Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAMP

MAMP!
here's some meta concepts that i cant submit bc i'm already running 2, do with them what you will

Ability^2
Mechanic: Every Pokemon gets 2 instances of its ability. For example:
  • Intimidate lowers attack by 2 stages when switching in
  • Swift Swim quadruples the users speed under rain (doubles then doubles again)
  • Moxie gives +2 attack whenever you get a kill
  • Tough Claws gives a 1.69x boost to contact moves
  • Regenerator Pokemon recover 2/3 of their HP when switching out
  • Pokemon lose 1/4 of their HP when they hit a Pokemon with Iron Barbs or Rough Skin
  • Storm Drain Pokemon get +2 Special Attack when they're hit by a water move
  • etc.
Bans: Huge Power and Pure Power (Mega Medicham gets more than 1300 Attack unboosted), Serene Grace (Jirachi and Togekiss with 100% flinch chance Iron Head/Air Slash, 40% freeze chance Ice Punch, 40% boosts with Ancient Power)

Sets:

Greninja @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Thanks to Torrent^2, Greninja's Water moves are boosted by 2.25x at 1/3 HP or less. Similar to SubPetaya Empoleon from DPP, this set spams Substitute until it gets low enough to activate Torrent and the Petaya Berry, then blows foes away with obscenely powerful Hydro Pumps. Ice Beam, Hidden Power Fire, and Extrasensory are solid alternative coverage moves to hit Grass-types, Ferrothorn, and Toxapex respectively.

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z / Gyaradosite
Ability: Moxie / Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce / Crunch
- Waterfall / Ice Fang
- Earthquake / Taunt

Gyarados benefits hugely from both of its abilities being doubled. Moxie^2 gives Gyarados a massive +2 attack whenever it gets a KO, making it very easy for it to spiral out of control. On the Gyaradosite set, Intimidate^2 drops foe's attack by 2 stages, making it very easy for Gyarados to set up some Dragon Dances.

Enemies in Crime / Sharing is Caring / PiC Singles
Mechanic: Your active Pokemon shares its moves/ability with the opponent's active Pokemon, a la Partners in Crime. You can still use their moves on the turn that they switch out.

This metagame incentivises a very different style of teambuilding. Pokemon that run coverage that they're weak to have to be concerned about giving those moves to their opponents. The best Pokemon are the ones that have moves and abilities that their opponents usually will not be able to take advantage of, like Celesteela's Heavy Slam or Greninja's Battle Bond, and Pokemon that resist their own STABs and coverage.

Some Pokemon are crippled by sharing their ability with the opponent: Landorus-Therian gets intimidated by every Pokemon on the opponent's team, Sand Rush Excadrill's speed boost is irrelevant when the other Pokemon gets it too, and Heatran can't use fire moves because it gives Flash Fire to the opponent.

Sets:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Hoopa's Hyperspace Fury is hardcoded to only work when used by Hoopa itself, giving it a very strong STAB option that can't be used against it.

Ability Chain
Mechanic: Each Pokemon's ability is replaced with the ability of the Pokemon that was out before it. For example: you switch from Heatran to Ferrothorn, and now Ferrothorn has Flash Fire. Then Ferrothorn is knocked out and you send in Tornadus-Therian, which gets Iron Barbs from Ferrothorn. Tornadus U-turns into Greninja, and Greninja gets Tornadus' Regenerator. The lead Pokemon will have its own ability.

Bans: Shedinja (bc it can recieve Sturdy and pass Wonder Guard), Huge Power and Pure Power, maybe Simple/Contrary/etc, Regigigas, Slaking

This metagame poses an interesting teambuilding dilemma: is it worth it to run bad Pokemon like Furfrou and Sharpedo to pass on their powerful abilities? Or is it better to run generally good Pokemon with weaker abilities? Synergy in teambuilding is heavily prioritised, and you can create long chains of abilities — sequences of Pokemon where each passes a beneficial ability to the next.

Pokemon that have powerful abilities but aren't completely reliant on them are ideal in this metagame. Greninja passes the very powerful Protean to its teammates, and can take advantage of heaps of abilities, like Magearna's Soul Heart or Marowak-A's Lightning Rod.

Many of the obscenely powerful abilities that had to be banned in AAA may be balanced here by the mechanics of the metagame; sure, you can run things like Contrary Latios, but to do so you have to run non-Contrary Serperior and you have to switch from Serperior into Latios. Powerful ability recipients like Keldeo and Zygarde pass very weak abilities to their teammates. It's hard to say whether some of these abilities would still be broken considering these limitations, but I feel like things like Fur Coat or Water Bubble likely would not be.

