ORAS OU Mega pinsir+Dual Scarf Offense-Top 500 ou

Oh well there goes like 80% of my rates out the window. Heyo I'm K A B U C H O P S, my alt is LOOK AT MUH and here is a quick look into my team.
As my mega I simply feel obliged to start of with it. When I made this team I just wanted to get something that had the potential to sweep entire teams after one boost. This is where Pinsir came in.

I have a Mega Pinsir and a sash Breloom, of course I would've needed something to get rid of the opposing team's rocks or other entry. Latios fit the job perfectly.
At the time my team was extremely weak to Talon and I was probably high so I came up with Breloom. This was my only check to it, providing I had rock tomb but as well as that it's proved to be useful in other cases, I.E Sporing Gliscors n_n
Keldeo is most likely to be my favourite Pokemon in the meta, I needed something that didn't mind being burned and was a Special attack and fit the FWG core I was making.
<--Yes I know that not a Lando-T. Anyway I needed something that could be able to set rocks up and act as a good pivot, this seemed to fit the job perfectly.
Heatran is a bit of an odd one; all I can say is that it completes the FWG core but I will go into depth a little bit later.
A closer look:

Dafaq is dis (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Feint
- Close Combat

This thing just kills. You Mega, you set up and once you get to +2 and talonflame is weakened you've pretty much won. I chose Feint over Quick attack because the small power drop is insignificant to me and with Feint I have extra surprise factor and likely a free kill when someone sends in a weakened Talon on my SD. Hopefully. I run CC over EQ simply because I see a lot more Steel types that are susceptible to it and as well as this I wanted to hit Rotom-W. In terms of usage I normally end up using it mid to late game and try to get an SD up before finishing of weakened opponents. The Ev spread is standard and Happiness is to confuse dittos and to finish of with Pinsir I'm going to leave you with a very important calc (imo) +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Feint vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 192-226 (64.6 - 76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

MH437 (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

Scarf Latios works surprisingly well with the team, it acts as a good revenge killer and I'm sure to get rid of Hazards that will almost certainly destroy my team Pinsir. 0 attack ivs are there so I take as little foul play damage as possible and trick is useful for gathering momentum. I.e predicted Heatran switch in, you trick and the opponent has a useless Heatran you're free to do what you want. Other than that this Latios is standard however I try to keep this alive just incase my opponent has multiple SR users (god knows why) so Pinsir can sweep.

Hit Mon Tree (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

This mon is so damn vital in my team as its pretty much the only Talonflame check I have. The speed evs exist so I can tie with Metagross and spore it before it mega evolves.
Even though this is sash I tend not to use it as my lead too often unless someone's entire team can be spored. There isn't much to say about this mon however one thing I can recommend: If the opponent has a talonscum. Do.Not.Break.Sash.

Hot (BAN ME PLEASE) ;) (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Attack
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

This has got to be my favourite Heatran set ever. This has so much surprise factor when paired up alongside Lando-T; most people assume Lando to be scarfed and Tran to be a SR'r. Flash Cannon and Overheat act as good offensive Stab, while Earth Power is mainly used to deal with other Heatrans. For the last slot I wasn't sure whether to put HP Ice, Ancient Power or Stone Edge. The reason being I want to keep a rock type move so I can Ohko (Only Miss edge kos) with Smurgen burd and Char Y whereas HP ice is more useful for taking out the occasional Garchomp or Dragonite etc. As well as this I was unsure whether to keep Overheat or replace it with something like Flamethrower so I didn't reveal the scarf too early. I keep on switching between those two moves however I settled on Overheat in the end.

MyLittlePenguin (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
IVs: 0 Attack
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald

I know I said Keldeo is my favourite pokemon in Ou and I try to get it in every team however here I wasn't using as much as I hoped, its basically just there to fill a slot. The main reason I use it is just to take status and be able to counter Bisharp well enough (when Breloom is dead) and just to get a speed drop. I also decided to use a weaker BoltBeam variant but as I said this pokemon is just filler so when you guys rate it would be great to consider a replacement as I have no idea.

Ice Beam (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Meet Ice Beam-the best Stealth rocker out there. The evs on Lando are standard (copied off smogon) and its job is pretty simple. 1: Set up rocks. 2: Gather momentum. I run Knock Off over stone edge because it's always helpful getting rid of the opponents item but I might just need to change it back to Edge so I have edgequake offense. This set is designed to be bulky but in some matches it can actually be my Win Con so I would suggest keeping it alive.

