Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Metagross is the backbone of my team; I hatched a shiny Beldum in a heavy ball a few days ago and now my favoritism for Metagross is incalculable. My Metagross-Mega typically comes out second after Landorus scouts the opponent and uses U-turn. Because Metagross resists Ice-type attacks and Landorus is immune to Ground-type attacks I find that they have great synergy. Meteor Mash is used over Bullet Punch because of Tapu Lele's presence on my team however I have won games I would've lost because of Bullet Punch and have a hard time determining which move suits my team better. Zen Headbutt flinch shenanigans during Psychic Terrain are powerful indeed but I've been using Tapu Lele less and less lately because of its mediocre speed and Landorus-Therian being my Choice Scarf user. Earthquake replaced Thunder Punch because of Aegislash.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

Choice Specs Tapu Lele is a powerhouse but a very situational/niche pick for me. Slowbro and Aegislash are two pokemon that prompt me to fill my third slot with Tapu Lele as opposed to Mimikyu. After I get another Master Ball I am going to catch a Tapu Lele with Hidden Power Fire to OHKO Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn and Mega Mawvile among others, but for now I use Psyshock which makes me feel like a genius when I can clean up special walls like Snorlax and Chansey but very rarely sees use. I have experimented with Choice Scarf Tapu Lele and Choice Band Jolly Landorus-Therian/Garchomp, but whenever I do I miss my Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian too much, which is an invaluable scout and late game sweeper for my team. Choice Scarf Tapu Lele with Moonblast used to be my answer for Mega Gyarados and Blaziken, but I now use Landorus-Therian / Superpower and Mimikyu to counter those pokemon respectively.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse

Greninja smashes fairy types like Primarina and Gardevoir with Gunk Shot. Although Greninja is a good revenger killer due to Water Shuriken I typically choose either Greninja or Landorus-Therian to be my first pokemon. I have however considered switching Greninja for Blaziken to utilize Baton Pass w/ my Choice Specs Tapu Lele. Although I find my personal taste in pokemon to by far favor Greninja so he stays for now. Ice beam of course threatens Dragon-types and Hippowdon, which my largely physical team sometimes struggles against.

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Toxic

Zapdos is my only defensive Pokemon and must fill many roles. Zapdos is my only answer to Cresselia (with toxic), Celesteela and, for now, my only Pokemon with a Fire-Type move. Zapdos also does reasonably well against Mega Salamence and Mega Gyarados but my team has other answers for these pokemon. Because Zapdos is immune to Ground-type attacks there is synergy with Metagross but I will typically only pick Zapdos against Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, Cresselia and Celesteela.

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

My Z-move user which counters such pokemon as Mega Salamence and Mega Blaziken, Mimikyu is almost always my third slot "clutch" pokemon who deals with Choice Scarf users that outspeed me and other out-of-control threats like Pheromosa. I choose an Adamant for maximum offensive power / Let's Snuggle Forever damage. Because Tapu Lele and Mimikyu are both fairy types I will typically choose one or the other depending on the composition of my opponents team, but never both. My revenge killer of choice.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian scouts the opponent and uses U-turn most of the time as my first slot pokemon, but I have had great success baiting a Gyarados switch from Mega Gyarados teams and hitting a super effective Rock Slide for massive damage. Superpower was chosen over Knock Off because my team lacks other Fighting-Type moves. Landorus-Therian is the glue of my team, OHKOing non-Choice Scarf Greninja easily which, in my experience, is a common lead pokemon. Landorus typically U-turns and waits to clean up late game. Notably, Landorus-Therian is my team's answer to Tapu Koko, another common lead pokemon, which can force a switch and make another pokemon eat an Earthquake or Rock Slide. I also have a Jolly Landorus but I favor Adamant Landorus because of its ability to OHKO Mega-Mawile with Earthquake and hit harder with U-turn.

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)