SM OU Mega Diance Offence (need help)

Hello everyone and welcome to my RMT!
1519522737593.png
1519522745413.png
1519522779742.png
1519522691708.png
1519522856178.png
1519522887850.png

As you can tell by the title, this is a Mega Diancie hyper offence based team. The team uses a very strong volt-turn core to keep momentum, and bring in breakers. The team focuses on positioning to allow you to get the most out of each turn, and aims to keep momentum in my favor through out the match. It also utilities set up sweepers to punish passivity and have an end game win-con. The team may have unfavorable match ups but by keeping momentum and playing rather safe, it can even break stall, venusaur balance and other team compositions that should give the team trouble. So far I've gotten past 1500s with 2 of my accounts but recently have hit a brick wall. I am aiming to optimize my sets and improve my overall performance in the higher ladder.

Team Buildilng

1519522717917.png

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature

- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- U-turn

The first Pokemon on my team is the almighty tapu koko! Koko has an impressive base 130 speed stat, outspeeding almost the entire meta game at neutral. The positioning it provides with Volt Switch/U-Turn is invaluable, keeping momentum in my favour. Koko's ability to reset the terrain is also very useful because some members of my team don't appreciate psychic or misty terrain(especially zygarde). The ev spread ensures that I under-speed opposing tapu koko using volt switch to make sure I get better initiative. I also ensured that it still out paces +1 mega gyarados and it also doesn't underspeed anything it wouldn't at max.

1519522681088.png

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes/U-turn
- Water Shuriken

The next Pokemon on the team is Ash-Greninja. From the start of SM this mon has been a beast. It's dual stab + priority allows it to take on many rolls in the team to so that if one mon goes down the team doesn't fall apart. Choice specs allows me to hit very hard and means I don't lose health from life orb. Spikes help pressure defensive teams that like to switch a lot. Ash-Grens roll is mainly to wall break. One thing I am thinking of changing is spikes to u-turn. In practise I've only used

1519522768141.png

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature

- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Next is my scarfed victini. Victini also hits extremely hard with v-create and with a choice scarf it's even more powerful. The reason I went with victini is because I needed a fast fire type to threaten the grass types that threaten the other two. Victini also provides u-turn support for the team. Bolt strike is an interesting move because tapu koko provides electric terrain allowing victini to ohko spdef pex after rocks and can 2hko max hp tran after rocks. The last slot can be whatever, I never use it but I've tried a few things like grass knot for mega pert because victini out speeds adamant pert and trick for defensive teams or even final gambit. Although I don't like the idea of sacking such an important mon 1 for 1.

1519522691708.png

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

The teams set up sweeper is DD dragonium z Zygarde. This set actually puts in alot of work against teams if left healthy throughout the match and your able to widdle down its checks enough. It's actually amazing the damage output of this Pokemon sometimes, like at +2(which is what I normally aim for in a match) Zygarde can ohko defensive tangrowth after rocks, and at + 1 ohko defensive lando after rocks. Zygardes bulk allows it to set up on many Pokemon and even it's 'checks' aren't immune to it's power. Thousand arrows deals with steels and fairys pretty well and extreme speed helps it clean late game if it can't get a sweep. I tried using the double dance set with the super berry but dragonium's ability to break through grass types seems to fit this team better.

1519522845192.png

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature

- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Next is the mega of the team, Mega Diancie. Mega Diancie has an amazing ability in magic bounce that allows me to take a proactive approach at keeping hazards at bay rather than wasting precious momentum spinning or defogging. Diance is also my rocker of choice because I had nothing else that could and it does a decent job of setting them up reliably. Moonblast is a reliable, powerful special stab for diancie and diamond storm was chosen over power gem because of the defense raise threat and also being able to ohko araquanid to prevent webs and deals significant damage to special walls like chansey. Earth power ohkos heatran a common rocker and 2hkoes physdef pex which threatens toxic spikes(which are a huge problem for the team).

1519522882261.png

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

The last pokemon I knew had to be a ground resist. So far ground types destroyed the team, specifically scarf lando-t and every zygarde set. Finding an offensive grass type that could reliably deal with most zygarde variants was hard but I eventually settled on SubSeed Serperior. I'm going to admit it, this one set is broken as hell! This set allows it to beat things it should never beat, like heatran, celesteela, chansey, toxapex and much more. The only problem I've found with it is the small amount of pp leaf storm has. The amount of times this pokemon has set up and won is amazing,

Here are some replays showing how I like to use the team:

VS Venusaur stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-709059157

Showing off scarfed victini
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-708606635

DD Zygarde sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-708841397

VS Webs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-709052577

Opposing HO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-708567614

Here are some weaknesses that i've noticed:
1519525739476.png
1519896786556.png
1519525757404.png

Grass types - Specifically tangrowth, tapu bulu, and mega venusaur, grass types can take on basically my entire team, taking very little from most of my team.
1519525776740.png
1519525790883.png
1519525807402.png

