SM OU META-DESTROYER: Anti-Meta Hyper Offense Team!

Hello I'm Cleska
and I'm in the 1500 ELOs. My favorite pokemon and generation are Feraligatr and Pokemon generation 5.

I'm here to present to you guys my new team with the one I just keep spanking people out here.^^
I'll begin by talking about the pokemons, then I'll do a little paragraph on the game plan with this team.
Also, I'm french so be indulgent with my grammar. But don't hesitate to state if there si too much orthograph fault I'll do my best to correct myself^^.
After my last presentation on RMT with my team: UrsaKing of Trick Room (link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-ursaking-of-trick-room.3606963/ ) and my Team Perfect Wish(link:https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ky-offense-and-survival.3607521/#post-7414406 ), I have a new team for you guys: META-DESTROYER. Everything is said one the title, so let's jump right into the team presentation:

aggron-mega.gif
darmanitan.gif
tapufini.gif
zeraora.gif
staraptor.gif
haxorus.gif

Anti-Meta Hyper Offense Team: META-DESTROYER!

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Avalanche
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock​

Usually the stater at every matches. I'm currently ok with the fact that he's in UU, but damn, don't sleep on him, The insane movepool he has, plus his builk and raw power, make him a REAL THREAT! I gave him Max hp and Max Atk with Adamant Nature, since he have already so much defense. With this, he's tanky and hit hard! And don't even think for a SECOND that Lando-T have a chance against him! Why? let's check his moveset:
The first move is Avalanche. This move is INCREDIBLE! That is exactly what a slow bulky offense pokemon like him need to step-up versus Lando-T or other pokemon who are weak to ice. You can watch my replays I just destroy EVERY LANDO-T in front of me! The fact is that if he's banded, his EQ do only about 44% damages! And know that a non-bulky Lando get OHKO by Aggron-M Avalanche EVEN under Intimidation. So this move is a gift from Gamefreak and really shouldn't be slept on. Then you have Heavy Slam for obvious reasons. Same for EQ. Those 3 moves give him a good coverage actually considering the rest of the team, so I go with Stealth Rock to annoy the foe, and also because the next pokemon I'm going to introduce is taking a REALLY good advantage of that: Let's talk about one the most DESTRUCTIVE pokemon: Darumanitan!

Gongori (Darmanitan) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
No surprise tricks here: He's just gonna Flare Blitz throught EVERYTHING! When this Blazing gorilla is on the field, Choice Banded, there is no tank for him, only checks AT THE VERY LEAST. Even Toxapex dies after 2 of them depending of his nature and EVs and he it has Leftovers or not. One of my fav pokemons for this reason. And he look so savage I love it! NO STALL-ZONE!(Yes, abusive stall team in OU is way too frequent and that is bad and dirty. We gotta punish those bad trainer!).
Max Atk and Max speed with Adamant Nature, Flare Blitz, EQ for Heatran, Stone Miss for Flying types and U-turn to allow me to keep the advantage if the foe make a good switch.
A top 3 best bruiser free, but he got all the weakness that A LOT of fire type poks have: hasards, low defenses, meh typing coverage,only on attack choice, ect... To cover these, another tank was needed. Tapu Fini, It's your turn!

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Haze
- Defog​

Well, we all know what this pokemon is capable of. Great Tank/support with good types that cover a lots of weakness on my team. I choose him with max Hp and max Defense with Calm nature. With this, she can tank both physic and magic atks. Then I use Haze, because letting people setup on me is something I REALLY hate, and is team is kinda weak to this kind of pokemon too. Since the majority of the team isn't that fast. It's really help the team to survive then revenge kill with ease after. Defog for blow away hazard and walls in the field. a must for my team. Moonblast for obvious reasons and Surf too. (yeah Surf and not Scald, cause if you don't know, ailment doesn't work on Misty Terrain except for flying types, but who cares lol Surf deal more damage.( And I HATE Scald. This is a move for coward in my opinion).
This pokemon really help me to regain control of the match and I'm really glad they made this pokemon. Another pokemon that really help me to gain/keep control of the match is a pokemon that also cover Tapu Fini's weakness: Zeraora!

zeraora.gif

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Lonely Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Close Combat​

