Mega Beedrill [Poison] [QC 0/3] [GP 0/1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

[OVERVIEW]
Poison

* Mega Beedrill is far outclassed by Mega Venusaur bulk wise, but it having amazing speed and attack stats, along with its role of being a speedy and strong pivot make it a very good choice for an offensive poison team.
* Since you're unable to use Mega Venusaur for the bulk, and Mega Beedrill lacks bulk completely, you have to make very good choices to who will work with Mega Beedrill to keep alive enough to pull off a win.
* Mega Beedrill being practically useless against really bulky Steel types makes you have to utilize other hard hitters such as Life Orb Nidoking and AV A-Muk to try and clear the path for him.
* It checks a lot of psychic types by learning knock off plus extra STAB u-turns make it an easy pivot out of sticky situations plus it has a base 145 speed so it can’t really be out sped by all that much.
* Sadly, it being very frail makes in vulnerable to hazards since it will be usually u-turning. Defoggers are very important on your team, you don't want to forget them.
* Since Mega Beedrill gets knock off, you have even another way to deal with psychic type Pokemon.

[SET]
name: Fast and Furious Highly Offensive Pivot (Poison)
move 1: U-Turn
move 2: Poison Jab
move 3: Drill Run
move 4: Knock Off
item: Beedrillite
ability: Adaptability
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

*U-turn allows Mega Beedrill to pivot out of sticky situations such as being against a steel type, but also hits bulky psychic types like Slowbro, Necrozma and Mew.
* Poison Jab counters all fairy types that don't have a secondary steel typing and can even sometimes KO a bulkier fairy type like Tapu Fini.
* Drill run works for a third move, while it does not OHKO a magearna or excadrill, you can utilize other mons to whittle them down so mbeedrill can outspeed and clean them up. But if Mega Beedrill has the boost from a fell stinger ko, it can OHKO any steel type with drill run.
* Knock Off is used for safe item removal for more bulkier, item reliant Pokemon like Mew or Assault Vest Meloetta.

Set Details
========

* Giving it the Max Speed EV's and Jolly nature gives it a whopping 427 speed.
* The given 427 speed makes it outspeed base 80 scarfed Pokemon.
* Beedrillite allows it to Mega Evolve and gain those great stats along with its ability which is the thing that makes it hit really hard.
* The ability gained once Beedrill mega evolves, Adaptability, makes the STAB multiplier go from 1.5x to 2x.

Usage Tips
========
*Its 2x STAB U-Turn hits really hard, so be sure to pivot out if you're stuck against a bulky steel or ground type like Hippowdon.
* Remember that Drill Run doesn't OHKO an Excadrill or Magearna at full health, but if another Pokemon like Nidoking on your team can hit hard and hurt those steel and ground types, Mega Beedrill can finish it off.
* Since Mega Beedrill outspeeds base 80 speed scarfed Pokemon, it will OHKO a scarfed gardevoir and togekiss with poison jab, so you don't need to worry about them.
* Also, Alolan Muk is the bulkiest Pokemon in Special Defense in the Poison type. Use it to your advantage to take Flamethrower and Flash Cannons for Mega Beedrill.
* Toxapex is another great Pokemon that should be utilized since it has over the roof defenses, and is really good for tanking Bullet Punches and Aqua Jets. You could also set up a stockpile or two and just spam scalds and hazes if they try to set up from there.
* If you can eliminate any hazard setters like Hippowdon, Skarmory or Klefki earlier in the game, just get Crobat out and defog, you make an easy path for Mega Bee to come in and hit hard to pivot out once again.

Team Options
========

* Gengar is an extremely hard hitter if it's Scarfed, and can usually take out a steel or ground defensive wall like Hippowdon or Skarmory. A good but risky option to put on Gengar is HP Ice, which could be used to take down Dragon Dancers like Dragonite.
* Crobat because it can defog and it is bulky in HP and can possibly tank another hit to eliminate a threat. A defogger is a must-have if you're going to use Mega Bee. Hazards are such a threat to a strong and fast pivot, but Crobat being fast and bulky in HP can get rid of hazards and make a safe route for Mega Bee.
* Nidoking with a life orb and the ability sheer force, Nidoking with earth power outspeeds and OHKO's magearna. Doesn't outspeed Excadrill with earth power but it helps a lot nonetheless. You could also use Nidoqueen, but it doesn't hit hard and is bulkier. It is your best bet for setting hazards and it is a good switch in on a steel type move since it has enough bulk to survive and set hazards.
* Toxapex and Alolan Muk both will tank hits for each of their defensive and special defensive sides for Mega Beedrill respectively. Alolan Muk is specially defensive as stated earlier and can take a lot of flamethrowers and flash cannons. Toxapex is great for taking in BP's and Jets.
* Nihilego is a very good switch in to flying type counters to Mega Beedrill. It can't deal with steel types, but if a flying type Pokemon like Staraptor or Mega Pidgeot is there to counter Mega Bee, Nihilego could switch in and tank a brave bird or hurricane before going to counter attack with power gem.
* You can try to incorporate Salazzle into your Poison team, but that itself is quite frail too. It hits very hard though and, if it's Specs, could take out something bulky like Celesteela or Jirachi with Flamethrower.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Poison
--------