Sets:

Latios @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Calm Mind / Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

Here's a core: both Magearna and Latios make good use of each others ability and can switch in against some of the Pokemon that check the other. Latios can take advantage of Soul Heart to bolster its sweeping potential and can switch in on Fire moves aimed at Magearna. Magearna loves Levitate to remove its Ground weakness and increase its defensive capabilities, and can switch in on Ice, Dark, Fairy and Dragon moves aimed at Latios. Magearna can also slow pivot with Volt Switch to pass Soul Heart around.

here's some meta concepts that i cant submit bc i'm already running 2, do with them what you will

Ability^2
Mechanic: Every Pokemon gets 2 instances of its ability. For example:
  • Intimidate lowers attack by 2 stages when switching in
  • Swift Swim quadruples the users speed under rain (doubles then doubles again)
  • Moxie gives +2 attack whenever you get a kill
  • Tough Claws gives a 1.69x boost to contact moves
  • Regenerator Pokemon recover 2/3 of their HP when switching out
  • Pokemon lose 1/4 of their HP when they hit a Pokemon with Iron Barbs or Rough Skin
  • Storm Drain Pokemon get +2 Special Attack when they're hit by a water move
  • etc.
Bans: Huge Power and Pure Power (Mega Medicham gets more than 1300 Attack unboosted), Serene Grace (Jirachi and Togekiss with 100% flinch chance Iron Head/Air Slash, 40% freeze chance Ice Punch, 40% boosts with Ancient Power)

Sets:

Greninja @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Thanks to Torrent^2, Greninja's Water moves are boosted by 2.25x at 1/3 HP or less. Similar to SubPetaya Empoleon from DPP, this set spams Substitute until it gets low enough to activate Torrent and the Petaya Berry, then blows foes away with obscenely powerful Hydro Pumps. Ice Beam, Hidden Power Fire, and Extrasensory are solid alternative coverage moves to hit Grass-types, Ferrothorn, and Toxapex respectively.

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z / Gyaradosite
Ability: Moxie / Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce / Crunch
- Waterfall / Ice Fang
- Earthquake / Taunt

Gyarados benefits hugely from both of its abilities being doubled. Moxie^2 gives Gyarados a massive +2 attack whenever it gets a KO, making it very easy for it to spiral out of control. On the Gyaradosite set, Intimidate^2 drops foe's attack by 2 stages, making it very easy for Gyarados to set up some Dragon Dances.
This is basically Powered Up (which was admittedly cool).

Mechanic: Your active Pokemon shares its moves/ability with the opponent's active Pokemon, a la Partners in Crime. You can still use their moves on the turn that they switch out.

This metagame incentivises a very different style of teambuilding. Pokemon that run coverage that they're weak to have to be concerned about giving those moves to their opponents. The best Pokemon are the ones that have moves and abilities that their opponents usually will not be able to take advantage of, like Celesteela's Heavy Slam or Greninja's Battle Bond, and Pokemon that resist their own STABs and coverage.

Some Pokemon are crippled by sharing their ability with the opponent: Landorus-Therian gets intimidated by every Pokemon on the opponent's team, Sand Rush Excadrill's speed boost is irrelevant when the other Pokemon gets it too, and Heatran can't use fire moves because it gives Flash Fire to the opponent.

Sets:

Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Hoopa's Hyperspace Fury is hardcoded to only work when used by Hoopa itself, giving it a very strong STAB option that can't be used against it.
Less certain about this, but it also looks familiar (still cool though). Also, why mention Hoopa's Hyperspace Fury when it's a move and not an abiity?

Also, an interesting strategy might be running pokemon with detrimental abilities to cripple the opponent.

Ability Chain
Mechanic: Each Pokemon's ability is replaced with the ability of the Pokemon that was out before it. For example: you switch from Heatran to Ferrothorn, and now Ferrothorn has Flash Fire. Then Ferrothorn is knocked out and you send in Tornadus-Therian, which gets Iron Barbs from Ferrothorn. Tornadus U-turns into Greninja, and Greninja gets Tornadus' Regenerator. The lead Pokemon will have its own ability.

Bans: Shedinja (bc it can recieve Sturdy and pass Wonder Guard), Huge Power and Pure Power, maybe Simple/Contrary/etc, Regigigas, Slaking

This metagame poses an interesting teambuilding dilemma: is it worth it to run bad Pokemon like Furfrou and Sharpedo to pass on their powerful abilities? Or is it better to run generally good Pokemon with weaker abilities? Synergy in teambuilding is heavily prioritised, and you can create long chains of abilities — sequences of Pokemon where each passes a beneficial ability to the next.

Pokemon that have powerful abilities but aren't completely reliant on them are ideal in this metagame. Greninja passes the very powerful Protean to its teammates, and can take advantage of heaps of abilities, like Magearna's Soul Heart or Marowak-A's Lightning Rod.

