big boss (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 80 HP / 220 Atk / 208 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Rest

basically for early sweeping if there's no fairy on the opposing team. otherwise, just there to take damage until power construct activates.

jeff (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 108 HP / 120 SpA / 108 SpD / 172 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Dark Pulse
- Phantom Force
- Energy Ball

jeff is here for all the other marshadows and calyrexes people seem to have, and to deal with groudons and kyogres.

Toxapex @ Poison Barb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 88 HP / 84 Def / 252 SpA / 84 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Baneful Bunker
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic

i always either start off with this guy or my zygarde, just to set up toxic spikes and poison the threats. also here because i don't have anyone else to deal with fairies.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 236 SpA / 240 SpD / 28 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

here for kyogres, and all those meta eternatus teams some people seem to have.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 12 HP / 32 Atk / 240 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Trick
- Disable
- Destiny Bond
- Fire Punch

i originally didn't even plan to use gengar, but now its like my trump card for the calm mind users because i can just trick and disable with the choice scarf, and then destiny bond for those extra speedy ones.

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 144 HP / 8 Atk / 100 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Close Combat
- Endeavor
- Spectral Thief
- Knock Off

i thought i needed at least one pokemon with a fighting move, so i put marshadow. endeavor doesn't quite work most of the time, but it does come in handy when its the last pokemon standing. and with the most speed i could put on it, i had spectral thief to steal positive stat changes.

Garrett

Banned deucer.
1619462662348.png
Manaphy

Someone else I know wanted to rate this so all I'll note is that the main threats of the tier are Zacian-H, Calyrex-S, and Kyogre. You will need to introduce checks to all 3 of these on your team to meet your ladder goals.

Also, I am unsure where you are getting your EV spreads from. Definitely try to learn about speed benchmarks and the damage calculator (https://calc.pokemonshowdown.com/index.html) to optimize your stat distribution.

View attachment 335810Manaphy

Someone else I know wanted to rate this so all I'll note is that the main threats of the tier are Zacian-H, Calyrex-S, and Kyogre. You will need to introduce checks to all 3 of these on your team to meet your ladder goals.

Also, I am unsure where you are getting your EV spreads from. Definitely try to learn about speed benchmarks and the damage calculator (https://calc.pokemonshowdown.com/index.html) to optimize your stat distribution.
ah yes i didn't mention it in the post, i started playing showdown last week. I don't know anything about speed benchmarks, or how to use the dmg calculator.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, as BasedWhat explained above, the team has quite a few fundamental issues about it, with the selection of the sets and also some pokemon. You're lacking a reliable check to Calyrex-S, Zacian, and Kyogre, 3 things pretty much every team needs. There are a few major changes I think are required to cover for this, so I'll touch on those first.

Major Changes:
:gengar: --> :yveltal:
Gengar is just unviable in the meta, carving out 0 niche over the other offensive Ghost-types and not even being good partners with them as there's always gonna be better options. Instead of that, putting an Yveltal on the team will help so much. It's the best Calyrex-S answer and the speed with Foul Play helps the Groudon MU, so it's perfect here and on most teams.
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

:marshadow: --> :necrozma-dusk-mane:
This Marshadow set doesn't make any sense, with the evs all over the place and the Rash Nature boosting special attack while it has no special attacks. Focus Sash Marshadow is also one of its worst sets that's commonly used fsr, since it doesn't beat anything with any chip and can't counter anything due to the reliance on sash. With Zacian being the other issue I mentioned, Necrozma-DM is a better fit here. It soft checks Xerneas and Zekrom and checks Zacian while providing Stealth Rock, making it a super valuable pick here.
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock

:toxapex: --> :blissey: OR :toxapex: Set Change
I think when played right Toxapex actually has potential to work on the team with a different unconventional set, but otherwise Blissey fulfills the role of special wall and Kyogre check better. To keep the original core of the team in tact pex can definitely stay, but if Kyogre starts to be a larger problem then switching to Blissey might be the play, so I'll leave it as optional but I recommend at least trying out the Toxapex here to keep the original team alive more.
Toxapex @ Utility Umbrella
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes / Knock Off
Blissey (F) @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave / Toxic / Ice Beam
- Confide
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Minor Changes:
:calyrex-shadow:
Set change
jeff (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Aromatherapy
The current set you have doesn't really accomplish anything, with Dark Pulse being useless coverage compared to Astral Barrage and Phantom Force just being bad from its low physical attack. The standard scarf set lets you revenge kill a lot of things and strengthens the webs mu, so I think it's much better.