Sticky Webs - If sticky web is some how able to be set, my team struggles a lot

1519630200752.png
1519897120583.png
1519630250872.png

Speed set up - This team is not bulky at all, hence if volc, mage or kommo-o are able to set up, it's pretty hard to stop if victini is gone
1519525833486.png
1519525848024.png

Defensive set up - Things like sub coil zygarde and calm mind clef are hard for the team to break through once they have set up
1519525866932.png

Chansey - Having 4 special attackers means chansey can be a bit annoying, but if hazards are up and I keep forcing switches it becomes easier
1519525887716.png

Choice scarf Tapu lele: Victini is my only check to this thing, and if rocks get up, scarfed moonblast is extremely hard to deal with, and if gren goes down it can spam psychic
These are the main things I've picked up on and want to fix, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced!!

The team:
https://pokepast.es/dc7285392862bd9d

Attachments

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey there, nice looking team. I see in the OP this was stated to be an Hyper Offense team, so I'll try to keep that mindset while rating. Just a tip to make your RMTs easier to read, I'd recommend using hide tags to condense information such as replays or a threatlist.

Overview

1520115830141.png
1520115844906.png
1520115855272.png
1520115865275.png
1520115879985.png
1520115886802.png

Scarf Kartana is rather threatening for this team, as it outpaces and can 2HKO the entire team (OHKO'ing some members) with Stealth Rock up. Due to the fragility of this team (as it is HO), it certainly struggles against any faster Pokemon as you mentioned in the OP. Scarfers or Pokemon that can set up will prove to be menacing. Pinsir-Mega has pretty much no switch-ins, and with webs it can win with little effort. A lack of a Steel-type makes the team very weak to PsychicSpam (Tapu Lele + Alakazam), offensive Fairy-types, etc. You also lack a Ground-immunity, and rain literally rips this team apart. I'll try to patch up these weaknesses and more in this rate!

Major Change(s)

1520115943360.png
>
1520115844906.png

Hawlucha > Greninja-Ash

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Hawlucha provides the team with a solid cleaner for the lategame that'll be able to abuse Tapu Koko's terrain. While Greninja's Spikes are appreciated, its wallbreaking abilities are far from required for this build. Hawlucha is able to check all of the Grass-types that wall out Tapu Koko while outpacing Choice Scarf users after Unburden. It will OHKO Tapu Lele a +2 (or even +1 if Intimidate was applied beforehand) and completely stomp out Chansey. Pinsir gets revenge killed if it were to take down Tapu Koko (assuming webs), as its Quick Attack is far from enough to OHKO at +1 Defense.

1520116267699.png
>
1520115865275.png

Landorus-Therian > Victini

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian, while its primary role is as a Suicide Lead, gives you a solid Ground-immunity. Landorus is able to really dent Pokemon such as Tapu Bulu or Clefable with its Explosion, which can gain you offensive momentum. Victini, overall, is a pretty lackluster Pokemon. Choice Scarf doesn't exactly work for it in this metagame considering that other users of the item do its job better. Thanks to Swords Dance, Landorus has ample opportunities to break past bulky set-up Pokemon as you mentioned in your threatlist.

1520116615000.png
>
1520115879985.png
(optional)
Magearna > Diancie-Mega

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 64 Def / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

To help against opposing Fairies and Psychic-types, Magearna was added over Diancie. While this set has certainly fallen from its past popularity, it still works solidly for Hyper Offensive builds. I'd like to suggest a Shuca Berry with 64 Defense to ease the Pinsir match-up. This investment means it 100% survives a +2 Earthquake after Stealth Rock and a Spike, allowing you to retaliate with at least 79% damage. Other powerful Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Zygarde will also fail to OHKO with their STABs and will be destroyed by an Ice Beam, making this a solid lure. Your Tapu Lele match-up will be moderately better in terms of switching in, but Specs sets will still do massive damage. Just try to keep up momentum like you mentioned in the original post, and you should do well against it. This change is entirely optional, though, considering that HO teams generally have a hard time switching into Pokemon. Feel free to keep Diancie, but I'd suggest Nature Power in Stealth Rock's place to work in conjunction with Tapu Koko's terrain. Even a Rock Polish set can work, but that's up to you.

Minor Change(s)

1520115830141.png

Dual Screens > Magnet Pivot

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen

This is a pretty unconventional set, but it's been working wonders for HO builds nowadays. Tapu Koko attains some respectable bulk with screens up, and thanks to its massive Base Speed, it's able to get these up rather quickly. It can Taunt Defog users or opposing Taunt users so that its screens remain up, followed by a U-turn to gain momentum or pivot into a set up sweeper like Zygarde or Hawlucha. STABs aren't run on this set, as its sheer purpose is to get up its screens consistently, but you could opt for Thunderbolt over Taunt if you truly desire it.

1520115830141.png1520115943360.png1520115855272.png1520116267699.png1520116615000.png1520115886802.png

This final team takes a lot of inspiration from one of the Sample Teams available here. I hope you enjoyed the rate and that this helped.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)