Many of the obscenely powerful abilities that had to be banned in AAA may be balanced here by the mechanics of the metagame; sure, you can run things like Contrary Latios, but to do so you have to run non-Contrary Serperior and you have to switch from Serperior into Latios. Powerful ability recipients like Keldeo and Zygarde pass very weak abilities to their teammates. It's hard to say whether some of these abilities would still be broken considering these limitations, but I feel like things like Fur Coat or Water Bubble likely would not be.

Sets:

Latios @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Calm Mind / Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

Here's a core: both Magearna and Latios make good use of each others ability and can switch in against some of the Pokemon that check the other. Latios can take advantage of Soul Heart to bolster its sweeping potential and can switch in on Fire moves aimed at Magearna. Magearna loves Levitate to remove its Ground weakness and increase its defensive capabilities, and can switch in on Ice, Dark, Fairy and Dragon moves aimed at Latios. Magearna can also slow pivot with Volt Switch to pass Soul Heart around.
Even less certain, but also feels familiar. Again, really cool idea though.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Enemies in Crime is similar to that metagame where you choose 2 moves and gain the opponent's 2 moves as well (I don't remember what it was called).

As for Ability Chain, it sounds broke because you could just switch chain things like Intimidate and Regenerator and PP stall/Life Orb Stall the opponent.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Got some ideas.

upload_2017-10-24_21-23-58.png

Hot Ground

Metagame premise:

Hell-themed metagame. The battlefield is a hot ground where any non-Fire type Pokemon that does not move to airborne or switch out in 5 turns will faint. This means Flying-type will be freely roaming around while Fire-types can make themselves home.

It can be OU / Ubers banlist but I have a feeling that Ubers will be more fun for some reason.

Potential bans and threats:

No initial banlist seem necessary at this point. All I can say are:

- Hazard stacking will be more prominent since a lot of switches will happen.
- The premise is double-edged sword: while they are safe from the countdown, they mostly suffer from entry hazards that will be prevalent. I can see stuff like Tornadus-T and Skarmory being very good 'mons to use.
- Rip stall?

Questions for the community:

* Should Fire-type be affected by countdown as well?
* Should the countdown turn be longer so stall won't suffer?

--​

upload_2017-10-24_21-36-40.png

Hemorrhage
Metagame premise:

Pokemon take a lot of damage from various hits from battles. What if, those attacks cause Pokemon to "bleed", and make them take residual damage? In this metagame, you pass on bleeding effects to each other with attacks.

Say, turn 1. Magikarp attacks Chansey with Tackle, Chansey gains bleeding effect and loses 1/16 of its health per turn. But if Chansey hits back Magikarp with Seismic Toss, Chansey loses bleeding effect and now Magikarp loses 1/16 of its health per turn. Bleeding effects will be gone upon switching out. Substitute cannot be affected by bleeding effect.

tldr; if you are attacked you periodically take damage like you do from trapping moves.

This also can be OU / Ubers based.

No bans I guess until this gets to progress as a metagame lol. What I can say are:

- Magic Guard users like Clefable will sponge attacks well
- All pokemon that have ambiguous chances to 2HKO a target will no longer be super-reliant on hazards since the turn walls switch in, they will bleed for a turn.
- Stuff like Magma Storm Heatran might be a serious threat because it just takes away 1/4 health off of any 'mon it traps.

* Should bleeding effect do 1/8 or more health per turn if 1/16 seems too weak? Should the damage increase exponentially like Toxic poison does?
* Is this capable of being coded?
* Is the theme appropriate?

--​

Uselesscrab Sorry for tag but I wanted to leave a general question about whether metagames based on Battle Spot premises will be accepted. I personally think stuff like Battle Spot BH will be really fun, where you bring 6 pokemon but only get to use 3, making the game 3v3 singles.

Last edited:
Got some ideas.

View attachment 90107

Hot Ground

Metagame premise:

Hell-themed metagame. The battlefield is a hot ground where any non-Fire type Pokemon that does not move to airborne or switch out in 5 turns will faint. This means Flying-type will be freely roaming around while Fire-types can make themselves home.

It can be OU / Ubers banlist but I have a feeling that Ubers will be more fun for some reason.

- The premise is double-edged sword: while they are safe from the countdown, they mostly suffer from entry hazards that will be prevalent. I can see stuff like Tornadus-T and Skarmory being very good 'mons to use.
- Rip stall?

--​

View attachment 90109

Hemorrhage
Metagame premise:

Pokemon take a lot of damage from various hits from battles. What if, those attacks cause Pokemon to "bleed", and make them take residual damage? In this metagame, you pass on bleeding effects to each other with attacks.

