move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: Close Combat
move 4: Accelerock / Crunch
item: Life Orb
ability: Sand Rush
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Lycanroc's great Attack and Speed alongside Swords Dance and a great movepool make it a dangerous sweeper and wallbreaker. Accelerock is used to revenge kill Salazzle and pick off weakened faster targets such as Choice Scarf Gardevoir, Inteleon, and Barraskewda, as well as making it harder to be revenge killed after setting up. Crunch is an option to hit Golurk and Claydol while also ensuring an OHKO on Bronzong at +2. While Swords Dance is usually better to punish its switch-ins and pressure slower teams, Lycanroc can use a set with all attacks with Choice Band as an option instead, although Life Orb is still preferred, as it gives Lycanroc the ability to switch its moves. Jolly is the best nature, as it allows Lycanroc to outspeed Virizion and Heliolisk and Speed tie with Espeon and Tauros. Adamant is an option if used alongside sand, as the extra Attack allows it to always OHKO Rhyperior and Vaporeon and OHKO Steelix most of the time after Stealth Rock damage when at +2. Sand Rush is used even if not paired with Gigalith, as Lycanroc can benefit from opposing sand teams and revenge kill their sweepers.

Gigalith is a great teammate, as it can set Stealth Rock and sand for Lycanroc, allowing it to serve as speed control and be a more threatening wallbreaker. Sandslash is a great addition if sand is used, as it also has access to Sand Rush and Swords Dance and can help weaken Lycanroc's checks for it to sweep, or vice versa. Other wallbreakers such as Toxicroak, Virizion, and Bewear can do that too while also helping check Water- and Steel-type Pokemon that give it trouble. The likes of Vileplume, Heliolisk, and Dragalge can help Lycanroc against Water-types, while Centiskorch and Seismitoad can help it against Steel-types, both types that are very troublesome for Lycanroc. Galarian Slowbro can pivot into offensive Pokemon that give Lycanroc trouble such as Choice Scarf Gardevoir and Passimian, as well as setting up with Calm Mind on Pokemon that Lycanroc struggles with such as Steelix without Earthquake. Entry hazard support helps Lycanroc wear down its checks throughout the match, making Spikes setters such as Klefki and Golisopod good options. If Gigalith isn't used, Steelix and Bronzong can be used as Stealth Rock setters. Bronzong in particular can also help with checking Ground-types and baiting in Fire-types for Lycanroc while not stacking weaknesses with it like most options do. Lycanroc hates switching into entry hazards, as Sticky Web cripples its Speed and other entry hazards wear it down very quickly alongside Life Orb recoil. Therefore, Pokemon that can remove or block entry hazards such as Mantine, Dhelmise, and Xatu are good options that also can switch into Fighting-type attacks for Lycanroc.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Natan, 321109]]
- Quality checked by: [[phantom, 180300], [Juno, 444224]]
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659]]

Last edited:
hello, friendly am check here, implement what you want. comments in blue.

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance

[SET COMMENTS]
Lycanroc's great attack and Speed alongside Swords Dance and a great movepool make it a dangerous sweeper and wallbreaker. (think that cc should be explained here - what it hits etc.) Accelerock is used to revenge kill Salazzle and pick off weakened faster targets such as Scarf Gardevoir, Inteleon and Barraskewda, as well as to make it harder to be revenge killed after setting up. Crunch is an option to hit Golurk and Claydol while also ensuring a OHKO on Bronzong at +2. It can use all the attacks without Swords Dance with Choice Band being an option over Life Orb, however the ability to increase its attacks to better punish its switch-ins and pressure slower teams, as well as being able to switch its moves is usually preferred. Jolly is the best nature as it allows Lycanroc to outspeed Virizion and Heliolisk and speedtie with Espeon and Tauros, Adamant is an option if used alongside sand as the extra Attack allows it to OHKO Rhyperior and Vaporeon always, and Steelix most of the time at +2 after Stealth Rock damage. However Jolly can still be used to outspeed Virizion outside of sand. Sand Rush is used even if not paired with Gigalith as you can benefit from opposing sand teams and revenge kill opposing sand sweepers.

maybe psychic fangs could be at least mentioned somewhere in here? you ohko viriz without a boost with minimal chip, and more importantly, demolish toxicroak. dog has enough 4MSS as it is so you could probably mention how its generally more inconsistent than other options. could also go off the cb mention and say that psyfangs is better on that set.

