Mike Tyson and his Rambunctious Gang of Rambling Roundabouts

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Mike Tyson and His Rambling Shitload.jpg

^ Me trying to draw things XD

Introduction:
S'up everybody, it's me BrandonBeast with a new RMT! As you may have noticed, the tier I'm doing this time is RU! RU is a really fun tier that may have a bit of a lesser fanbase than tiers like OU or UU, but it still is a great tier with cool mons like Scrafty, Fletchinder (Broken), and Durant (Also Broken). So, today I will showcase a team I built a little over a week ago, that has gotten me really nice results! Also, this will be one of my War RMTs, so get ready for story!!!! I hope you enjoy!

Story: In a time of war, in a time of struggle, there is one small group of misfits who still patrol the streets, having fun, causing trouble. This is the Mike Tyson Gang. They've existed before the war, and they're the only gang still running after the War began. Despite the assaults of the Army of Evil killing anything in their path, the Mike Tyson Gang still manages to survive, through stealth, skill, and even friendship! This will tell their story! Let's begin...

560.png
003 (1).png
I started off by building with Choice Band Scrafty after being inspired by getting bopped by EonX's CB Scrafty, and it's actually really nice as a bulky wallbreaker. Venusaur was added to check Fairy types like Diancie mainly, but checking Water and Grass types is cool too.
560.png
003 (1).png
464 (2).png
Rhyperior was added to check Fire and Flying types for the other teammates, while also setting up Stealth Rock to weaken the opposing team.
560.png
003 (1).png
464 (2).png
662.png
Fletchinder was added to give the current team a better matchup against offense and a good revenge killer or cleaner, beating Fighting types and Grass types nicely.
560.png
003 (1).png
464 (2).png
662.png
009.png
Fletchinder should always be used with hazard control, so I chose offensive Blastoise for Spin and to keep momentum with it's decently powerful moves.
560.png
003 (1).png
464 (2).png
662.png
009.png
561.png
Sigilyph may seem odd on a team like this, but it gives us another good matchup against offense mon while also adding another check to Fighting types and Poison types.

The Team:

560.png
560.png

Mike Tyson (Scrafty) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head

Role: So I decided to build the team around Choice Band Scrafty, probably my favorite Scrafty set after testing the team out. There is very few switchins to this thing, and it's also a realiable pivot thanks to Intimidate letting it check physical attackers. It's also a nice check to Psychic types for the team, and wallbreaks for the cleaners to clean easier. The moveset is pretty simple, Dual STABS with Drain Punch for healing and wallbreaking power, Iron Head for Fairies, mainly Diancie.

Story: The founder of the Mike Tyson Gang, it's Mike Tyson himself. Apparently the former wrestler died in the past and somehow in his next life, became a Pokemon by the name of Scraggy. As he grew up, he looked at all the wonders the Pokemon world brought him: new friends, new lives, all new stuff. Then he decided to become a gangster because well, he's Mike Tyson he does what the hell he wants lol. He donned a headband to put on his head and formed a new gang, destined to become the most threatening gang and the only gang to survive the War. As the leader of the Mike Tyson Gang, he leads the gang in their hijinks, robbing banks, doing drugs, you know, all that stuff. Sometimes he does get in a bit over his head with the Band on, but he always cares for his gangmates, ready to sacrifice himself at any point, especially during this War.

003 (1).png
003 (1).png

The Drug Provider (Venusaur) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Role: Venusaur fills a nice role in the team by acting as a good Water, Fighting, Fairy, and Grass check due to his typing, while also acting as another wallbreaker due to his good Special Attack stat with powerful STABs backed by Life Orb. With recovery in Synthesis, it can stay alive too! The EVs are meant to increase Venusaur's Speed and Special Attack, with a Timid Nature to outspeed neutral base 80's like Adamant LO Medicham. Chlorophyll is chosen over Overgrow because of the popularity of Sun at the moment, giving me a good check against those teams.

