IT'S 2:49 AM

I really hate myself right now.

I've got this window up and my essay due tomorrow in the other

I'm almost done but STILL.

I need some tips guys. Some tips on not procrastinating my ass off so much.

I know it's mainly about will and whatever etc but STILL there's gotta be a few tips out there to at least lessen this chronic issue. D:

I don't know about you but I just got done writing code for 13 hours straight and can't get to sleep. =P
Just do it, no one is going to motivate you except for yourself.
Maybe hitting rock bottom and flunking will get you to care some more.

It's a tough world out there.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
its 8:55am i'm still not even tired even having been clubbing

i have work in one hour. i feel your pain

one thing that usually stops me doing this is if the internet doesn't work and i can't be bothered to fix it. i've read up on stuff like this because i am really lazy myself and procrastinate as often as possible. the way to deal with stuff is to make procrastinating too hard! putting obstacles in the way of most things that you would like to do means you are more likely to choose a path which is easier but actually productive too.

procrastination is natural, all sane people do it. i actually wrote horrible essays when i wasn't procrastinating. it is quite early and i have to work in four hours. hooray for fragmented sentences. fuck, goodnight.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You usually can't just plow through an assignment from start to finish. So just work for 20 minutes, take 5 for yourself. 20 of work, 5 for you. Repeat until it's done.

I know what you are feeling. During my freshman year of college I didn't have much fun and studied studied. the result was a 3.81. Now I'm not studying and having tons of fun and I'm paying for it. Honestly, everyone always tells me the same thing. Find a balance.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Look at your schedule and simply take some of your available time and designate it "study time" or whatever. For me, I have to not only do this but actually move my ass over to the library where I have nothing else to do but either leave or get work done. Try finding a place where you are more compelled to study and force yourself to go there for however long you see fit even if it's only a half an hour. That half hour would still be more productive than your current half hours. I'm an avid procrastinator so I can vouch that this does help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)