Gigalith is a great teammate as it can use Stealth Rock and set sand for Lycanroc, allowing it to serve as a speed control and be a more threatening wallbreaker. Sandslash is a great addition if sand is used as it also has access to Sand Rush and Swords Dance. what does sandslash do for lycanroc and what does lycanroc do in exchange? Other wallbreakers such as Toxicroak, Virizion, and Bewear can help weaken Lycanroc's checks for it to sweep or vice-versa while also helping check Water- and Steel-type Pokemon that give it trouble. this also applies to the next sentence but i wouldn't imply that steels are that troublesome to lycanroc. steelix and raj get easily blown up by cc, bronzong takes 80 min from +2 cc and that's not even mentioning if you're running crunch, and escav drops to edge. keys is the only one i can see it struggling with, and it just twaves all three of the mons you mentioned. tldr i feel like the struggling with steel types part should either be removed or rephrased. The likes of Vileplume, Heliolisk, and Dragalge can help Lycanroc against Water-types, while Centiskorch and Seismitoad can help it against Steel-types, both types that are very troublesome for Lycanroc. heliolisk and dragalge can also chip down steelix for lycanroc, as well as bring it in with volt switch and flip turn respectively. Entry hazard support help Lycanroc wear down its checks throughout the match, making Spikes setters such as Klefki and Golisopod good options, whereas if Gigalith isn't used, Steelix and Bronzong can be used as Stealth Rock setters, Bronzong in particular can also help checking Ground-types and baiting in Fire-types for Lycanroc while not stack weaknesses with it like most options do. Lycanroc hates switching into entry hazards as Sticky Web cripples its Speed and other entry hazards wear it down very quickly alongside Life Orb recoil, therefore hazard control options, such as Mantine, Xatu, and Dhelmise are good options that also can switch into Fighting-type attacks for Lycanroc.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
:blobwizard: the information here is pretty good, nice job!

phantom

Banned deucer.
I’d mention 4 attacks can just be run with Life Orb (which is better). Good work, otherwise.

qc 1/2

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I’d mention 4 attacks can just be run with Life Orb (which is better). Good work, otherwise.

qc 1/2
Implemented. I meant to put that bit in a way that mentions both as options but I think the way it was seemed like you'd always CB w 4 Attacks and LO w SD, reworded that in a way where things are more clear.

About Juno's check, since I got a qc before I was able to check all that and implement it, I will wait for whoever 2nd QCs this to go over those if they want before implementing much, but I still feel like commenting on those:
1. (think that cc should be explained here - what it hits etc.)
2. maybe psychic fangs could be at least mentioned somewhere in here? you ohko viriz without a boost with minimal chip, and more ---
importantly, demolish toxicroak. dog has enough 4MSS as it is so you could probably mention how its generally more inconsistent than ----- 3. -other options. could also go off the cb mention and say that psyfangs is better on that set.
what does sandslash do for lycanroc and what does lycanroc do in exchange?
4. this also applies to the next sentence but i wouldn't imply that steels are that troublesome to lycanroc. steelix and raj get easily blown up by cc, bronzong takes 80 min from +2 cc and that's not even mentioning if you're running crunch, and escav drops to edge. keys is the only one i can see it struggling with, and it just twaves all three of the mons you mentioned. tldr i feel like the struggling with steel types part should either be removed or rephrased.
5. heliolisk and dragalge can also chip down steelix for lycanroc, as well as bring it in with volt switch and flip turn respectively.
For 1, 2, and 5, there's more stuff I considered adding to the analysis (not necessarily those) that I didn't because I felt like this was too long for a preview analysis, specially the 2nd paragraph. I could definately mention (or have mentioned) CC targets, or Psy Fangs, but since it's already like that I would prefer to wait on QC before doing that.

