MetalKid.Info Test Site (w/ Fixed Damage Calc)

http://www.metalkid.info/Test/

This is using the same code base as the offline v5.00 program uses. It is more of a functional test, so please ignore the current layout of it. (It isn't the prettiest thing out there at the moment...)

Most of the Calculator and Chart pages are done. The damage calculator followed http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/damage_formula to a T!

The IV Calc got a few additions. First, I made a new one called "Simple IV". This only takes in 1 level worth of stats, but is much less "confusing" than the main IV Calc. Second, the new IV Calc will show you the possible Hidden Power Types/AP when the number of combinations to check drops below 10,000 (i.e. the # of HP IVs possible * # Att, etc... < 10,000). Third, you can evolve your Pokemon in the middle of entering stats now. So if you take a Caterpie and enter its stats up to level 7 and then evolve it, you can specify Metapod and keep going. Then you can enter Buterfree at level 10, too. In fact, you can enter level 7 stats for Caterpie and Metapod, so you get a free level worth of stats! Finally, I made a new one called "Mass IV". This allows you to enter 6 Pokemon at a time and is mainly used for level 100 IV Battling.

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

I really like the Mass IV Calculator. That one is probably the most helpful to me, and the evolution IV Calc. is cool, too.

Yeah, I'm going to add code to make the Mass IV start out with level 100. I think that is a safe assumption. :)

I'm also in the middle of adding AJAX into everything. This will make everything on the webpage respond much, much faster. You also won't get that flash effect when it has to contact the server anymore, so it'll be a lot closer to a Windows Form (.exe) feel.

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
I'm very interested in the damage calculator, because Libelldra's has some rounding errors. I feel like the layout of the calculator needs some condensing, however. The page requires quite a lot of scrolling for what should be a 'simple' damage calculation. Usually what I look for in a calculator is something that will take the least amount of time and effort to operate.

What might the "Mass Damage" calculator be?

The IV calculator looks great like always, I'm looking forward to using your new Chain Breeding calculator for HGSS's new egg moves.

That's just it... The people making these Damage Calculators want to make you believe that it is simple. This is far from the truth. I try to cover every single scenario that can have an impact on the damage. In order to do this, a lot of options need to be shown. There are a lot of special rules for moves and abilities that I covered. I followed X-Act's walkthru to a T, so everything that is mentioned in that document is implemented. The damage calc has about 3,000 lines of code, which is quite a bit for just one process. In retrospect, the IV calculator has about 1,500 lines.

The Mass Damage Calculator will allow you to choose 1 Pokemon that will either give or take damage vs. many different Pokemon to make it easier to figure out the best EV spread to use. You'll be able to setup things for the other Pokemon to have that include IVs, EPs, and Nature. If you are trying to see the damage done to your Pokemon, you can choose which move(s) to be hit with. It will then give you a huge result of the damage % given or taken. Then you can adjust your EVs up or down to see the changes in %s a lot easier. I may even allow custom Pokemon creation in that you can create your own Pokemon in the MyPokemon section, and add them into the fray.

Now that I have the layout more customizable, I can start working on finishing up enough of the screens that I can make the Test one the actual site. I want to get the chain breeding calc running soon. However, it'll be limited in the amount of depth in can check due to CPU usage. I don't think my host would like me using 100% CPU for minutes at a time. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)