who needs skill for mons

• tots agree

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • no dumbass

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
medichamp ladder team

hi rmt community, this will probably be my last rmt for sm and i want to share this team with you all. i was planning on going on a hiatus if i didnt make it to the semi-finals of the team rating comp... and i didnt cuz i just wasnt good enuf haha. so i put this team together as for 1 of my 2 submissions for r2. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-team-rater-competition-v4-round-3.3618302/#post-7556745

i like this team even tho it does lose to stall unless the opp just plays bad. main reasons why would be... very easy to use, requires minimal skill, braindead team in general, more or less plays by itself, etc etc. sincerely hope u guys try the team out because it honestly is extremely easy to use lol.

the team was supposed to be built around dd zygarde but the sweeper role that it takes up on the team can really be replaced for any other sweeper. mimikyu, offensive steela, sss gyarados, waterium manaphy etc etc. quite a lot of diff options are all possible cuz medicham is just a broken & braindead wallbreaker imo and kills 3/4 shiz in ou but zygarde was the one that round of team was sposed to be about so i only tested with that. ill touch into that later, so without further ado, i present my braindead team to u all!

so the idea of this team is really simple. use medi as its a broken braindead wallbreaker that u click a move and it heavily damages something. some predictions could be useful to catch ppl tryna pivot but most of the time its not necessary cuz its just broken!

ashninja is sort of mandatory imo with medicham cuz its fast and patches up medis average speed and also pressures mew which medi cant beat. spikes also nice to pressure stuff and it can sweep late game.

koko is also good with medi as its another obscenely fast mon that generates momentum for cham to come in and kill shit by uturn and volt switch that chips other mons down at same time.

lando-t and mag are just standard 2 blanket physical and special checks that generate even more momentum for cham.

so lastly its always a good idea to pair cham with a setup sweeper/cleaner cuz of how much potential it has as a breaker. it is dd zygarde here as that round mandated it but lots of other options with only minor changes to teams movesets are very plausible as i mentioned earlier. some of them, but not limited to would be...

so now lets take a more detailed look at the movesets of my team...

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

standard standard sets. just bring it in and kill something. predictions to catch ppl tryna pivot around it like lando-t on hjk on ferro then into greninja on ice punch sometimes nice but for the most part its unnecessary as the team kind of has favorable matchups vs. most offense and balance.

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

even more standard, pump and dark pulse strong stabs blabla, spikes nice to setup on predicted switches to pressure and shuriken for potential late game cleaning.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch

so now i have here momentum #1. tbolt and dazzling gleam are 2 main stabs, uturn and volt switch generates lots of momentum. volt switch is especially nice cuz medicham is rly good at killing landot and usually thats the only ground type on an opponents team so once thats gone, koko can freely volt and its electric terrain boosted volts arent weak so itll be chipping everything down nicely and can be rly irritating for the opp. also fastest scarfer around so no need to worry about my scarfer being slower than their scarfer.

ofc this leaves my team weak to volcarona, but realistically speaking, how u not gna be weak to volc unless u have pinsir + zygarde in 1 team. u can bring a scarf latios and say oh hurrdurr that checks volc only to get bug buzzed and killed off on the switch. sam e with keldeo, chomp etc... gets dropped by z psychic bug buzz on the hard switch that u have to make cuz volc is so scary. besides, there are almost no consistent ladder teams that use volc so fuck worrying bout that.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

now this here is standard physical tank and pivot, standard inc, setup rocks, u-turn for momentum, eq when opponent has no ground immunity left and hp icing other landots.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 22 Spe
- Iron Head
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

standard mag iron head checks bolt beam sg mag, fleur as stronk stab, hp fire nabbing ferro, scizor, and slow volt switch for the momentum.

i like 22 speed evs so its slower than steela so my switchin doesnt have to take an annoying leech seed and protect to the face.

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

always a good idea to have a sweeper when using cham cuz of how much damage it can cause to the opposing team making it that much ezier to clean up with. the movesets are standard. i guess whats worth mentioning is that it ohkoes tangrowth and mew at +1 with z outrage with rocks up.

this makes bulu quite a nuisance for this team but once again i need to emphasize that...

the sweeper slot can be easily changed up. so if the ladder has a ton of bulus/clefs running around at that time, something like sss taunt gyarados/mimikyu. other options like manaphy and steela are also good cuz of how bulky they are as well. manaphy/gyarados would also drastically improve stall matchup on paper but i havnt tested with anything cept zygarde cuz team rate comp. too lazy to yo.

so ill now touch briefly on some of the problems this team has...

Stealth Rock
Spikes
Toxic Spikes

team doesnt have hazard removal so those are a problem but the team is a very offensive one and can lay down spikes of its own to force the opponent to defog.

so the deal with these 2 is that its possible to hard switchin to medi for bulu predicting sd cuz most ppl on ladder just do cuz theyll assume ull go into your fat landot and they get forced out w/o getting to do shit or theyll get tilted by that move and just let you kill their shit. the same applies with kartana, going hard into tapu koko for that. risky and could leave the mons koed but im the yolo player.

