ORAS OU Mega Charizard Y OU team

Hi all,
One day I decided to build a team around Mega Zard Y, because I felt that I should try him out (and I really like him as a Pokemon). For some reason I decided to make it dual weathers (however you can get rid of that if you want). Anyway, it's been a while since then and I've done some fine tuning but feel it needs some external input. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
Charizard Y is the centrepiece of this team. Boosted by sun he hits like a nuke with fire blast, even going as far as to OHKO resistant Pokemon. Solar Beam can be used on the switch for Water, Ground and Rock type switch ins trying to KO Charizard. Focus Blast hits Tyranitar and other assorted dark types hard, as well as Heatran and some other dual typed steel mons who can shrug off a fire blast. Roost increases Charizard's longevity.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
Tyranitar is the other weather setter of the team, and has the purpose of supporting Excadrill and setting rocks. I almost ran leftovers but decided on Smooth Rock to help the sandstorm last longer. Stealth Rock can turn many 2HKOs into OHKOs. Pursuit can trap ghost types and psychic types in and discourage switches. Stone Edge hits flying, fire and bug types and provides good STAB. Ice Beam can hit Gliscor, Dragonite, and other assorted Grass, Flying and Dragon types.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
Latios provides the Defog support that is crucial for Charizard. Life Orb increases damage so that he's not entirely passive. Psyshock hits specially defensive mons and fighting types hard and provides STAB. Draco Meteor is hard hitting STAB. Defog is self explanatory, and Roost increases longevity.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
Excadrill is a hard hitting physical sweeper, and near unbreakable with sand support. Swords Dance boosts his attack sky high. Iron Head is good STAB with a handy chance to flinch. Earthquake is also hard hitting stab. Rock Slide can hit flying types who would otherwise be hard to hit.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
Azumarill is a great late game cleaner. With belly drum, he becomes near unstoppable, held back only by his slowness. Aqua Jet is priority and STAB, good for hitting weakened Pokemon. Play Rough is more STAB and good power. Knock Off can cripple Pokemon that resist his other STAB, and bring them into range for a KO with Aqua Jet. However, I have at times thought about swapping Azumarill out for a pivot, so if you've got any ideas about that please let me know.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
Keldeo is very useful sweeper. Substitute allows Keldeo to avoid damage and set up calm mind safely, turning him into a potent sweeper (and making him very bulky in the process). Scald can cripple physical attackers with burn and provides string STAB. Secret Sword can KO Chansey and Blissey, as well as a multitude of steel and water types.

Any input to this team will be greatly appreciated. I'll post an exportable version if that's your thing.
Thanks

Hey ong1324 nice dual weather team , the first two mons are really good together and probably forms the best dual weather core , but you have two bulky waters which isn't really good , also I think Azumarill can be swapped in this team for Celebi , as it helps you in dealing with rain and sun just like Azumarill does but also provides you nasty plot support and baton pass gives your team momentum , also you already have Excadrill for Sweeping which is very good , also I have an optional suggestion for your Keldeo , that is Specs Keldeo > CM Keldeo as it adds up a wallbreaker to your team and it can still sweep after the nasty plot pass from Celebi.
Keldeo @ Choice Specs / Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Hope I helped n_n...

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hei! Nice team there! I've some suggestion for you:

-
>
Azumarill was surely a good win condition but it was in conflict with Keldeo: same counters, same problems, same everything. So i'm suggesting you this Tangrowth in order to keep you safe from Thundurus and to have another decent Latwins check. It can also tank a Manaphy Ice beam and covers Keldeo as well. As Charilax said, you can also use Celebi. If you run Celebi, i suggest you to run SR on it and use ScarfTTar in order to have another Pinsir Check (and not only Excadrill).
-
Definitively HP Fire on this since Char Y is your only way to kill Scizor. If you've got sr on your team, well, that's a GG.
-
Since it's your only way to stop Bisharp, I suggest you a LO Restalk set of Keldeo that is actually good.
-
0 Atk evs since no need, in order to prevent foul play damages.

