ORAS UU Mega Banette HO (1739 Peak)

robjr

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
RUPL Champion
The Team

Introduction
Welcome everyone to my second RMT! My first one went well enough that I decided to make another one. This team was one I had to spend a lot of time building, as I always found there was one Pokemon off. I finally have found the right combination of 6 that has given me a lot of success on the ladder, including my highest ever rating. I will appreciate any opinions anyone has on the team :].
My Thought Process When Building The Team

The Pokemon I wanted to build the team around was one that is rarely seen on the uu ladder, however I felt it had a great niche in the tier. Once it gets up its mega, it can be very tough to play around with its prankster ability paired with destiny bond. The best way to use it is to bring it in where you can revenge something with one of its ghost stabs. After the mega is up, you have the change to get two kills of more if your opponent cant play correctly around destiny bond.

The next Pokemon I added to the team was life orb Mamoswine. I have never built a successful team without Mamoswine. Its switches that can take two hits are very limited, and is very tough to play around even if you have one. It is very useful vs offense and some balanced teams, and it is a great check to a lot of the threats in the tier, like salamence, mega aerodactyl after rocks, etc.

The next Pokemon I added was one of the recent drops which has been destroying the tier in Sylveon. It is a very good special wall breaker with its only good switch in blissey. Its also a great offensive check to things like machamp and conkeldurr, and can gain you momentum with baton pass. It also has good coverage to hit most of its "switches".

The next Pokemon I felt I needed was a rocker, and I saw that in lead aerodactyl. It can set up rocks and also prevent them with taunt. Its offensive presence is also good and after you are brought down to sash, you can switch out for a possible death fodder which is always good to have.

The next Pokemon I added to the team was another great wall breaker in entei. Some people may thing I dont need entei with the team I currently have, but entei can beat most walls other then bulky water types, and it has some of the best priority in the game in extreme speed. It is also a good sylveon check which my team currently lacked.

The last Pokemon I wanted to add was a good scarfer that would outspeed ever non-scarfer in the tier, and also most common scarfers. It runs into a bit of a 4 move slot syndrome, but it is a great revenge killer for the team. My main thought process was I wanted a fighting type because my team didnt appreciate cobalian. It can also be a great late game cleaner once fighting resists and immunities are gone.

Meet the team

Banette(M) @ Banettite
Pre-Mega Ability: Frisk
Post-Mega Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 HP / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

I decided to start the team with Mega Banette for multiple reasons because of it's destiny bond niche. It can come in on weakened Pokemon that it can outspeed and kill or kill with its priority. Then it will have prankster and is free to destiny bond if it is in danger of being killed. It can also stop most defensive walls with taunt. Also it can check thinks like lucario without crunch or a conkeldurr. Mega Banette can also 1 v 1 most cresselias. The 92 speed is to outspeed any base speed 95 Pokemon with no speed investment and along with that this set outspeeds any standard specs sylveon and standard cresselia. Shadow Claw is for main stab and shadow sneak is for priority. Also although the set is walled by blissey it can taunt the blissey and switch out to an offensive threat that can beat it. Lastly Banette can provide as a spin blocker if I feel I need to keep up stealth rocks.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

The next Pokemon I decided to add Mamoswine because it has a great typing of ground and ice and is a great wall breaker. It is meant to come in and hit the opponents team very hard. It also gives me priority ice shard for one of the tiers top Pokemon salamence. Earthquake is for very strong stab, the double ice stab is for grass and flying types and good priority. Icicle crash is just generally good for earthquake resists. Knock off is for mainly bronzong. The life orb allows it to hit as hard as it can without being locked into a move with a band. Also its two main switches in suicune and alomomola can be beaten by my next pokemon, specs sylveon.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Spa / 32 HP / 4 Def / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Baton Pass
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Fire

