Jcp's DDnite ftw

Hey guys, this is my first thread so... yeah lol.
The team isn't meant to set up for nite but I called it that because I couldn't think of a better name. I use 2 rules for my team, I don't use legendarys and I only use pokemon i like. I don't know a lot about where to put EVs and base stats so i just threw EVs on my preference. Its a mixture of 2 very fast pokemon, 2 slow pokemon and 2 just under reg speed, so i generally know who is going to move first.

The Team

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252atk/252spd/4def
Nature: Jolly +spd/-Satk
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
Sr and switch/suicide, Taunt to screw up certain set ups, usually has first move, great lead.

Dragonite @ Persim berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252atk/252spd/4Sdef
~Dragon Dance
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Fire Punch
Reason for choosing Dragonite because he is one of my favourites. He tanks ice beams from Swampert, Vaporeon and Suicune, and can 2hko with outrage. I chose Fire punch over Superpower because Sp is only really for t-tar, FP can do some damage to Scarmory, Fortress and that overused piece of crap Scizor.

Jolteon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252Satk/252spd/4Sdef
Nature: Timid +spd/-atk
~Thunderbolt
~Shadowball
~Roar
~T-Wave
My own little moveset here. T-bolt can be deadly, it does more than 75% hp to Infernape and Scizor. I chose Shadowball over HP because of its power, I have decent type coverage with others. Roar kills its speed but its needed at times, and with Focus Sash it can take a hit first. T-Wave helps a lot. It slows Pokemon down which allows Slowbro and Snorlax to go first (usually).

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Imunity
EVs: 252atk/252hp/4def
Nature: Adamant +atk/-Satk
~Belly Drum*
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
~Body Slam
Belly Drum srsly? Yeah, I'm thinking of changing it to Fire Punch (I might try Brave Nature with Fire Blast) or Rest, but it does come in handy against bulky special atkers like Zapdos, Blissey and Suicune. Ice punch to screw Salamence, Eq for T-tar, Metagross, etc and Body Slam for STAB and 30% paralyze. Snorlax can be a bitch to kill sometimes. Immuntiy makes a 4th counter for toxic spikes, and then gives blissey no hope.

Slowbro @ leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252Satk/106hp/150def
Nature: Bold +def/-atk / Modest +Satk/-atk
~Slack Off
~Surf
~Flamethrower/Fire Blast
~Ice Beam
Slowbro is a tank, and its versatile. I tried Calm Mind instead of Flamethrower and Ice Beam, but it didn't work out to well. Slack Off to stall for a bit, Surf for Stab and Ice Beam for Dragons. Flamethrower often catches people off guard. It screws SD scizors and can surprise you on your switch. Also the best counter for Machamp.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252atk/252spd/4hp
~Seed Bomb
~Spore
~Focus Punch
~Substitute
Breloom Spores and Subs on the switch. Only problem is any1 who resists Fighting and Grass, still getting a focus punch in does some decent damage.
Breloom has saved me many times.

I have a few threats I've noticed.

Lucario is a pain. Especially if it carries Ice punch and SD.
Mamoswine takes out most of my team.
However, Slowbro can take 2 Crunches and still be alive (unless Life Orbed) from Lucario and tanks EQ from Mamoswine. Dragonite DDed takes down Lucario and T-Tar ( I think) But dies from Mamoswines Ice Shard. Snorlax can take a 2nd hit from Mamo and T-tar and deal some damage with Eq/Body Slam, then I should be able to finish T-tar with Breloom and Mamo with Slowbro (Not sure if loom can take an Ice Shard).

Ty for reading, I'm open to advice

Well, I don't really have enough time for a full rate, but I would drop the Focus Sash on Jolteon and put on Leftovers, almost everyone will use SR, effectively breaking the Sash, so it becomes useless. I guess you could also use a Shuca Berry if ya want, but I would go Lefties >>> Sash.

EDIT: K, so I lied, I do have enough time for a better rate, I should learn how to read a clock =)

Anywho, on Snorlax:

Run this 4 2 be more effective:
Snorlax @ Leftovers
168HP/120Def/220SpD
Careful Nature
Trait: Thick Fat
-Curse
-Rest
-Crunch
-Fire Punch/Earthquake (Up to you, I would run EQ since 2/3 of your threats are weak to it, but 2/3 of them are weak to FP so its your call)

Basically, this guy rapes. Its one of my alltime favorite sets and makes a great late game cleaner upper. Basically, curse like mad, then when you get within danger of dying range, use rest, you should be able to shrug off any attacks for the two turns your asleep. Curse one or two more times after waking up, rest, then you are invincible, spam Crunch and FP/EQ until death of enemies. After 3 Curses, it survives a CC from a +2 lucario, after 1 curse it survives a CC from a non boosted lucario.

On Slowbro, drop Fireblast/Flamethrower for Thunder Wave, paralysis is your best friend on balanced teams.

I would also reccomend Timid (+Spe/-Atk) nature on Jolteon, to outspeed +1DD Gyara with 252Spe EVs.

tl;dr in bold.

Well i don't have time for a full rate because my brother is jelling at me that he wants the computer but i can ask one thing, you are running a bulky Jolteon with a defensive moveset so why then 252/252 offensive spread?

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't have time for a proper rate (in other words I'm too lazy), but that Dragonite set is entirely outclassed by Salamence, who is faster and more powerful, and has intimidate. In order to use your favourite Dragonite effectively, you need to run a more Bulky set, or take advantage of his priority move: Extremespeed. I would also recommend Lum berry over Persim berry, since Sleep, Burn and Paralysis are much more crippling than confusion, which is dealt with by switching. I would suggest a spread of 224 hp, (takes less SR damage than max) 200 speed (beats ScarfTar at +1 as well as base 115s) with the rest in attack and an adamant nature, with Roost over Fire Punch.

You mentioned a weakness to Lucario (your Slowbro is often OHKOd at +2 btw with LO, the standard), and Dragonite will benefit from the removal of steels, so I suggest a Scarf Magnezone over Jolteon. The set is usually Hp Fire, Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Expolsion,with a naive nature and 4hp 252spatk 252spe.

As Chernobyl says, you need to change Snorlax. That set only really works in Trick Room. You want earthquake by the way so you can counter dragon dance tyranitar.

Good luck

I think that you should definately switch your Dragonite set because like jc104 said, Salamance COMPLETELY outclasses it with the same set becuase of it's higher speed and attack. Instead, use Dragonite with things that set it apart from Salamance, like Extremespeed, its superior movepool, and defensive capabilities. Dragonite has Superpower, Ice Beam, Extrememspeed, Heal Bell, Aqua Tail, and Focus Punch.
Thunderwave isn't that useful on Jolteon since it is usually faster than the opponent, unless you are providing more support for your teamates.

K thnx guys for your help, ill change snorlax.

However T-wave on Jolteon im going to need, he supports snorlax and slowbro with it.
@Ontop, Jolteon, Jolteon can hardly take a hit anyway
And I dislike Salamence, therefore i will not use him. I like dragonites defences.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
And I dislike Salamence, therefore i will not use him. I like dragonites defences
We were not suggesting using Salamence, rather taking advantage of Dragonite's strengths. To take advantge of the better defences, you need to run a bulky spread, such as the one I mentioned above. Here it is for clarity:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry/leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 224hp 84atk 200spe
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Roost

Lum berry goes with Outrage, leftovers with Dragon Claw. EVs outspeed scarftar and base 115s after a DD, and provide maximum bulk without taking too much SR damage and wihtout compromising your attack too much. Since this set cannot break through Skarmory/Bronzong/Forretress, support from Magnezone is recommended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)