FUCKING STALL. im usually too lazy to bother to go around building a team that can cater to stall cuz i dont believe u can build a team that can handle both stall/offense/balance in 1, just isnt possible. besides, on the ladder, any1 whos played ladder a lot should be able to tell you offense if the dominant style there. however, i think for this team there is a way around it. look no further...

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Rest
- Rain Dance

so now manaphy is just obscenely fat for an offensive pokemon. just some calcs to show the bulk

0 SpA Tangrowth Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 176-210 (51.6 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 211-250 (61.8 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 139-165 (40.7 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

so i dont think a mono attacking set with only surf is a bad idea because toxapex, venusaur etc aka common stops to it can be dealt with by use of medicham/ashgren/koko.

now then on paper, how to deal with the above stall team, which i think is the most prominent one on the ladder...

1. force a spike on the field with greninja by doubling it to face talon/quag/skarm. sableye cant switch in cuz specs hydro pump in regular form is still an easy 2hko.

+1 252 SpA Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye-Mega: 150-177 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

2. make sure the skarm doesnt defog that spike away by going hard koko on the tangrowth/chansey switch. from there uturn/volt out and find the chance to send manaphy in on something like chansey/quag/talonflame/sableye set up to +3 with tail glow and obliterate.

+3 252 SpA Manaphy Hydro Vortex (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth in Rain: 331-390 (81.9 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252+ SpA Manaphy Hydro Vortex (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth in Rain: 363-428 (89.8 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

modest would gurantee the ko after spikes even if tangrowth does switch out after, manaphy will be able to smash holes in the stall team for the other members to eventually win & rest means nothing on the stall team is ever gna kill it outside of tangrowth lol. i would test this but i dnt wna play atm.

heres some replays showing how ez to use the team is... just voltturn and turn

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-647532999 (i guess it was a good game idk)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-647529982 (raelonus 1)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-651711322 (fuck this raelonus guy for tryna tell me gg after dodging so many of my moves)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-652076463 (shouldnt have won, hes just bad trying to give me his ferro turn 1 when he had a clef, only remembered later it was a team by i forgot who used in snake)

sorry if theres a lack of replays i always genuinely tend to forget to save them at times and i wasnt gna rmt this but i got eliminated from team rate comp and i wna hiatus sooo might as well. if u guys want, ill try and find time to get more replays.

i have a shitton of alts i use to test my own teams. i think i was around 1870 at peak with this team i really cant remember precisely and i decay a bit cuz i didnt screenshot the rank at that time cuz i wasnt planning on rmting this at 1st lol. one seems to decay hella fast when ur decently high up the ladder.

heres the importable...

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 22 Spe
- Iron Head
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

sincerely hope u guys try the team out, its very easy to use and sweeper slots are not limited to zygarde as mentioned earlier repeatedly.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hello! Pretty nice team you have got here!

I would say that the team seems to have no problem versus offense, due to the insane combination of FakeOut+Gren+scarf Koko. What is a great idea is to have made role compression by giving koko the role of revenge killer and scarfer. Landorus+Magearna is pretty obvious and fit perfectly in the voltturn chain. As you say it yourself, there is a free 6th slot, which is absolutely insane because it means the team can do its job in 5 pokemons and let you adapt to your opponent. That's obviously a proof of the strength of your cores.

However I wouldn't say it is so braindead. There are big threats to your team you won't get rid of by clicking randomly. Let's move into it.

Ferrothorn & tangrowth:
even though your team has a medicham, balance teams including ferrothorn can quickly get spikes up vs greninja and koko, and spikes is the worst threat to voltturn. HO leads can also get rocks and spikes, and take advantage of your repeated voltturn plays. What's more, protect ferrothorn is a nightmare and can weaken your team very quickly. Tangrowth can also come on landorus, magearna, koko, gren and gigadrain them. So the team is extremely relying on Medicham vs these matchups. Since Zygarde struggles vs these two guys too, maybe that celesteela could be a great idea in the 6th slot, but hawlucha also fits pretty well as it Sets Up on tangrowth and Ferrothorn.

Celesteela @ Groundium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Autotomize
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

(speed for lopunny)

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Stall: one of the easiest ways to fix the stall issue is to use.... thunderpunch medicham, because you have koko.
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Sableye-Mega in Electric Terrain: 168-198 (55.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So Medicham literally destroys stall teams if you play it correctly. I think you can go for doublepunch medi instead of zen headbutt, since Thunder punch destroys toxapex. It will make you much weaker to venusaur, but spikes+highjump kick deal with it:
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Venusaur-Mega: 137-162 (37.7 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

The team is extremely solid, and many players have been using a similar version, so my rate only focused on the last slot where there is room for change. I hope my small contribution helped think a bit about a braindead team! See you weirdo faye!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)