LordliOffense: Final Revision

Hello everyone. Recently, I've began using my LordliOffense team again, as it has been very successful for me in the past. I've made a few major changes over the past few weeks and tried them out, and they've made for a very hard to beat team. The team itself sports some very useful qualities, including nobody being weak to Toxic Spikes (excluding my lead) and having a reliable switch-in to nearly every Pokemon. This team sports amazing offensive and defensive pressure and has performed very well against both the ladder and some better players. So, without further ado I'd like to present
LordliOffense: Final Revision.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf / Roar

Swampert starts the team off by supplying Stealth Rock, something very valuble for my team. While Pert is generally just used at the beginning to get Bulky Rocks off, mine is used later in the game for his amazing typing and ability to stop certain threats that otherwise run over my team, including Tyranitar. Roar is currently being ran over Surf because nothing expects it on MixPert, and really helps me wear down stall. Earthquake and Ice Beam are just there for coverage and hitting Heatran and Salamence respectively.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Latias is an amazing monster to have on this team, as her amazing typing allows her to switch into Electric, Ground, Fighting, Psychic, Grass, Water and Fire attacks aimed at my team, and check certain threats that would normally supply my team a problem, like Infernape. While I previously had RaikouLover's Psycho Shift Latias in this spot, I discovered that the set had become old and outdated, so I switched to the powerful LO set. Draco Meteor Surf and Thunderbolt give me great neutral coverage, and hit a majority of the OU metagame super-effectively.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Sp.Atk / 4 HP
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt

Heatran has lived through every revision of this team, changing sets every time. While my team previously had trouble with Stall while this was a SubTran, the change of sets quickly changed that. Taunt Heatran can weaken enemy stall teams enough so that DD Gyarados can finish them off later in the game. Dragon Pulse is chosen over Hidden Power Grass so I can hit Latias, Dragonite and Salamence, both of whom might try to get free setup on me.
While Heatran serves as an efficent offensive threat, he also provides a fair amount of glue for my team. His amazing typing allow him to switch into a fair amount of things, including Scizor and Rotom.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Gyarados, in my opinion, is Overused's best setup sweeper. By using a combination of great typing and threatening prescence, Gyarados should find no problem getting 1 or 2 Dragon Dances in. Life Orb is chosen over Leftovers for that extra little bit of oomph, especially so that I can 2HKO Celebi with Ice Fang after Leftover damage. This Gyarados is an amazing powerhouse, but at the same time acts as backup checks to some threatening Pokemon, including Heatran and Lucario. Waterfall and Earthquake are used as my primary attacking moves, and give generally good coverage.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor's red face is shown in nearly every team nowadays, and there's nothing to say about him that hasn't been said already. Scizor scouts early game with U-Turn, and sweeps late game with Bullet Punch. Superpower and Pursuit are there for specific reasons. Superpower is for Snorlax, Blissey and Tyranitar who all give my team problems (especially Tyranitar) and Pursuit is used to kill fleeing Ghost types and Latias. Scizor's typing also grants him a spot on my team, giving me a 2nd Steel type.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Sp.Atk / 4 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

Rotom, one of the most common Choice Scarvers has found his way onto my team with a combination of amazing typing and good offensive movepool. This Rotom acts as a primary check to some of the metagame's top threats, including Gyarados, Lucario, Metagross and Electivire. Rotom also has a generally easy time switching into things, sporting immunities to Ground, Fighting and Normal. Trick is there to cripple Blissey switch-ins, and a Scarf is pretty much useless against stall.

hello

I faced this team and I lost big time, even though you had the haxgods against you.

Not really much I can say about the team though. Except for maybe that you could go with Stone Edge over Ice Fang on Gyarados to cover both Salamence and opposing Gyarados.

Why Rotom-h? You could switch it to Rotom-C since you have no real Swampert counter. With the same moveset, except for Leaf Storm over Overheat.

I hope I helped!

Thanks for the comment.

Stone Edge is also a good option, I just like hitting Celebi, I might change it later. Also, teams don't need a counter to Swampert. You just have to keep pelting it with strong attacks to kill it, and I have plenty of strong attacks. Overheat is really useful, as it allows you to OHKO Lucario, something Rotom-C cannot do.

I reccomend using a different spread for Rotom, a bulkier one.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid

216 HP / 252 Spe / 40 SpA

Same Moves

This will help you vs Lucario, Scizor, and Gyarados.

Sorry for the short response but I gtg

That Rotom is pretty pointless to have, as my Rotom will pretty much only be coming in on immune hits. It doesn't really help any more against those 3 except be able to take their hits better, and I'm only coming in on predicted setup.

This team is really solid, and I'm really having a hard time finding any shortcomings of the team that can be better fixed in the team builder as opposed to just proper execution in the actual battle.

But since that's completely unhelpful to you, here are some things I did notice that might help a bit. First off, outside of Swampert you are really weak to DDTar, which can easily secure a Dragon Dance against your Scarf Rotom if its already moved or lost its Scarf, as well as Latias after a Draco Meteor. I would recommend Protect on Swampert, so that you don't end up losing it to Explosion or random HP Grass / Grass Knot shenanigans, as well as getting much needed recovery.

Next, I'm not following how Taunt on your Heatran helps against stall. I guess it beats mono attacking Latias and like Porygon2 (ahahaha P2), but you're still losing to Blissey. I would go with Toxic, mainly to hit Vaporeon who would otherwise stop Gyarados cold (and it hits P2 as well!). Or just use Explosion.

Finally Latias. I think a supporting Latias might benefit your team more than Life Orb. Against stall, it just gets walled by Blissey Against offensive... well i guess it does a good job of baiting and softening up Steels, but that doesn't seem to be much of a problem for your team. I think that Wishpassing to your Leftovers-lacking teammates would be a major benefit against defensive teams, and setting up Reflect can really foil offensive teams as well.

Proposed Set:

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Spe / 80 Def
- Wish
- Reflect
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Protect
- Dragon Pulse

I would HP Fire because letting Skarmory or Forretress get a free layer on you sucks ass, and I guess it also punishes Scizor, but getting one-turn recovery with Protect will probably save its ass a lot.

Anyways great team, seems to be that the most improvement comes from just in-battle performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)