So yeah thats my team replays are below and so are the importables and shoutouts and you probably want proof of ladder so here it is: http://prntscr.com/5sunkc

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-202510339 me being a dick AND somehow beating Kloshitt at the same time.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-202782433 some low ladder shit right there

This is the bit where you give shoutouts to people in vain hope that they will like your posts
cactusrepairman for telling me how shit this team is Gizmo ty for showing me how to make an RMT. I didnt know what the flying fuck I was doing.
Swirlyder Swirlix

and heres the importable
Hit Mon Tree (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Feint
- Close Combat

Hot (BAN ME PLEASE) ;) (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

MH437 (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
-
- Psyshock
- Defog

MyLittlePenguin (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
-
- Scald

Ice Beam (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spe
Impish Nature
-
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Before I leave you to rate I would like to leave you with this,,,.

Attachments

Last edited:
Feint seems much too situational to be worth it, imo. I see what you're trying to do, but you have an Ancient Power Heatran which can handle SD T-Flame decently. Pinsir is better for cleaning up late-game, ideally when Talon's already been removed; QA helps you do that more reliably than Feint helps you handle T-Flame.
Defog on a Scarfed Lati is also not a good option, it's worse than Scarfed Exca with Rapid Spin, the ultimate momentum killer. Just run Life Orb and Recover or a coverage attack (probably Thunderbolt to deal with some bulky Water threats) over Trick Scarf Defog.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The most apparent weakness your teams is a very common one, that being a weakness to Mega Sableye. You simply have no good way of breaking past it and it walls a large portion of your team. The obvious solution would just be to run a fairy type on your team, and this would probably work well since that gives you a nice Fairy/Steel/Dragon core. Clefable specifically fits well in your team, also dealing with other pretty dangerous Pokemon like Latios, Mega Manectric, Rotom-W, Mega Aerodactyl, and Keldeo to some extent. As for what to replace, Breloom and Keldeo don't seem to useful, but without Keldeo, Bisharp becomes a huge threat, while Breloom only really takes care of Mega Slowbro which Clefable can handle decently anyway (especially if it's Unaware which you may want to run for that specific reason+handling CM Mega Sableye, DD Mega Altaria and NP Thundurus). The only problem is that this makes you more vulnerable to Mega-Metagross who is already a huge threat.

Your team is also kinda weak to Fairy types, specifically those that can break past Heatran such as Azumarill and Rock Polish Mega Diancie and to a lesser extent DD EQ Mega-Altaria. Ferrothorn could fit on your team since it handles those well, it also deals with Mega Metagross okay (although it isn't a counter because of Hammer Arm, it does wear it down thanks to Iron Barbs), wear down Mega-Slowbro and restores the FWG core assuming you went with Clefable over Breloom. Since it acts both as a rock setter and a physical wall, running it over Landorus-T makes sense, and although it makes your team more vulnerable to Fighting types like Mega Gallade if you run Clefable this isn't too much of a problem. You also become a bit weaker to Talonflame but you still have Scarf Heatran to check it so that's fine.

I personally don't think you need a Choice Scarf on Latios as much as the ability to a) have more freedom to Defog for Pinsir b) deal more damage to dangerous switichins such as Metagross and and b) switch into Rotom-W / Keldeo / Thundurus / Mega Manectric / Electric and Water types in general more consistently, which is why I would run Life Orb Latios with Roost instead.

Finally, on this specific team I think Earthquake may be worth it over Close Combat on Mega Pinsir given that it hits Mega Metagross and Mega Diancie, two huge threats to your team, much harder, though if you don't run Roost on Latios I can definitely see how CC would be preferrable since then Rotom-W becones a huge pain and you don't need EQ nearly as much if you run Ferrothorn so this is up to you. Also, run Hyper Cutter on Pinsir, Mold Breaker is worthless especially if you run Close Combat and Hyper Cutter stops Landorus-T and Mega Manectric from cutting down your Attack if they switch in on you as you Mega. Finally, your team doesn't strike me as weak enough to Talonflame to justify Feint at all given that you have Heatran as well as Defensive Landorus-T. Besides, if you're really scared of Talonflame, it's a much better idea to run Stone Edge or Rock Slide over Knock Off on Landorus-T than Feint on Pinsir.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard / Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Softboiled / Moonlight / Wish
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower / Thunder Wave / Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect / Power Whip

MH437 (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Feint
- Earthquake

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)