As for 3, I had the other SDs first saying that Sandslash was just like them but I put it first to get into checking types and all that and didn't reword that, so I did that now and put it in a way where it says sandslash and lycanroc weaken each other's checks and so can the other wallbreakers I mentioned.

Finally for number 4, the fact that Lycanroc can beat the Steel types doesn't mean they aren't annoying: they can create 50/50s for Lycanroc (CC/SD vs killing what's in front of you, if said mon can KO you if you don't), and they always ko Lycanroc (ig Rajah already dies to CC at +0 but it still might be chople and having another Fighting to waste it for Lycanroc is also not bad), just making it harder for a team w Lycanroc in general to play, and having something that can better pressure and potentially force them to switch and get further chipped by hazards or just to enter on them when Lycanroc is on a 1v1 situation is good to have if you can afford it. I could have mentioned mons that are more of switch-ins to Steels but I just added that bit to point out how its nice for Lycanroc to have mons that can pressure Steel-types if needed so Lycanroc doesn't get as pressured to beat them by itself. As for Klefki, while they're not the ideal way to deal with it, w every Klefki being SpDef it can't even eat hits from them very well and if you can put Lycanroc in a winning position from there I'd say you're okay in letting your Fighting-type getting paralyzed to get a KO on it (or put it in accelerock's range at least), so I think the point still works.

Tl;dr: it's just a sentence saying that if you use one of them, you got smth that can help weaken/pressure Steel and Waters which is not a bad thing as it relieves some of its pressure to beat them.

add remove comments

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Lycanroc's great attack and Speed alongside Swords Dance and a great movepool make it a dangerous sweeper and wallbreaker. Accelerock is used to revenge kill Salazzle and pick off weakened faster targets such as Scarf Gardevoir, Inteleon and Barraskewda, as well as to make it harder to be revenge killed after setting up. Crunch is an option to hit Golurk and Claydol while also ensuring a OHKO on Bronzong at +2. While Swords Dance is usually better to punish its switch-ins and pressure slower teams, Lycanroc can use a set with all attacks instead, with Choice Band as an option, but Life Orb is still preferred as it gives Lycanroc the ability to switch its moves. Jolly is the best nature as it allows Lycanroc to outspeed Virizion and Heliolisk and speedtie with Espeon and Tauros, Adamant is an option if used alongside sand as the extra Attack allows it to OHKO Rhyperior and Vaporeon always, and Steelix most of the time at +2 after Stealth Rock damage. However Jolly can still be used to outspeed Virizion outside of sand. Sand Rush is used even if not paired with Gigalith as you can benefit from opposing sand teams and revenge kill opposing sand sweepers.

Gigalith is a great teammate as it can use set Stealth Rock and set sand for Lycanroc, allowing it to serve as a speed control and be a more threatening wallbreaker. Sandslash is a great addition if sand is used as it also has access to Sand Rush and Swords Dance and can help weaken Lycanroc's checks for it to sweep or vice-versa. Other wallbreakers such as Toxicroak, Virizion, and Bewear can do that too while also helping check Water- and Steel-type Pokemon that give it trouble. The likes of Vileplume, Heliolisk, and Dragalge can help Lycanroc against Water-types, while Centiskorch and Seismitoad can help it against Steel-types, both types that are very troublesome for Lycanroc. Entry hazard support help Lycanroc wear down its checks throughout the match, making Spikes setters such as Klefki and Golisopod good options. whereas If Gigalith isn't used, Steelix and Bronzong can be used as Stealth Rock setters. Bronzong in particular can also help checking Ground-types and baiting in Fire-types for Lycanroc while not stacking weaknesses with it like most options do. Lycanroc hates switching into entry hazards as Sticky Web cripples its Speed and other entry hazards wear it down very quickly alongside Life Orb recoil, therefore hazard control options, such as Mantine, Xatu, and Dhelmise are good options that also can switch into Fighting-type attacks for Lycanroc.