Story: The Drug Provider is the co-founder of the Mike Tyson Gang and the man behind all the drugs the gang sniffs, smokes, or trades. Ever since he was a little boy, the Drug Provider had always been on the wrong side of the tracks, hanging out with the "bad" crowd of people. He didn't have parents, as they had been killed by the Army Of Evil when he was born, so he had no one to look up to. He grew up as one of the best and most mysterious drug traders of the Pokemon world, and every cop was searching for him, ready to lock him up. Then he found Mike Tyson the Scrafty, sitting in an alley. The Drug Provider quickly introduced himself to Mike and hid, scared and alone. Mike Tyson held his own against the cops that found them, and finally beat them down. Drug Provider asked Mike why he would help him, and Mike said a friend in need should always be helped, and that he had a new gang that needed members, and so the Mike Tyson Gang finally had 2 members!

464 (2).png
464 (2).png

The Escapist (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

Role: Rhyperior fills a nice role in the team, providing a Fire and Flying check, as well as a neat Rock check to things like Diancie as well. It also provides the essential STEALTH ROCK, so that's good as well. It also can act as a nice bulky attacker with his EdgeQuake STAB combination and Ice Punch to hit Grass types, but most importantly, OHKO those stupid lead Flygons who want to EQ you and think they can get away with it.

Story: The Escapist is a quiet fellow, but has a very warm heart. He watched the execution of thousands of Pokemon in his hometown due to them being rebels to the Army of Evil, and the Army Of Evil told the little boy to shut his mouth about this, and since he was a little boy and they were pointing guns at him, he listened. For the next 15 years, he kept quiet, traumatized inside. Then he found Mike Tyson and the Drug Provider, playing cards in an abandoned house. He kept walking as suddenly, some soldiers of the Army Of Evil came! Stunned and frozen in fear, Escapist couldn't do anything. Then he noticed Mike and the Drug Provider frightened and suprised, and decided to face his fears. He blasted some rocks at the Army Of Evil soldiers and drilled a hole for him and Mike and Druggy to escape, thus naming him The Escapist. Now he helps support the gang against attacks, attacking and helping to escape.

662.png
662.png

The Bird (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Role: Fletchinder helps the team against offense, helping to revenge kill weakened threats like Fighting and Grass-types, while also cleaning nicely with priority Acrobatics as well. He also can burn switchins like Rhyperior with Will-O-Wisp, crippling them for the rest of the match. He also helps give a more offensive feel to the team, while also adding a cleaner/sweeper to capitalize on the wallbreaking this team provides.

Story: The youngest member of the gang, The Bird had always been babied as a child by his wealthy parents, and he hated every part of it. He wanted to be a rebel, a bad boy. So he decided to run away and live the life of a rebel, rebelling against society and other things. Sadly, as a little kid, The Bird was just captured by soldiers of the Army Of Evil and taught to be like them. Then the Mike Tyson Gang, 3 members strong, busted in and beat the crap out of the soldiers and saved The Bird. The Bird has grown to like being a part of the Gang, but doesn't like being treated like a kid from the members. He has shown his potential, though, taking out soldiers swiftly with his fast Acrobatic moves.

009.png
009.png

The Loose Cannon (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse

Role: Blastoise was chosen mainly for the team to Rapid Spin Stealth Rock away for Fletchinder, but it also can function as a nice Fire check while still having offensive presence with a more offensive set. It's still pretty bulky with max HP investment, and it can hit teams pretty hard with it's coverage moves, like Dark Pulse to hit Ghost types. Overall, offensive Toise is a pretty underrated set for more offensive teams and is pretty useful overall.

Story: The Loose Cannon is a crazy guy, always doing crazy things with his temper and his cannons. He never really got into a fight with the Army Of Evil that prompted him into the Mike Tyson Gang, he just found them sitting in an alley and said he wanted to join. Why, you might ask? Well, he just wanted to be a part of a group that balanced his crazy ways so he didn't end up in jail again. (Also the drugs were a plus). Now he fights the Army Of Evil with his cannons of doom and wards off their evil rocks of pointiness with his shell of spinning!