Sylveon provided a great addition to the team, as this choice specs set synergizes really well offensively with Mamoswine. Sylveon can break many of the physical walls that hinder Mamoswine and the steel, posion and fire types (as well as blissey) that counter or check sylveon can be beaten by Mamoswine. Hyper Voice is for very strong STAB that has few switches. Psyshock is for poison types like the Nidos and tentacruel, while baton pass can provide momentum if I predict a switch. The last move can either be shadow ball for metagross and bronzong, or hidden power fire for escavalier.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Any (I use pressure)
EVs: 144 Atk / 112 Spa / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

The next Pokemon I added was a lead aerodactyl. I wanted a rocker and a lead Pokemon and this fit the bill. It can set up and prevent rocks and is also faster then the other common lead rocker (azelf). The stone edge is for main stab that can still do decent damage to most things. Fire Blast is an interesting move, but one that works for the team. The 112 special attack is to guarantee a two hit ko on standard offensive pivot cobalian. The Fire Blast also hits things like foretress and doublade.

Entei @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

I decided to use Entei because I needed a fire type and it is a great revenge killer with really good priority. It is a great wall breaker and can switch into things like florges and sylveon to give me offensive momentum. Sacred fire is also a very spammable strong fire move with a 50% burn chance. The double fire stab is for if sacred fire gets pp stalled I still have a very strong fire move. Stone edge is for things like salamence or if a mega aerodactlt wanted to switch in. Extreme speed is for really strong priority and the choice band helps give me a strong wall breaker and revenge killer. Entei is carrying a life orb instead of a band because I like to have the ability to switch up my moves.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off/Poison Jab

The last Pokemon I wanted to add to the team was a scarfed fighting type as I saw the cobalian weakness. Mienshao fit the bill of the scarfer I wanted and provided me with another great revenger killer. It can outspeed any non scarfer and can also outspeed alot of the common scarfers in the tier. The u-turn is for momentum, the stone edge is for things like crobat and salamence, and the high jump kick is for really stong stab. The last slot is a bit iffy, as knock off is nice for a lot of ghost types that are immune to mienshaos stab but poison jab can hit sylveon and florges.

Last edited:
I've been using this team for a couple hours and, I gotta say, I like it a lot. It's got enough priority for offense, two taunters for stallbreaking, and great power. There are a couple mons that gave me issues though. Suicine and Cresselia mainly, though I feel like these are issues for most teams. Taunt + hyper voice spam is usually how I handled that situation, but after a calm mind things get rather tricky.
You may want to try calm mind > baton pass on Sylveon and run it with a pixie plate, life orb or even leftovers. This allows you to handle the cune and cress a little better. After some boosts you can bop em with a psyshock / shadow ball respectively. Shadow ball is less reliable vs calm mind, but just get a spdef drop and you're fine. The only issue is lack of recovery, so you may want lefties for this set. Alternatively you could go pixie plate w/ wish > shadow ball and just hyper voice everything. In any case, I think a boosting move on Sylveon could be effective.

But other than that minor change, I can't really think of anything else. This team has been a blast to use (as HO normally is). Nice work!

robjr

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
RUPL Champion
I've been using this team for a couple hours and, I gotta say, I like it a lot. It's got enough priority for offense, two taunters for stallbreaking, and great power. There are a couple mons that gave me issues though. Suicine and Cresselia mainly, though I feel like these are issues for most teams. Taunt + hyper voice spam is usually how I handled that situation, but after a calm mind things get rather tricky.
You may want to try calm mind > baton pass on Sylveon and run it with a pixie plate, life orb or even leftovers. This allows you to handle the cune and cress a little better. After some boosts you can bop em with a psyshock / shadow ball respectively. Shadow ball is less reliable vs calm mind, but just get a spdef drop and you're fine. The only issue is lack of recovery, so you may want lefties for this set. Alternatively you could go pixie plate w/ wish > shadow ball and just hyper voice everything. In any case, I think a boosting move on Sylveon could be effective.

But other than that minor change, I can't really think of anything else. This team has been a blast to use (as HO normally is). Nice work!
Thanks! I will for sure consider that change sounds like a good one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)