogs!
Hey ZurRenKha! Cool to hear that you play stall; I wish I could, I just never have the patience :/ Looks like you've got a long history of competitive gaming, which is good; you'll fit in really well here. Let me know if you need help, but it seems like the best step for you right now would be to get a mentor or tutor to introduce you to the site.

Hi Mei. Nice blue font! Sorry about the issues you're going through. Here's a good post if you're looking for a mentor to contact for a specific forum: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...youre-lost-staff-inside.3503600/#post-5351054.

Hi! I'm been playing Pokemon on and off for about two years, but I'm still a noob at competitive battling :P I'm trying to make an OU team, but I haven't perfected it yet.
I played Pokemon Ruby, Platinum, Black and Heartgold, but I'll never see my Pokemon again since my DS was given to my grandmother's friend ;_;
I used to battle on Pokemon Showdown with an Uber team during the early days of BW, peaking at around 1500.

Hope to see you on PS! :3
Hello! Sorry to hear about your DS. That sounds really frustrating. Seems like you have some past experience with Ubers, though the metagame has changed significantly. If you need help, let me know or find someone from that above list. See you on PS!

Hey, I'm Zahid (god, that makes it sound like I should be in AA or something).
I didn't realise I had this account and just started using it. I think I made it while I was at school. I've been playing competitively on and off since DPP, and I've used Smogon a few times I the past to help with team building, but this is the first time I've actually taken part in anything. I usually play OU, but I dabble in other tiers (mainly AG, UU and previous Generation OU) and I've started posting teams for ORAS OU.
Hi Zahid. I think we got started on Smogon in similar ways. Hope you continue to have success in OU and any other tiers you decide to play! Just start a conversation with me if you need anything.

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hey hey, it's hellpowna here! im 19 yo, i'm from Naples(Italy) and my dream is coming to USA someday. I'm a football pro player..i joined smogon long time ago and honestly i really love being a Smogoner. Apart from Pokemon, smogon is a international site so you can find people from all over the world and i love so much talkin to people with different cultures and languages, you can learn a lot from them! The first time i joined smogon the only thing i was used to do was askin to some1 to play wifi lol. Then, i met many people here, and it changed something. The first person i met was Haunter(i always talk with him, everyday) an other Italian man like me and from Naples too! I always thank him for everything he did/will do for me, he's one of my bestfriend here. Then i met Taylor, my ex-tutor, my idol. Taylor has been the most important person i met here(in common with Haunter), he taught me everything about Pokemon, if i'm a good player now, i can just thank Taylor. I actually talk with Taylor via FB, we are a really good friend, i'll go to London soon, and i will meet him! Well, my best moments on Smogon are when i won 2 smogon tour'season, and the SPL! i met many people, i cant forget to nominate my SPL friends like Furai, GR8, Ditto, DracoMalfoy etc! I dont do so much for Smogon, but Smogon did so much for me, and i think it's time giving it what it gave me. I'm a tutor atm, but i wanna be more than a tutor, i wanna help Smogon to improve. my english isnt so good, but im improving my english abilities ç_ç
I met much more the people i mentioned, every people taught me a lot and i'll be always available for them, for everyone, because before playin Pokemon we are all humans, we are persone, we should help the people which have problems. Thank you Smogon. For everything.

Hey guys i'm Brago. I've been playing Pokemon since the early days of blue, red and yellow. I have every Pokemon game up to the most recent OR. I've never battled competitively but i recently lost to one of my friends in a friendly and my now i'm determined to be better and quite frankly dominate. I have a few Pokemon I've just started breeding but most of the lingo is pretty foreign to me. I need help! lls...

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey guys i'm Brago. I've been playing Pokemon since the early days of blue, red and yellow. I have every Pokemon game up to the most recent OR. I've never battled competitively but i recently lost to one of my friends in a friendly and my now i'm determined to be better and quite frankly dominate. I have a few Pokemon I've just started breeding but most of the lingo is pretty foreign to me. I need help! lls...
hey man welcome. if you need help you can give a look to b101. have fun, if u need helps ask me via mp http://www.smogon.com/tutor/

Hey everyone, I'm new here and new to competitive battling. I've been playing pokemon casually since red and blue, but I'm want to make it more fun by getting into competitive. I'm really not sure where to start exactly...but I know I need some help putting a team together and some tips on how to use it. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting better!

Hey everyone, I'm new here and new to competitive battling. I've been playing pokemon casually since red and blue, but I'm want to make it more fun by getting into competitive. I'm really not sure where to start exactly...but I know I need some help putting a team together and some tips on how to use it. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting better!
Hey we're in the same boat. I'm looking to get better as well.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, we are! All of this seems a bit daunting right now, I mostly need help with building teams, but I don't want to post something somewhere I'm not suppose to
Hi! If you need help building teams check out the resources provided in each tiers competitive discussion subforum, there are various helpful threads that guide you with teambuilding.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thank you! I'll try there, I already have an idea of what I want it centered around, but lost after that.
Do you know which tier you want to build in? That would make it easier for me to help. Anyways, if you want to chat some more about getting acquainted with the forums pm me.

Hey everyone, I'm Mewtwo!

I've been a long time pokemon fan and have played for a while on showdown's ladder but I think it's time to make an account. hello everyone :)

Hey everyone, I'm Mewtwo!

I've been a long time pokemon fan and have played for a while on showdown's ladder but I think it's time to make an account. hello everyone :)
Cool username! Can't believe that wasn't taken. Let me know if you need help.

edit: oh wait, if that's not just Mewtwo, what is it o.o

edit again: oh, capital mu, nice

Cool username! Can't believe that wasn't taken. Let me know if you need help.

edit: oh wait, if that's not just Mewtwo, what is it o.o

edit again: oh, capital mu, nice
yeah i used a capital mu, because it looks the exact same :)

I'm really just taken aback by how many different forums there are :O I guess I was just expecting like a forum for teams, and one for general discussion but there are like 20 others! Feeling pretty lost atm xP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)