I've literraly DREAMED of this kind of pokemon! Electrik type, fast and hit hard on both size! And with a good movepool too and covering his own type perfectly! Really I'm so glad that Gamefreak made it a reality! He's max atk and max speed since I play him mostly with physical attacks, but I go for the Lonely nature since I don't want to weaken Volt Switch power, and he's not that tanky to begin with. Plasma Fist cause it's his Signature move (Don't care what you think I will always use the signature moves XD), powerfull, 100% precision, finally a good phisical electrik move. Then Volt Switch for the same reasons as Darumanitan's U-turn, Knock Off of course, because not only it's gonna hit hard, but you supress people items, perfect for Chansey and other tank AND for punishing switching. Also, since I don't have any other Dark Type move, I think that this move is really needed. Then Close Combat to Smack up all those dirty Steel types like Ferro and tanky abomination like Chansey along the Life Orb item because without it his damage are kinda meh. With this, the team has a big offensive type coverage. I can hit hard on everything I need to kill.
He is the second starter when Aggron can't really do much versus the foe starter, and when he die, I gotta revenge the dude. It's up to you, Staraptor!

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn
The revenge killer of the team. He got a lot of things that my team needed to really be threatning: Flying type to cover my double weakness to Ground Type(since with Aggron-M's Avalanche and his defense, It's not even a weakness anymore XD), High speed with the Choice Scarf for the revenge kill, big damage with perfect coverage and Reckless ability, U-turn to keep advantage, Double-Edge is really usefull since you can use it instead of Close Combat in certain situation, ect... he do what he's designed for^^, and when his job is done, Haxorus A.K.A The Bahamut jump in the ring to finish the rest.

Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
The Finisher. his role is to exterminate the weaklings after all the pokemon that can tank him or who can give him problem due to his low defenses are gone. Max speed and max Atk with Jolly Nature, because pokemon in this meta are too fast so after a DD, he need to outspeed Revenge Killers. Draconium Z is perfect in this case since Tapu Fini nullifie ailment. If it wasn't the case I would have go for Lum Berrie, perfect to lure out the Rotoms that always want to burn you. I think with him that Outrage is better than Dragon Claw. Does way more dmg, and you need to kill with the less number of turns. Fairy type isn't a problem since I gave him Poison jab. With a DD, He can wash out every Fairy in the game, plus EQ for Steel type and Poison type pokemon.
For his weakness, I'm sure you know it well too: Meh defenses, making things hard for placing the DD, Ice type, ect... But honestly, in term of dmg, his on the map!

Now let's talk a bit about the game plan(only my opinion ok?^^):
  • If the foe starter is Lando-T, Garchomp, or other pokemon that can't do much to Aggron-M, send him right away and setup the hazard. The other choice is to go with Zeraora for mons that setup the weather for exemple, or if the pokemon is weak to Electrik.
  • DO NOT HAVE FEAR! PLAY WITH YOUR BALLS ON THE TABLE AND ATTACK SAVAGELY! This team have so high damage and bulk+surprise moves you gotta take advantage of this. Do not respect stall player/ Bland/not Bland OU team user. You have all you need to counter them.
  • Haze setup pokemon as fast as you can, even if it's mean letting Tapu Fini die for it. It's better than seeing the team entirely swept.
  • When a pokemon dies, depending on the situation, send Darumanitan or Staraptor. Almost 100% that one pokemon will die.
  • Keep Tapu Fini alive the longest time possible (until no hazard can be up for the rest of the match
And that is it. Honestly, there is just some tricky yet powefull moves on the team, but the rest from your point of view will be really one sided: Attack Savagely and with no respect WHATSOEVER. Few people will be aware of what is awaiting them so don't hesitate and take them by surprise^^ with merciless and powerful attacks. Of course, this team have clear weakness: All setup pokemon that are faster that Staraptor after a DD for example will most likely do you a lot of harm(shout out to Zard-X). Also, their is somes OU pokemons that are faster that almost the whole team and that can OHKO some of them(Greninja for example), so you'll be facing some hard times when you'll be obliged to relie on Aggron-M or Tapu Fini, but these times will be recompesated with big damages. Honestly I've spanked so many cheeks with this team that is incredible.

Please rate my team, comment on possible counter or Big counter, what pokemon you would have use for a precise role and what moveset you think is better, what you like/dislike in this team, ect... like that I can work on this team a bit more.

If you want to watch my records, go on the replay section of the Showdown game and search for Cleska or Shinjacky (especially for this team).

Thanks you for reading it and have a good day^^.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)