SM Ubers Looking at my ubers team and...

How did my team look?

• Decent, a few holes.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • All over the place. Needs improvement.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Didn't look too bad, just 1 or 2 things...

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • It's fine, why you asking for help lol

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Tomb

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Gengar (F) @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

^ My team;;

I see this team more as balanced, and that's kinda my battle style. I know the rules say to be descriptive, but I'm just don't know what to say about this team,

Ferrothorn I see as the tank/stall of my team, I usually send it out first. As soon as I see fire I run LOL, switch to somebody more bulky like Kyogre.

Primal Groudon and Kyogre I see as the heavy hitters, and they are also pretty bulky. So whenever it's not safe out there, I switch to them. Although p-don can be very annoying to Kyogre with Sunny day. :(

Gengar and Groundceus are the special attackers, although Gengar I usually just wash away with Destiny bond and just bring them down with me... but he's good for taking out possibly fairy and psychic threats.

Last but not least, Xerneas. Xerneas usually Geomancy and then sweeps, and the thunder helps a lot.

--Please let me know what I can do to improve my team, I'm willing to take /any/ suggestions from anybody. I'm trying to get back on track with competitive battling. c: Thank you so much! <3

Last edited:

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Yeah just a heads up, there's a certain formula that you have to use when posting RMTs. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-rules-guidelines-must-read-before-posting-an-rmt.3584611/ This thread is likely to get locked, but you do have a chance to edit it so it meets the criteria.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Tomb

Explain why you placed this mon on the team, why you used that set and what it does for the team etc here

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Explain why you placed this mon on the team, why you used that set and what it does for the team etc here

Gengar (F) @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

idk if it's mandatory, but here is where you state possible threats to the team and then have some sort of conclusion.

Yeah just a heads up, there's a certain formula that you have to use when posting RMTs. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-rules-guidelines-must-read-before-posting-an-rmt.3584611/ This thread is likely to get locked, but you do have a chance to edit it so it meets the criteria.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Tomb

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Gengar (F) @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

idk if it's mandatory, but here is where you state possible threats to the team and then have some sort of conclusion.
I fixed it . My bad.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Your team looks weak to Mega Lucario. It can force a Mon out, get a boost and proceed to 6-0 this. Thus, I would recommend a spread of 192 Speed EVs / 252 HP / 64 Def with a Timid nature on Groundceus. It let's it outspeed a Mega Lucario and proceed to kill it. The 64 defense lets it live a Double Edge from Mence.

No Defog?
Shuckle / Smeargle + Lucario or Marsh is game. Vs hazards control etc.
Chople Berry Ferrothorn by Leftovers good option.

No Defog?
Shuckle / Smeargle + Lucario or Marsh is game. Vs hazards control etc.
Chople Berry Ferrothorn by Leftovers good option.
I agree with this completely, defog/rapid spin in some form would be EXTREMELY useful for your team, as it prevents sweeps from happening. either use it instead of toxic on arceus or use something other than gengar. The reason for this is that you have enough offence as it is with kyogre and groudon AND xerneas. Another bulkier pokemon can't hurt. The only suggestion I can really give for a replacement would be giratina, since it gives you defog and a hard wall. If you really want you could run a bulkier origin forme set.

I agree with this completely, defog/rapid spin in some form would be EXTREMELY useful for your team, as it prevents sweeps from happening. either use it instead of toxic on arceus or use something other than gengar. The reason for this is that you have enough offence as it is with kyogre and groudon AND xerneas. Another bulkier pokemon can't hurt. The only suggestion I can really give for a replacement would be giratina, since it gives you defog and a hard wall. If you really want you could run a bulkier origin forme set.
Alright, I replaced toxic with defog. Thank you for the suggestion!

Your team looks weak to Mega Lucario. It can force a Mon out, get a boost and proceed to 6-0 this. Thus, I would recommend a spread of 192 Speed EVs / 252 HP / 64 Def with a Timid nature on Groundceus. It let's it outspeed a Mega Lucario and proceed to kill it. The 64 defense lets it live a Double Edge from Mence.
Alright, thank you for the suggestion! I'll update my team right now. But can't I just pull out Xerneas on Mega Lucario? Geomancy + Moonblast? -

Alright, thank you for the suggestion! I'll update my team right now. But can't I just pull out Xerneas on Mega Lucario? Geomancy + Moonblast? -
Assuming you switch in Xerneas on the turn Mega lucario sets up, you're not gonna do much

+2 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 396-468 (96.3 - 113.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
For starters I would switch Kyogre to the phys def set since the CM set is really only useful on webs or teams that give it a LOT of support

Looking at your description it doesn't seem like you know a whole lot about the tier or even teambuilding in general. I suggest reading more about the mons you have on the Smogdex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)