* Mega Beedrill is a pretty straightforward pokemon, but fell stinger is an interesting option you could choose. If it KO's the opponent, Mega Beedrill's attack stat goes up +3 which makes it a really good sweeper, especially with the Adaptability STAB boost.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Priority Moves**: Mega Beedrill dislikes priority moves in general since they whittle him down to a point where just a bullet punch from Scizor will KO him. Alolan Muk and Toxapex are there to take hits for Mega Beedrill in this situation.

**Hazards**: Since you will be using U-Turn a lot, if there's rocks on the field, they will whittle down Mega Beedrill's health by quite a bit, but using a Crobat or Skuntank to defog and eliminate the rock setter, you shouldn't have a problem using U-Turn.

**Burns**: Luckily, Mega Beedrill cannot be poisoned, but if it gets burned, you will be in trouble since your attack will get cut in half and you won't be able to maximize the amount of damage you do.

**Bulky Steel-types**: Drill Run usually won't kill them, so your best bet is to U-turn out and bring out something hits steel types pretty heavily like Salazzle or Gengar.

Check: Fire-types: Mega Beedrill usually doesn't counter them himself, but utilizing Toxapex on your team will help take them down. Mega Beedrill can just poison jab if you can ensure a kill, but if not, it's always an easy switch in to Toxapex to take the hit.

Check: Special Attackers: Mega Beedrill usually can ensure a kill with poison jab to a special attacker that isn't very bulky, but if not, Alolan Muk is a very special defensive Pokemon and can tank a lot of hits for Mega Beedrill.

Check: Scarfed base 80 speed Pokemon: It outspeeds them both by 1, and Mega Beedrill's poison jab takes care of them after that.

Last edited:
Hi,

This is lacking too much detail. I don't even need to read the entire thing to see how much work this would need if I tried to QC this. Overview and Usage Tips look completely empty, the fact that the entire set revolves around Fell Stinger and Azumarill being at the top of Checks and Counters confuse me.

The Overview fails to mention what Mega Beedrill is supposed to do. Its role is a pivot, a fast, strong pivot for offensive Poison teams. The opportunity cost is barely touched here; the fact that using Mega Beedrill makes it impossible to use Mega Venusaur is the reason why Mega Beedrill is such a suboptimal choice. The Overview also doesn't mention Mega Beedrill's poor bulk and vulnerability to priority moves among countless other things that I can list here but there's really no point writing an entire Overview right here.

The Set revolves around Fell Stinger, a move I would never even use on Mega Beedrill, let alone make it the top slot. The descriptions for the moves are too vague and lack necessary examples and there's a completely out-of-place bit about not needing Protect in Set Details (this shouldn't be anywhere btw) while having no mentions of Beedrillite and Adaptability. The Usage Tips section is bare and needs too much work and again, is too vague for the reader to actually get some useful tips. Team Options has some completely random suggestions that should never be used (Skuntank) and doesn't fully explain why the Pokemon even make good teammates. I don't think I even need to explain what's wrong with Checks and Counters (Azumarill being #1 should be more than enough).

I don't want to discourage you from writing analyses but i'd suggest looking at the some examples of high quality analyses before having another shot at this.

QC Rejected 1/3

terrors thanks for the suggestions and such, this is my first analyses on a Pokemon so I wasn't getting my hopes up. I'll implement the changes and look at the high quality analyses. Maybe some other time you could look at it and reevaluate it.

Overview is completely negative and I don't see why Mega Beedrill would ever be used. Furthermore some of the lines just don't really make much sense. There's a difference between being outright unviable and being ranked lowly on the Viability Rankings.

Half of the Usage Tips are Team Options lines. There's not much actually talking about the usage of Mega Beedrill as opposed to the usage of other Pokemon on its team.

Team Options isn't highlighting the fact that Mega Beedrill can only fit on Hyper Offense teams.

Checks and Counters is just all over the place. Azumarill and Mimikyu are hardly checks to Mega Beedrill and I don't know what's going on at the bottom of the section.

You may want to review the resources again.

QC Rejected 2/3

You're welcome to try again with a different Pokemon, but please make sure you understand the C&C format and the Pokemon in question. Looking at examples of other analyses would also help you get a good grip for what the QC team is looking for. You can PM me if you want some advice on Showdown.

Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)