:xerneas:
Set change
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Substitute
Similar thing as above, but Xerneas should run a different ev spread and moves. This is the standard Substitute Geomancy set and it functions better overall with more power from Modest Nature and Thunder.

Updated RMT With Toxapex (pokepast.es)
Updated RMT With Blissey (pokepast.es)
Here are the 2 versions depending on which you like, I hope the changes work for getting you higher on the ladder! The team had some decent offensive capabilities with Calyrex-S, a cool Zygarde set, and Xerneas, but fell off near the end as it didn't cover for anything it needed to defensively. With the changes proposed I think the main threats are covered a lot better, and it should function a lot better for the meta also.

Last edited:
Hi, as BasedWhat explained above, the team has quite a few fundamental issues about it, with the selection of the sets and also some pokemon. You're lacking a reliable check to Calyrex-S, Zacian, and Kyogre, 3 things pretty much every team needs. There are a few major changes I think are required to cover for this, so I'll touch on those first.

Major Changes:
:gengar: --> :yveltal:
Gengar is just unviable in the meta, carving out 0 niche over the other offensive Ghost-types and not even being good partners with them as there's always gonna be better options. Instead of that, putting an Yveltal on the team will help so much. It's the best Calyrex-S answer and the speed with Foul Play helps the Groudon MU, so it's perfect here and on most teams.
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

:marshadow: --> :necrozma-dusk-mane:
This Marshadow set doesn't make any sense, with the evs all over the place and the Rash Nature boosting special attack while it has no special attacks. Focus Sash Marshadow is also one of its worst sets that's commonly used fsr, since it doesn't beat anything with any chip and can't counter anything due to the reliance on sash. With Zacian being the other issue I mentioned, Necrozma-DM is a better fit here. It soft checks Xerneas and Zekrom and checks Zacian while providing Stealth Rock, making it a super valuable pick here.
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock

:toxapex: --> :blissey: OR :toxapex: Set Change
I think when played right Toxapex actually has potential to work on the team with a different unconventional set, but otherwise Blissey fulfills the role of special wall and Kyogre check better. To keep the original core of the team in tact pex can definitely stay, but if Kyogre starts to be a larger problem then switching to Blissey might be the play, so I'll leave it as optional but I recommend at least trying out the Toxapex here to keep the original team alive more.
Toxapex @ Utility Umbrella
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes / Knock Off
Blissey (F) @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave / Toxic / Ice Beam
- Confide
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Minor Changes:
:calyrex-shadow:
Set change
jeff (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Aromatherapy
The current set you have doesn't really accomplish anything, with Dark Pulse being useless coverage compared to Astral Barrage and Phantom Force just being bad from its low physical attack. The standard scarf set lets you revenge kill a lot of things and strengthens the webs mu, so I think it's much better.

:xerneas:
Set change
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Substitute
Similar thing as above, but Xerneas should run a different ev spread and moves. This is the standard Substitute Geomancy set and it functions better overall with more power from Modest Nature and Thunder.

Updated RMT With Toxapex (pokepast.es)
Updated RMT With Blissey (pokepast.es)
Here are the 2 versions depending on which you like, I hope the changes work for getting you higher on the ladder! The team had some decent offensive capabilities with Calyrex-S, a cool Zygarde set, and Xerneas, but fell off near the end as it didn't cover for anything it needed to defensively. With the changes proposed I think the main threats are covered a lot better, and it should function a lot better for the meta also.
your team worked wonders for me, so im using it. but i also want it to be at least a bit original, so i made a few changes. currently switching between the team you gave and the team i changed.

https://pokepast.es/42db9d32f8debd85

FatFighter2

zacian waifu :flushed:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
your team worked wonders for me, so im using it. but i also want it to be at least a bit original, so i made a few changes. currently switching between the team you gave and the team i changed.

https://pokepast.es/42db9d32f8debd85
just want to note that I would not recommend a few of those changes you made

I would keep scald on pex > surf, surf has slightly more bp but pex is super weak anyways, so the burn chance is far more important and valuable to cripple and annoy

Also, Yveltal >>> Cloyster, or else you lose to Calyrex-S. Almost every ubers balance team has Yveltal for this very reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)