Sets:

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute (Keldeo-R) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Tangrowth (M) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SDef
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hope I helped you :]

Hei! Nice team there! I've some suggestion for you:

-
>
Azumarill was surely a good win condition but it was in conflict with Keldeo: same counters, same problems, same everything. So i'm suggesting you this Tangrowth in order to keep you safe from Thundurus and to have another decent Latwins check. It can also tank a Manaphy Ice beam and covers Keldeo as well. As Charilax said, you can also use Celebi. If you run Celebi, i suggest you to run SR on it and use ScarfTTar in order to have another Pinsir Check (and not only Excadrill).
-
Definitively HP Fire on this since Char Y is your only way to kill Scizor. If you've got sr on your team, well, that's a GG.
-
Since it's your only way to stop Bisharp, I suggest you a LO Restalk set of Keldeo that is actually good.
-
0 Atk evs since no need, in order to prevent foul play damages.

Sets:

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute (Keldeo-R) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Tangrowth (M) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hope I helped you :]
Thanks for the help. Since I posted the team I had a thought along the lines of what you suggested, which was to replace Azumarill with Amoongus running this set:

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb/HP Fire
- Clear Smog

Whilst Amoongus doesn't add another counter to the Lati twins, it helps vs fairies, removes toxic spikes and is generally good to pivot through (although this could be said for Tangrowth too). I was just wondering your opinion about who to run out of Amoongus or Tangrowth. Thanks!

Thanks for the help. Since I posted the team I had a thought along the lines of what you suggested, which was to replace Azumarill with Amoongus running this set:

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb/HP Fire
- Clear Smog

Whilst Amoongus doesn't add another counter to the Lati twins, it helps vs fairies, removes toxic spikes and is generally good to pivot through (although this could be said for Tangrowth too). I was just wondering your opinion about who to run out of Amoongus or Tangrowth. Thanks!
Ammonguss can't really beat rain , so pobably ammonguss isn't a nice option to replace with azumarill , as u already have keldeo for Kabutops , so You need something for Kingdra , i.e. Celebi or Tangrowth...

Ice beam tyranitar? i see what youre going for but your special attack wont be high enough to make it work. Scizor and landorus are bigger threats than the ones you mentioned, i dont see dragonite used very often these days and theres no way you can outspeed a choice scarf landorus. also you run way too many mons that are weak to either water or thunder. almost your entire team can be swept with a decent Rotom-W

Ammonguss can't really beat rain , so pobably ammonguss isn't a nice option to replace with azumarill , as u already have keldeo for Kabutops , so You need something for Kingdra , i.e. Celebi or Tangrowth...
i wouldnt change my party just for the tiny possibility someone might use a Kabutops, after all ive never battled a kabutops and ive battled alot

i wouldnt change my party just for the tiny possibility someone might use a Kabutops, after all ive never battled a kabutops and ive battled alot
First of all Ammonguss only counters Kabutops and Megapert in rain , not Kingdra. Celebi and Tangrowth counters all of them also Keldeo is able to counter Kabutops. I said Ammongus just counters Kabutops , if u never saw one then its an advantage to my point.
Read Carefully.

Ice beam tyranitar? i see what youre going for but your special attack wont be high enough to make it work. Scizor and landorus are bigger threats than the ones you mentioned, i dont see dragonite used very often these days and theres no way you can outspeed a choice scarf landorus. also you run way too many mons that are weak to either water or thunder. almost your entire team can be swept with a decent Rotom-W
So what would you suggest running on him then? There's fire blast but that won't help vs rotom wash (good for more help vs Scizor/Ferro) and neither will crunch which actually works with his physical attack. His only grass move is HP, which is too situational and extremely pointless to run IMO.

i wouldnt change my part just for the tiny possibility someone might use a Kabutops, after all ive battled a kabutops and ive battled alot
First of all Ammonguss only counters Kabutops and Megapert in rain , not Kingdra. Celebi and Tangrowth counters all of them also Keldeo is able to counter Kabutops. I said Ammongus just counters Kabutops , if u never saw one then its an advantage to my point.
Read Carefully.
i really dont think your kabutops would survive a bullet punch from a choice banded adamant/careful scizor with max atk investment. tyranitar might with its bulk. to check rotom-w you can use charizards solarbeam, just hope the rotom isnt wearing a CS / misses its hydro pump.
to be honost im just not a big fan of tyranitar or weather teams. ive seen alot of them, ofc the politoed / ludicolo combo and tyranitar/exadrill/garchomp. but theyre so easy to beat that i just cant recommend using them. my talonflame pretty much ohko every ludicolo ive ever faced and landorus-t or superpower/play rough azumarill pretty much take care of most tyranitars. lets not forget mega-aerodactyl running iron head, which i always do.
, it looks awesome and it has its uses but gen 6 just has too many threats for it.
the point is Scizor is one of tyranitars more likely counters so fire punch or fire fang would be good to check that threat. fire blast would be a bad suggestion. low accuracy + its a special attack while tyranitar is mainly a physical attacker. its tricky to find a good moveset for tyranitar with all the threats but i think Gallade, Scizor, Lucario, Landorus-T, Keldeo, Mega-Lopunny, Milotic, Serperior are some of your more common threats. but you could also replace stealth rock for more coverage. id run dragondance and send it in against a talonflame or something to force a switch so you can set up. scizors sometimes tend to switch out on tyranitar since theyre not confident of a ohko and fear a fire move. steel types have become very desirable to counter fairy types.
also i see you use pursuit to counter ghost types but most ghosts are gengar and they can learn focus blast,
my gengar
252 sp. atk
252 speed
timid
wide lens
Focus blast
shadow ball/dazzling gleam/psychic
thunderbolt/energy ball
sludge bomb/sludge wave