Say, turn 1. Magikarp attacks Chansey with Tackle, Chansey gains bleeding effect and loses 1/16 of its health per turn. But if Chansey hits back Magikarp with Seismic Toss, Chansey loses bleeding effect and now Magikarp loses 1/16 of its health per turn. Bleeding effects will be gone upon switching out. Substitute cannot be affected by bleeding effect.

tldr; if you are attacked you periodically take damage like you do from trapping moves.

No bans I guess until this gets to progress as a metagame lol. What I can say are:

- All pokemon that have ambiguous chances to 2HKO a target will no longer be super-reliant on hazards since the turn walls switch in, they will bleed for a turn.
- Stuff like Magma Storm Heatran might be a serious threat because it just takes away 1/4 health off of any 'mon it traps.

* Should bleeding effect do 1/8 or more health per turn if 1/16 seems too weak? Should the damage increase exponentially like Toxic poison does?

--​

Uselesscrab Sorry for tag but I wanted to leave a general question about whether metagames based on Battle Spot premises will be accepted. I personally think stuff like Battle Spot BH will be really fun, where you bring 6 pokemon but only get to use 3, making the game 3v3 singles.
remove the damned image man some people don't like blood ffs seriously i did not need to see that

Got some ideas.

View attachment 90107

Hot Ground

Metagame premise:

- Rip stall?

--​

View attachment 90109

Hemorrhage
Metagame premise:

--​

well first of all smh hemorrhage is internal bleeding why do you have an image of someone with a paper cut for a metagame called hemorrhage

Battle Spot-inspired metagames sound really cool, though they are basically uncharted territory for OMs. As long as they can easily be coded, they are fine. If you want to make a new metagame with a 3v3 concept, go ahead and submit it. If you want to play something like Battle Spot BH, it's more likely that you would have to lead a "3v3 OM Megathread" or something of the sort, which I wouldn't be necessarily opposed to, but it's worth consulting the mods to see how they feel.

In general though, we won't categorically reject metagames based on such a premise or anything like that.

Sets:

Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Swoobat @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Klutz
Evs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Imprison
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Air Slash

Swoobat is the second-fastest legal Imprison user, after Azelf, but Azelf really wants to be able to use Choice Scarf to keep up with other Scarf leads, and locking yourself into Imprison is a strategy that fails against repeated switches from the opponent. Meanwhile, Swoobat's solution against Scarf is much more manageable: prevent their items from working entirely. It's too bad Swoobat doesn't have any reasonable way to raise its physical defense, to cut down on damage from opposing Struggles should they decide to stay in, but for the most part it should be able to manage that with Roost. Remember that Imprison doesn't end when the opponent switches out, only when you do, so the new arrivals are just as helpless from the get-go, and if they have any moves worth stealing, you can use those too.

Prankster Sableye brings an interesting variation on this set: the opponent will probably be faster, but Sableye's Imprison comes with priority, and if they try to use Imprison first, it will fail because they have Prankster too and will thus whiff against the Dark-type. However, this leaves Sableye wide open for an opposing switch to their own Dark, so no one gets anywhere...unless you Mega Evolve and thereby lose Prankster (except against Murkrow, Liepard, or another Sableye)! Imprison actually goes through Magic Bounce, but the one thing it doesn't go through is Snatch, which you can add to the set for even more mind games (as long as you're not mega, Snatch will likewise get a prankster bonus and thus fail for the opponent, even though that bonus is the irrelevant +4->+5).

So yeah, teams are going to need to have some Dark types if for no other reason than the Prankster interaction.

I've tried to code some of these on ROM.

.:A Berry Useful Immunity:.
Granting an immunity to supereffective moves was straightforward to code. Granting immunity stealth rock or status would be doable, except for the bit about Wacan Berry granting immunity to Thunder Wave but not Glare, at which point, you're only granting immunity to the move again, so I wasn't sure what to do there. Type changes would require a berry suitable for the new type. Scrappy would only apply when using a Fighting type move against Doublade, Froslass, or Sableye, which would be a very specific use of a Chople berry.

Plates and Crystals - PAC
I can stop plates from being knocked off in two ways. Unfortunately the easy way works by cloning Sticky Hold which means that Knock Off still gets its 50% boost...

Hi guys, I just thought of a new OM. It's basically an OM where every Pokemon can learn any move that another Pokemon it shares a type with on the team can learn.
Unfortunately the team members are validated individually so it would be very difficult to check moves against other team members' movesets.

I've tried to code some of these on ROM.

