Mega-Kangourex: New to the Competitive Scene

So I think this is a decent team, but I'm not sure what tier it would be good in. I know Blaziken and Mega-Kangaskhan block me from OU, but I'm not sure if my team is up to par for Ubers. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I am new to competitive battling! :)

1. Mega-Kangaskhan (Kangourex)

Ability: Early Bird (Parental Bond)

Nature: Jolly

EV Yield: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Held Item: Kangaskhanite

· Fake Out

· Sucker Punch

· Earthquake

· Power-Up Punch

Mega-Kangaskhan is the main star of my team. However, I don’t intend for her to lead under normal circumstances. Although she has a decent base 100 speed stat (In Mega-Form) and access to two priority moves, Fake Out (90 Power counting STAB and Parental Bond) and Sucker Punch (120 Power counting Parental Bond), my insecurities cry for me to lead with my main annoyer Klefki or my Baton Passing Blaziken. With base 105 HP/100 Defense/100 Special Defense, Mega-Kangaskhan can safely switch in on opponents who lack good coverage against her. Speaking of coverage, I’ve given Mega-Kangaskhan Earthquake to counter any pesky Steel or Rock Type Pokemon that resist her priority moves. Also, I have given her Power-Up Punch as well. This allows her to easily setup on opponents that don’t have reliable defenses, as long as they don’t resist Fighting Type moves.

Mega-Kangaskhan’s EV yield compliments her decent speed and incredible attack, making her a viable sweeper. The Jolly Nature (+ Speed/ - Special Attack) gives my Level 50 Mega-Kangaskhan a good 167 Speed stat, out speeding a lot of opponents who haven’t invested in their Speed stat properly.

2. Dusclops (Téraclope)

Ability: Pressure

Nature: Calm

EV Yield: 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense, 4 HP

Held Item: Eviolite

· Will-O-Wisp

· Hex

· Toxic

· Protect

Dusclops is my team’s main crippler. Although he has a terrible Speed stat and HP stat, his 130 base stats in both defense categories make him really bulky when coupled with the Eviolite. His two main crippling moves give him good coverage, with Toxic poisoning most of the competition and Will-O-Wisp taking care of the Poison and Steel Types that don’t take any effect from Toxic. Protect serves as a stall, so that the opponent can deal with their status for another turn. It also serves as a classic way to check the opponent’s strategy. Finally, I’ve given Duslops Hex. Although it doesn’t seem solid with Dusclops’ poor Special Attack, Hex has a decent 195 base power counting STAB and if the opponent is inflicted with a status condition. I know his fault lies in recovery though, as his poor HP stat cries for some form of restoring move. The only move he gets though is Rest, which I’m a bit iffy on using because of the Sleep status than comes along with it.

Dusclops’ EV yield compliments his incredible defense stats when coupled with the Eviolite, making him a bulky crippler. The Calm Nature (+ Special Defense/ - Attack) and the Eviolite gives my Level 50 Dusclops an outstandingly good 299 Special Defense stat and a 273 Defense stat. This makes him amazingly bulky, being able to tank a lot of moves that aren’t super effective against him.

3. Espeon (Mentali)

Ability: Magic Bounce

Nature: Timid

EV Yield: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Special Defense

Held Item: Red Card

· Psychic

· Calm Mind

· Baton Pass

· Shadow Ball

Espeon is my team’s only Magic Bouncer, but also serves as a wild card as well. His good 110 base Speed stat and 130 base Special Attack stat, along with his decent 95 base Special Defense stat, makes the move set I’ve chosen very viable. Mainly, my Espeon will not be a leading Pokemon. Instead, I will use him to send out against an opponent that can easily be setup on. After one Calm Mind, my Espeon’s 113 Special Defense stat and 182 Special Attack stat become an awesome 169 and 273 respectively. It then has two options: Attack the opponent with Psychic (135 Base Power with STAB) or Shadow Ball, or Baton Pass the boost to either Klefki or Dusclops. This makes Espeon slightly unpredictable, with its choice based on what Pokemon are being used at the time. Also, I’ve given it the odd item Red Card. Surprisingly, this works well with the Entry Hazards my Klefki will lay, or potentially rob an opposing sweeper of his stat boosts.

Espeon’s EV yield compliments his good special attack stat, and his ability goes well his decent Special Defense stat. The Timid Nature (+ Speed/ - Attack) makes my Level 50 Espeon a speedy Pokemon with a good 177 Speed stat. This allows him to setup quickly before the opponent attacks, and if he faints, the opponent is surprised with being thrown out of battle from Red Card.

4. Aegislash (Exagide)

Ability: Stance Change

Nature: Impish

EV Yield: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 4 HP

Held Item: Leftovers

· King’s Shield

· Swords Dance

· Iron Head

· Shadow Claw

Aegislash is my team’s generic mixed attacker. With an alternating 150 base stat in both Attack stats and Defense stats, Aegislash can tank hits and dish them out. Aegislash can easily setup on a lot of opponents with its good resistances, raking in a boost with Swords Dance. Then, I hit hard with Iron Head (120 Base Power after STAB and may make the foe flinch) or Shadow Claw (105 Base Power after STAB and may land a critical hit). The move King Shield is necessary because it allows Aegislash to switch back to his Shield Form and potentially mess with an opponent’s Attack Stat. The protecting move also helps Aegislash get an extra bite of Leftovers, helping it recover a bit more from any hits it had taken.

Aegislash’s EV yield couples well with his alternating stats. The Impish Nature (+ Defense/ - Special Attack) makes my Level 50 Aegislash a terror when paired with his EV spread. A 222 Defense Stat, and then a 202 Attack stat on the flip side, allows Aegislash to setup easily and then massacre the competition.