Galarian Slowbro should be somewhere here, it can pivot into mons like Choice Scarf Passimian and Gardevoir that Lycanroc struggles with, and also set up on Steelix without Earthquake.

[CREDITS]

QC 2/2 when this is done. :lycanroc:

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (AP) = Add Period

GP 1/1

shinxstamp.gif

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Lycanroc's great Attack (Capitalize) and Speed alongside Swords Dance and a great movepool make it a dangerous sweeper and wallbreaker. Accelerock is used to revenge kill Salazzle and pick off weakened faster targets such as Choice Scarf Gardevoir, Inteleon, (AC) and Barraskewda, as well as to make making it harder to be revenge killed after setting up. Crunch is an option to hit Golurk and Claydol while also ensuring a an OHKO on Bronzong at +2. While Swords Dance is usually better to punish its switch-ins and pressure slower teams, Lycanroc can use a set with all attacks instead with Choice Band as an option instead, although Life Orb is still preferred, (AC) as it gives Lycanroc the ability to switch its moves. Jolly is the best nature, (AC) as it allows Lycanroc to outspeed Virizion and Heliolisk and speedtie Speed tie with Espeon and Tauros. (AP) Adamant is an option if used alongside sand, (AC) as the extra Attack allows it to always OHKO Rhyperior and Vaporeon always and OHKO Steelix most of the time at +2 after Stealth Rock damage when at +2. However Jolly can still be used to outspeed Virizion outside of sand. (Redundancy) Sand Rush is used even if not paired with Gigalith, (AC) as you Lycanroc can benefit from opposing sand teams and revenge kill their sweepers.

Gigalith is a great teammate, (AC) as it can set Stealth Rock and sand for Lycanroc, allowing it to serve as speed control and be a more threatening wallbreaker. Sandslash is a great addition if sand is used, (AC) as it also has access to Sand Rush and Swords Dance and can help weaken Lycanroc's checks for it to sweep, (AC) or vice-versa vice versa. Other wallbreakers such as Toxicroak, Virizion, and Bewear can do that too while also helping check Water- and Steel-type Pokemon that give it trouble. The likes of Vileplume, Heliolisk, and Dragalge can help Lycanroc against Water-types, while Centiskorch and Seismitoad can help it against Steel-types, both types that are very troublesome for Lycanroc. Galarian Slowbro can pivot into offensive Pokémon Pokemon that give Lycanroc trouble such as Choice Scarf Gardevoir and Passimian, as well as setting up with Calm Mind on Pokemon that Lycanroc struggle struggles with such as Steelix without Earthquake. Entry hazard support helps Lycanroc wear down its checks throughout the match, making Spikes setters such as Klefki and Golisopod good options. If Gigalith isn't used, Steelix and Bronzong can be used as Stealth Rock setters. Bronzong in particular can also help with checking Ground-types and baiting in Fire-types for Lycanroc while not stacking weaknesses with it like most options do. Lycanroc hates switching into entry hazards, (AC) as Sticky Web cripples its Speed and other entry hazards wear it down very quickly alongside Life Orb recoil. (AP) Therefore, (AC) entry hazard control options removers such as Mantine, Xatu, and Dhelmise are good options that also can switch into Fighting-type attacks for Lycanroc.

[CREDITS]

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/1
entry
hazard control options removers such as Mantine, Xatu, and Dhelmise are good options that also can switch into Fighting-type attacks for Lycanroc.
Implemented, analysis ready for upload
Btw after talking about it in GP discord, I changed that sentence to "Pokemon that can remove or block entry hazards" since Xatu doesn't actually remove them so saying entry hazard removers would either not work or imply Defog Xatu, which is not the idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)