Granting an immunity to supereffective moves was straightforward to code. Granting immunity stealth rock or status would be doable, except for the bit about Wacan Berry granting immunity to Thunder Wave but not Glare, at which point, you're only granting immunity to the move again, so I wasn't sure what to do there. Type changes would require a berry suitable for the new type. Scrappy would only apply when using a Fighting type move against Doublade, Froslass, or Sableye, which would be a very specific use of a Chople berry.

I can stop plates from being knocked off in two ways. Unfortunately the easy way works by cloning Sticky Hold which means that Knock Off still gets its 50% boost...

Unfortunately the team members are validated individually so it would be very difficult to check moves against other team members' movesets.
Is the other method of stopping plates from being knocked off simply to make the move fail when used? Just wanting to know.

Is the other method of stopping plates from being knocked off simply to make the move fail when used? Just wanting to know.
No, it involves modifying battle mechanics so that Plates are inherently sticky in the same way that Z-Crystals are. The downside of directly modifying mechanics like this is that it increases the load on the server, because the battle needs to use a cloned set of mechanics.

Welcome to Hot&Cold, where you can have a weather for every single type.
Basically, every Pokemon can set up a weather of it's own using their HP (Hidden Power) type!
The weather will boost moves of that type by 50% and hinder moves of the opposite type by 50%.
Confusing? Let me explain

Example 1: You have a Hydreigon with IV's for HP Dragon. In-battle, you will be
able to summon the Dragon-Type weather. Dragon-Type moves now gain a 50% boost in power,
while Fairy-Type moves will have their power hindered by 50% because that is the opposite type
of Dragon-Type.

Example 2: You have a Bisharp with IV's for HP Dark. In-battle, you will be
able to summon the Dark-Type weather. Dark-Type moves now gain a 50% boost in power,
while Psychic-Type moves will have their power hindered by 50% (not that it really helps Bisharp,
but you could switch into a Fighting or Poison-Type and have it take neutral damage from
Psychic-Type moves) because that is the opposite type of the Dark-Type.

List of opposite types Pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/xxJ5yZ9L

Strategy: You might want to run a speedy Focus Sash Pokemon. First turn, set up the weather, use some sort of boosting move, live on at least one HP because of FS. Then proceed to Sweep the rest of the team. To break FS, try running entry hazards and then attack. Watch out
for Alakazam though, it's speedy, can hit hard and is immune to Entry Hazards due to Magic Guard. Make sure you have have a Focus Sash Pokemon of your own with a Priority move to counter it.

Q&As:

Q: Do you need to have HP in your moveset to be able to summon the weather?
A: No, you just need the IV's for that HP type.

Q: At the beginning of the battle, which teams Pokemons weather is summoned?
A: It will be a 50/50 chance, unless only one active Pokemon has the item called Climate Orb (select Stick in teambuilder), if so: then that Pokemon's weather
summoned

Q: How do you summon the weather?
A: There will be an option to do that (it will be similar to the Mega-Evolution and Z-Move options).

Q: How long do the weathers last?
A: They last 5 turns. 8 turns if you have the item called Climate Orb.

Q: Can the weathers replace each other.
A: Yes, but only 3 turns (6, if you have the item called Climate Orb) after the first weather has been summoned (even if you are trying to replace your own
weather).

Q: Do the weathers do passive damage like Sandstorm or Hail?
A: No, this is based off of Sun and Rain, and how they hinder each other and boost themselves.

Q: Are terrain moves and abilities allowed?
A: No, because that would be to broken and 4/6 of everybody's team would be filled with Tapus.

Q: Are normal weather moves allowed. I.E. Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm and Hail?
A: No, because that would create to much confusion.

Q: What about Fairy-Type and Normal-Type weather? How do you summon that?
A: If you run 31 IVs on every stat, then the weather you summon will be Fairy-Type.
If you run 30 IVs on every stat, then the weather you summon will be Normal-Type.
Note: Even if you will be able to summon Fairy-Type weather with 31 IV's in every stat,
your HP type will still be Dark-Type and even if you will be able to summon Normal-Type
weather with 31 IVs in every stat, your HP type will still be Fighting-Type.

Q: Is this playable
A: Not yet, but I will ask Urkerab (the coder who created ROM) to implement this.
Link to the ROM server: rom.psim.us

Q: Is it ok for me to make a custom banner for this OM, because the one you stole from the internet sucks?
A: Feel free! You can either post a reply to this suggestion or PM me at Insane Mangoes on Pokemon Showdown or ROM.

Q: Does Castform get a buff?
A: Yes, Castform will have a 33% chance to be able to summon a new weather even if 3 turns since the old weather has not passed. Additionally, Castform's new
Base Stats will be 65/65/90/130/90/105 making it's BST (Base Stat Total) 550

Ruleset: Standard Gen 7 OU
Bans: Drizzle, Rain Dance, Drought, Sunny Day, Electric Surge, Electric Terrain,
Psychic Surge, Psychic Terrain, Grassy Surge, Grassy Terrain, Air Lock, Cloud Nine
Unbans: Aegislash, Landorus-Incarnate, Moody Clause
You are allowed a maximum of 2 Pokemon with the item Climate Orb per team.