5. Klefki (Trousselin)

Ability: Prankster

Nature: Calm

EV Yield: 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense, 4 HP

Held Item: Air Balloon

· Protect

· Thunder Wave

· Spikes

· Dazzling Gleam

Klefki is my team’s main annoyer and hazard spreader. Basically, he serves to send down priority Spikes or priority Thunder Wave. Klefki is special in that Thunder Wave fits perfectly with all the other Pokemon I use:

Mega-Kangaskhan: Helps Mega-Kangaskhan out speed almost everything.

Dusclops: Helps Dusclops skip a status move and go straight to using Hex. Dusclops is, in my opinion, the one who most benefits from Klefki.

Espeon: Helps Espeon out speed almost everything. Also, Spikes help Espeon rake in hazard hits with Red Card.

Aegislash: Helps Aegislash out speed some more competition, but not everything.

Blaziken: Helps Blaziken out speed almost everything.

Protect works to check the opponents strategy, and Dazzling Gleam will only be used as a STAB counter if Klefki gets dealt a Taunt. The Air Balloon gives Klefki a bit more playing time, giving it a temporary immunity to super effective Ground Type attacks.

Klefki’s EV yield is used to make something out of his decent-to-poor leveled stats. The Calm Nature (+ Special Defense/ - Attack) gives my Level 50 Klefki a decent 152 Special Defense stat. This allows him to possibly tank one, maybe two, hits given they are resisted. I didn’t invest in his Speed stat because his ability Prankster mainly covers that.

6. Blaziken (Braségali)

Ability: Speed Boost

Nature: Jolly

EV Yield: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Held Item: Life Orb

· Baton Pass

· Flare Blitz

· Stone Edge

· Power-Up Punch

Blaziken is my team’s main attacker and lead, aside from Klefki. His job is to mainly setup as much as possible, and either sweep the opposing team or Baton Pass the boosts to another Pokemon on the team. Speed Boost allows Blaziken to rack up speed boosts, and Power-Up Punch allows Blaziken setup against opponents who aren’t properly adjusted in their Defense Stat. Blaziken’s Baton Pass is helpful to almost all of my Pokemon in one way or another:

Mega-Kangaskhan: Helps Mega-Kangaskhan get some decent speed stat and attack stat boosts, making her a lot scarier.

Dusclops: Helps Dusclops improve on his terrible speed stat, potentially letting him out speed some foes with lower speed stats.

Espeon: Helps Espeon out speed some competition.

Aegislash: Helps Aegislash get some decent speed stat and attack stat boosts, similar to Kangaskhan.

Also, Blaziken has pretty good coverage when coupled with the Life Orb:

Flare Blitz (234 Base Power after STAB and Life Orb, but has bad recoil)

Stone Edge (130 Base Power after Life Orb and may land a critical hit, but poor accuracy)

Power-Up Punch (78 Base Power after STAB and Life Orb)

Blaziken’s EV yield goes well with his intended purpose. The Jolly Nature (+ Speed/ - Special Attack) gives my Level 50 Blaziken a good 145 Speed stat, and his EV yield gives him a very usable 170 Attack stat. Blaziken can easily hit the opponent hard, and help its teammates at the same time.

Hey i'll give u some advice
-Ditch this team ,
-Steal a kewl team from Rtm section, and gain some experience of the uber metagame.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey [I don't feel like typing your name out]

Well, it's not a bad attempt, but its Kyogre weak, somewhat Ekiller weak, Krom weak, Ho-Oh weak... Overall, it just needs work to survive in the Ubers meta.

I'll make the minor optimization fixes I can to the current mons (its too hard to make major fixes without changing the entire team build too much).

Dusclops is just not good enough in the ubers meta, its outclassed mostly by Support Ghostceus who at least has defog support.
Kanga without return is kinda stupid imo, it really needs it over PuP probably.
Espeon isn't bulky enough to pass CM well, and too weak to run offensive sets in ubers. Also, red card is weird.
SDef Aegislash > Current, although it's pretty much completely redundant with Klefki.
Lefties > Air Balloon on Klefki; PR > Dazzling Gleam on it too to break Xern Subs.
I don't really know where the Blaziken set is going, offensive SD is better or quick pass or something.

Good luck!

Thanks Haxiom! This is really helpful, and totally what I wanted to hear from somebody. I'll definitely consider your opinion on what route I should go with the team! The only thing I really won't change in Mega-Kangaskhan's move set. I've used Power-Up Punch and have had Power-Up Punch used on me, and it definitely works. But I do understand the lack of a decent STAB move on her.

Thanks Haxiom! This is really helpful, and totally what I wanted to hear from somebody. I'll definitely consider your opinion on what route I should go with the team! The only thing I really won't change in Mega-Kangaskhan's move set. I've used Power-Up Punch and have had Power-Up Punch used on me, and it definitely works. But I do understand the lack of a decent STAB move on her.
Change EQ to return, you need return.

Support ghosteus: 252 hp 252 speed timid judgement/willowisp/recover/defog
Keys: 252 hp 252 spdef calm Leftovers play rough/spikes/thunder wave/toxic (experience you only get if you have a black belt in jiu-jitsu: if you see a Xerneas, paralyse it if aegi is ded)
Aegi: 16 atk 252 spdef rest in hp adamant Leftovers gyro ball/kings shield/shadow sneak/toxic (always switch this in on xern)
Mewtwo over espeon: 252 sp atk 252 speed timid Life Orb psystrike/ice beam/fire blast/taunt
Blaze: adamant protect/swords dance/low kick/flare blitz.

(or something diff for ev's idc and I'm too lazy to really think)

Hope this helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)