im not here to suggest anything im just here to inform you of the obvious points you seem to have overlooked.
Drain punch chestnaught might also pose a threat but theyre not as common as scizor or ferro.

what im trying to say is that looking at your team i would probably win 4-0 anyday and im being generous ive beaten similar & better teams with 5-0 / 6-0 by switching at the right time i usually end up with 3 or 4 damaged but 0 ko'd mons

i really dont think your kabutops would survive a bullet punch from a choice banded adamant/careful scizor with max atk investment. tyranitar might with its bulk. to check rotom-w you can use charizards solarbeam, just hope the rotom isnt wearing a CS / misses its hydro pump.
to be honost im just not a big fan of tyranitar or weather teams. ive seen alot of them, ofc the politoed / ludicolo combo and tyranitar/exadrill/garchomp. but theyre so easy to beat that i just cant recommend using them. my talonflame pretty much ohko every ludicolo ive ever faced and landorus-t or superpower/play rough azumarill pretty much take care of most tyranitars. lets not forget mega-aerodactyl running iron head, which i always do.
, it looks awesome and it has its uses but gen 6 just has too many threats for it.
the point is Scizor is one of tyranitars more likely counters so fire punch or fire fang would be good to check that threat. fire blast would be a bad suggestion. low accuracy + its a special attack while tyranitar is mainly a physical attacker. its tricky to find a good moveset for tyranitar with all the threats but i think Gallade, Scizor, Lucario, Landorus-T, Keldeo, Mega-Lopunny, Milotic, Serperior are some of your more common threats. but you could also replace stealth rock for more coverage. id run dragondance and send it in against a talonflame or something to force a switch so you can set up. scizors sometimes tend to switch out on tyranitar since theyre not confident of a ohko and fear a fire move. steel types have become very desirable to counter fairy types.
also i see you use pursuit to counter ghost types but most ghosts are gengar and they can learn focus blast,
my gengar
252 sp. atk
252 speed
timid
wide lens
Focus blast
thunderbolt/energy ball
sludge bomb/sludge wave

im not here to suggest anything im just here to inform you of the obvious points you seem to have overlooked.
Drain punch chestnaught might also pose a threat but theyre not as common as scizor or ferro.

what im trying to say is that looking at your team i would probably win 4-0 anyday and im being generous ive beaten similar & better teams with 5-0 / 6-0 by switching at the right time i usually end up with 3 or 4 damaged but 0 ko'd mons
First of all you don't know what I am talking about , Rain sweepers include Kabutops , I am just suggesting him Celebi to counter Kabutops , I am not convincing him to add Kabutops in his team , and I am saying that Ammongus only counters Kabutops , so Celebi and Tangrowth are better options to add in his team.

Edit: You gave me a headache.

my gengar
252 sp. atk
252 speed
timid
wide lens
Focus blast
thunderbolt/energy ball
sludge bomb/sludge wave

This guy have Latios , the ultimate Rotom-wash Counter / Check , also Choice Scarf Rotom-w is bad and only used in low ladder so he Don't really need to fear about that. Ice Beam on Tyranitar is really useful in dealing with Tank Chomp and Defensive lando-t. Pursuit is used to trap Latios and Latias , which is a hate for Zard y , its not necessary to Check Gengar. Keldeo is Capable of revnge killing it and so is Zard y.

As Jason mentioned with your TTar, Ice beam isn't really your best call, You could swap it out with Avalanche? Avalanche will take advantage of TTar's not so great speed by doubling in damage when you're hit first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)