I hope you enjoyed this idea! I spent a lot of time coming up with this idea, it would mean a lot to me if you could share your thoughts and comments.
Well, have a nice day.

Last edited:

pazza

Banned deucer.

Welcome to Hot&Cold, where you can have a weather for every single type.
Basically, every Pokemon can set up a weather of it's own using their HP (Hidden Power) type!
The weather will boost moves of that type by 50% and hinder moves of the opposite type by 50%.
Confusing? Let me explain

Example 1: You have a Hydreigon with IV's for HP Dragon. In-battle, you will be
able to summon the Dragon-Type weather. Dragon-Type moves now gain a 50% boost in power,
while Fairy-Type moves will have their power hindered by 50% because that is the opposite type
of Dragon-Type.

Example 2: You have a Bisharp with IV's for HP Dark. In-battle, you will be
able to summon the Dark-Type weather. Dark-Type moves now gain a 50% boost in power,
while Psychic-Type moves will have their power hindered by 50% (not that it really helps Bisharp,
but you could switch into a Fighting or Poison-Type and have it take neutral damage from
Psychic-Type moves) because that is the opposite type of the Dark-Type.

List of opposite types Pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/xxJ5yZ9L

Strategy: You might want to run a speedy Focus Sash Pokemon. First turn, set up the weather, use some sort of boosting move, live on at least one HP because of FS. Then proceed to Sweep the rest of the team. To break FS, try running entry hazards and then attack. Watch out
for Alakazam though, it's speedy, can hit hard and is immune to Entry Hazards due to Magic Guard. Make sure you have have a Focus Sash Pokemon of your own with a Priority move to counter it.

Q&As:

Q: Do you need to have HP in your moveset to be able to summon the weather?
A: No, you just need the IV's for that HP type.

Q: At the beginning of the battle, which teams Pokemons weather is summoned?
A: It will be a 50/50 chance, unless only one active Pokemon has the item called Climate Orb (select Stick in teambuilder), if so: then that Pokemon's weather
summoned

Q: How do you summon the weather?
A: There will be an option to do that (it will be similar to the Mega-Evolution and Z-Move options).

Q: How long do the weathers last?
A: They last 5 turns. 8 turns if you have the item called Climate Orb.

Q: Can the weathers replace each other.
A: Yes, but only 3 turns (6, if you have the item called Climate Orb) after the first weather has been summoned (even if you are trying to replace your own
weather).

Q: Do the weathers do passive damage like Sandstorm or Hail?
A: No, this is based off of Sun and Rain, and how they hinder each other and boost themselves.

Q: Are terrain moves and abilities allowed?
A: No, because that would be to broken and 4/6 of everybody's team would be filled with Tapus.

Q: Are normal weather moves allowed. I.E. Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm and Hail?
A: No, because that would create to much confusion.

Q: Is this playable
A: Not yet, but I will ask Urkerab (the coder who created ROM) to implement this.

Q: Is it ok for me to make a custom banner for this OM, because the one you stole from the internet sucks?
A: Feel free! You can either post a reply to this suggestion or PM me at Insane Mangoes on Pokemon Showdown or ROM.

Q: Does Castform get a buff?
A: Yes, Castform will have a 33% chance to be able to summon a new weather even if 3 turns since the old weather has not passed. Additionally, Castform's new
Base Stats will be 65/65/90/130/90/105 making it's BST (Base Stat Total) 550

Ruleset: Standard Gen 7 OU
Bans: Drizzle, Rain Dance, Drought, Sunny Day, Sand Stream, Sandstorm, Snow Warning, Hail, Electric Surge, Electric Terrain, Misty Surge,
Misty Terrain, Psychic Surge, Psychic Terrain, Grassy Surge, Grassy Terrain, Air Lock, Cloud Nine
You are allowed a maximum of 2 Pokemon with the item Climate Orb per team.

I hope you enjoyed this idea! I spent a lot of time coming up with this idea, it would mean a lot to me if you could share your thoughts and comments.
Well, have a nice day.

Why...?

Yeah the unbans don't make sense. Especially moody, nothing about the meta's mechanics hinder that ability at all. At least Landorus and Aegislash would be nerfed situationally but even then.

