Marvel v Capcom 3 discussion

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Bye Amaterasu, Hi Nemesis :D
Fully Invincible Punch Hyper, yes please :D

reminded me a bit of Q :D
I wonder if his rocket hyper allows him to re-launch after the jump on the opponent though.

From what I can see, what Strange lacks in power, he makes up in speed and mixup ability. He also seems to have alot of defensive options, much like Trish's. I could care less if he sucks, I will never drop Dr. Strange (once I get the game of course). =]

Ch-Ch-Ch-Check it

Fukken Vergil is going to be so baws, Nova will be cool also

EDIT: right, in case your too lazy to click the link, Vergil, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Iron Fist, Frank West and Pheonix Wright are confirmed.

Still making me wait for Phoenix Wright, huh. ;_;

Vergil seems pretty awesome though. And Iron Fist seems like a more ground-based character I guess, which is kind of interesting.

I really want to use Dr. Strange, Vergil, and Ironfist.

From what I can tell, Vergil has a teleport move that is somewhat similar to Wolverine's Berserker slash and can teleport after certain moves (Maybe it's only on hit?). His teleport seems to recover really fast as well.

Iron Fist has a cross up move similar to Captain America. He seems a lot more straightforward, but we'll see when the final game is released.

He seems a lot more straightforward, but we'll see when the final game is released.
I don't really think that is an assumption that can be made, his Chi changing move has to do something (it appears to have two different forms, maybe more), which is definitely likely to change up the way he plays. Definitely more complex than the likes of Captain America.

Im pretty sure iron fist has three different forms (yellow, red, blue)

Am i the only one who keeps forgetting nova and iron fist are different characters?

Also, i wish rocket raccon would just be released already.

I don't really think that is an assumption that can be made, his Chi changing move has to do something (it appears to have two different forms, maybe more), which is definitely likely to change up the way he plays. Definitely more complex than the likes of Captain America.
I was trying to compare him to Vergil; however, I was extremely unclear with that. I apologize.

Iron Fist's 3 chi power ups are revealed to be a power up, defense up, and a meter boosting buff. I'm really interested to see how much of a difference each power up makes. We kind of get a taste in the reveals for how much crazy damage the red buff does though.

On a side note, he's reminding me of She-Hulk. Seems to hit really hard and even has a deep cross-up jump C. They both also seem to be lacking in mobility (i.e. no airdash, double jump, teleport, projectile) as well.

I'm also really hoping that Vergil's crossup move isn't invincible.

Seems like the power ups could be pretty useful, from what I saw in Seth's breakdowns, it would appear that by using the blue power up then moving Iron Fist to an assist you gain an assist that causes a crumple. I feel that alone makes Iron Fist pretty damned amazing, imagine the kinds of things that you could do with that.

“At the end of the stage show Ishizawa mentioned that out of the 4 remaining characters Phoenix Wright is probably one that people are wondering about. Then the discussion turned to Phoenix Wright. According to Niitsuma, Phoenix fights without fighting. His standing weak attack has him showing the opponent some documents. His crouching weak attack has him looking for clues on the floor.”
This sounds better than I expected.

I love how much Seth loves Phoenix Wright. Kind of a disturbing amount of damage, though, but that's MvC3 I guess.

Does anyone else feel like we should just have one all-purpose fighting game thread? These threads are only active after announcements and stuff.

All purpose thread would be nice indeed, I'm always reluctant to post SF stuff here, and other things like Skull Girls will be comin' out soon enough.

Fighting game thread would be cool (does Smash count? <_< >_>). But seriously their thread is more active than all of the other fighting games combined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)