I do like the idea for the meta but there are a couple issues I have.
1. Normal and fairy types are sidelined since there's no way to get HP for either
2. Castform buff isn't needed and brings this into pet-mod territory
3. The default weather bans make sense and also... don't. While fire and water would become absurdly powerful, sandstorm/hail and the new rock/ice weather have completely different effects and don't really risk stacking in the same way that rain/sun do. Same goes for the terrains, as misty terrain doesn't provide any offensive buffs. I would honestly just allow them at first and then make bans if necessary.

Why...?
Because I thought the sheer power of this could take down things like Aegislash and Lando-I. Also, I don't even understand why Moody is a clause, it's just an old Ability.

Yeah the unbans don't make sense. Especially moody, nothing about the meta's mechanics hinder that ability at all. At least Landorus and Aegislash would be nerfed situationally but even then.

I do like the idea for the meta but there are a couple issues I have.
1. Normal and fairy types are sidelined since there's no way to get HP for either
2. Castform buff isn't needed and brings this into pet-mod territory
3. The default weather bans make sense and also... don't. While fire and water would become absurdly powerful, sandstorm/hail and the new rock/ice weather have completely different effects and don't really risk stacking in the same way that rain/sun do. Same goes for the terrains, as misty terrain doesn't provide any offensive buffs. I would honestly just allow them at first and then make bans if necessary.
1. I have already suggested a way you could have Fairy and Normal-Type weather.
2. I thought that since Castform is such an overlooked Pokemon with so much potential and because it is the main Pokemon of weather that I should give it some extra stats to make it viable
3. I understand what you mean by Sandstorm and Hail getting an unnecessary ban, I'll go remove that ban ASAP.
As for Misty Terrain, I had no idea that it didn't boost Fairy-Type attacks. I'll go unban that ASAP as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
2. I thought that since Castform is such an overlooked Pokemon with so much potential and because it is the main Pokemon of weather that I should give it some extra stats to make it viable
Anything that boosts individual pokemon with no specific mechanism other than "let's make it better" brings the meta into pet-mod territory.

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
Because I thought the sheer power of this could take down things like Aegislash and Lando-I. Also, I don't even understand why Moody is a clause, it's just an old Ability.
Or it could also just buff already incredibly dangerous pokemon. Moody is banned as an ability because it's super uncompetitive and unfun.

Anyways while the concept is interesting, your execution of it is very poor. OMs function on simple rules that are applied to all pokemon and nearly always follow established game mechanics. The mechanic you're currently using to summon weather is neither consistent with game mechanics nor generalizable to all typed pokemon. Furthermore, too many "oddball" changes like Castform and Climate Orb disqualify this as an OM.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's important to actually understand what OMs are if you want to submit one.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
The majority of OM try to add things to existing mechanics, or simply add mechanics, which sometimes lead to absurdly complicated rules. I want it simpler. Introducing...

Single Slot -where your greatest fear is Struggle

In Single Slot, every mon have access to only two slots, either for moves or item. So you can have a pokemon with two moves or a pokemon with one move and one item, but not two moves and one item.

Things which get buffed :
-Mons with good abilities get even stronger, because you don't need to waste a precious slot for an ability.
-Mons with good defensive typing are useful, because switching is omnipresent.

Things which get nerfed :
-Stallers would have difficulties to perform without the support moves they usually carry
-Megas, who can only have one move
-Life Orb, completly useless

Bans :
None for the moment.

Unbans :
-Baton Pass

Threatlist :
EDIT : Well, here it is!

Weather Setters/Users
Like I said, strong abilities are good in this meta. It's especially true for weather. Weather can give boosts without wasting slots. Pokemon who can place and use wearther are incredibly useful and dangerous. For exemple, Zard-Y is one of the few megas who can works with his incredible ability to place sunny day, so he can just spam STABed sun-boosted flamethrowers (no fire blast cuz PP-Stall)

Pressure
Speaking of PP-Stall... As Gojiratar said, Pressure-Mons have an exceptional niche in Single Slot. Either defensive (Suicune) or offensive (Weavile), they are extremely dangerous due to the lack of PP. Against a Suicune, Struggle IS your greatest fear.

One punch canons
Without the proper defense, an opposite sweeper could easily destroy your whole team. Wether one-move nukes like Iron Head Jirachi, Mach Punch Breloom, Zard-Y from before or Kartana (BEAST BOOOOOOOST), wether mons with actual coverage like protean Greninja, Tapu Koko or even Xurk, you need to be able to switch in every situation. Defensive coverage is the most important thing to think about.

What are your thoughts on my OM? Is the name representative of it? The threatlist is coming in no time, I just don't have the time right now. I hope you'll enjoy theorizing or even playing this meta!

Last edited:
The majority of OM try to add things to existing mechanics, or simply add mechanics, which sometimes lead to absurdly complicated rules. I want it simpler. Introducing...

In Single Slot, every mon have access to only two slots, either for moves or item. So you can have a pokemon with two moves or a pokemon with one move and one item, but not two moves and one item.

-Mons with good abilities get even stronger, because you don't need to waste a precious slot for an ability.

-Stallers would have difficulties to perform without the support moves they usually carry

Bans :
None for the moment.

Unbans :
-Baton Pass

Threatlist :
I don't have the time to do it right now, so... to come up. :/

What are your thoughts on my OM? Is the name representative of it? The threatlist is coming in no time, I just don't have the time right now. I hope you'll enjoy theorizing or even playing this meta!
At threatlist you could put every single decent pressure user.

Bans :
None for the moment.

Unbans :
-Baton Pass

Threatlist :
I don't have the time to do it right now, so... to come up. :/

sounds really boring tbh
kudos for thinking outside the box tho

Hey! So im back cuz i saw this cool other meta that caught my attention introduced last gen so i wanted to reintroduce it. Here it goes

Nature's Blessing
Have you ever wanted to use a mon that was held back by its typing? That one stupid 4x weakness holding your favourite mon back?
Well you're in luck! In this om mons are able to get immunities to their weaknesses by holding a berry!

Metagame premise: in this om you can get an immunity to any of the 18 types by holding a type-resisting berry, for example making your mon hold a chople berry makes u immune to fighting as long as youre holding it, or holding a babiri berry makes u immune to steel

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock

By holding a chople berry tyranitar becomes immune to all fighting type attacks! Although if the item happens to get knocked off he loses the fighting immunity and can get hit by fighting attacks again

Balance teams get a huge buff as they can take on threats much easier with access to new immunities, stall also gets a buff while ho in general gets nerfed cause of the newfound immunities

Potential bans and threats: for now i dont think anything stands out as broken, yea stuff like blissey/ferrothorn sounds annoying with fighting/fire immunity but not ban worthy imo
+ Mons like mantine and heatran become immensely more viable now being able to have an immunity for their 4x weakness

+ Rapid spinners now can get an extra immunity and spin against what forced them out before (starmie against gren, excadrill against lando)

+ Spikes/tspikes weak mons can now get a ground immunity to avoid all the grounded hazards altogether

+ 4x sr weak mons like talonflame and volcorana get a big buff too

+ Knock off gets buffed in becoming even more useful being able to remove every immunity except dark immunity

- Spammable types like dark and fairy are no longer spammable

- HO becomes much less reliable thanks to the new immunities

• Does this meta sound fun?
  • What can i do to improve this idea
  • Does anything stand out as broken in this meta?
And of course, if you have any thoughts about it id love to hear it. Thanks for reading!

Edit: Fomatting

Edit2: oh, turns out that someone has posted this om already on this thread. uhh thats a bit awkward

Last edited:

pazza

Banned deucer.
Hey! So im back cuz i saw this cool other meta that caught my attention introduced last gen so i wanted to reintroduce it. Here it goes

Nature's Blessing
Have you ever wanted to use a mon that was held back by its typing? That one stupid 4x weakness holding your favourite mon back?
Well you're in luck! In this om mons are able to get immunities to their weaknesses by holding a berry!

Metagame premise: in this om you can get an immunity to any of the 18 types by holding a type-resisting berry, for example making your mon hold a chople berry makes u immune to fighting as long as youre holding it, or holding a babiri berry makes u immune to steel

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock

By holding a chople berry tyranitar becomes immune to all fighting type attacks! Although if the item happens to get knocked off he loses the fighting immunity and can get hit by fighting attacks again

Balance teams get a huge buff as they can take on threats much easier with access to new immunities, stall also gets a buff while ho in general gets nerfed cause of the newfound immunities

Potential bans and threats: for now i dont think anything stands out as broken, yea stuff like blissey/ferrothorn sounds annoying with fighting/fire immunity but not ban worthy imo
+ Mons like mantine and heatran become immensely more viable now being able to have an immunity for their 4x weakness

+ Rapid spinners now can get an extra immunity and spin against what forced them out before (starmie against gren, excadrill against lando)

+ Spikes/tspikes weak mons can now get a ground immunity to avoid all the grounded hazards altogether

+ 4x sr weak mons like talonflame and volcorana get a big buff too

+ Knock off gets buffed in becoming even more useful being able to remove every immunity except dark immunity

- Spammable types like dark and fairy are no longer spammable

- HO becomes much less reliable thanks to the new immunities

• Does this meta sound fun?
  • What can i do to improve this idea
  • Does anything stand out as broken in this meta?
And of course, if you have any thoughts about it id love to hear it. Thanks for reading!

Edit: Fomatting
how does Unnerve work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)