561.png
561.png

The Oracle (Sigilyph) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Air Slash

Role: Sigilyph is a pretty weird addition to the team, but it still works nonetheless. It provides us with another nice matchup against offense, because Sigilyph's crazy power and coverage combined with the ability to not be worn down as easily thanks to Magic Guard makes it a great mon for the team to break through teams. I chose Air Slash in the last slot to hit Scrafty and deal a bit more damage to Amoonguss and give more neutral coverage than Energy Ball.

Story: The Oracle lived since ancient times, when he told the future to wandering travelers. Then the ANCIENT Army Of Evil trapped him inside a box and buried him, forever sealed never to be found. Then the Mike Tyson Gang came 1,000 years later, escaping from some soldiers. The Escapist dug into the ground and found the box that the Oracle was sealed in, and freed the Oracle. The Oracle said he would do the Gang's bidding, so they said he could join the gang. Now he fights the Army Of Evil with his mystical powers and crazy coverage moves.

So that's the team! Now I'll post the threatlist and Importable, and probably Shoutout some peeps!

Delphox: Delphox poses a big threat to the team with it's speed tier, coverage (mainly Grass Knot), and power to hit a lot of the members hard. Fletchinder can revenge it and Scrafty can kill non- Dazzling Gleam variants though. Also Power Herb variants are gay.
Amoonguss: Not exactly that big of a threat, but Spore is annoying as fuck if Venusaur's gone.
Mega Glalie: Has serious cleaning potential because Ice STAB is broken, although Scrafty is a soft check and Fletch can revenge it.

Scrafty @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Rhyperior @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

Fletchinder
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Blastoise @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Air Slash

Overall, this is a pretty cool bulky offense team that has some faults, but has gotten me good results overall. I hope you like it!

EonX : The person who showed me the light that is Choice Band Scrafty.
Fineonbae : Great friend, pretty funny as well. (Hail Team Is God)
Lord Death Man : Good friend
slurmz : Great friend
Esidisi : The cashest avatars
Diogo : Good friend
LittleRunnerXC : Great friend, nicest guy still
DaSpoofy : Awesome friend, good luck in UUPL
Sacri' : Cuz gratz
Ice Tea : Great friend, Old Gens rock
YABO : Good friend
Rattled Snakes : Great pal
Nightingales : Great friend
TSR : Great friend
shadestep : great friend
NV : Great friend
Based Loser : Great friend
MARCU5theBAW5 : Must S/O everytime O_O
Auchae : Cuz Auchae
Merlouvynis : great friend

So now you know the story behind the Mike Tyson Gang, as they fight the Army Of Evil with their craziness, and through it all, they still are together thanks to their friendship (And Drugs XD), so go on, Mike Tyson Gang, go on!

meatwad_dancing.gif
Also keep dancing ;)
meatwad_dancing.gif

- BrandonBeast 1/30/2016

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay so your team is like a balanced build, tilting a bit towards offensive ones. The Fire-Water-Grass core of Fletchinder Blastoise and Venusaur is pretty good, backed by a solid defensive backbone in Rhyperior, and wallbreakers consisting of Choice Band Scrafty and Life Orb Sigilyph. However, there are a few things that are very dangerous for your team to deal with. I see Sharpedo wrecking havoc on your team, as your only check to it is Fletchinder, which cannot switch in properly. Moreover, Sharpedo can just switch out on Fletchinder, and come back again later in the game. What's worse that if hazards are up, you're very likely to outright lose from it if Fletchinder is weakened. Another threat I see is Meloetta, although rarer, it can cause a lot of trouble to your team, as it gets a free switch in against Sigilyph. As you've stated, Delphox is also very annoying for the team, as the coverage breaks your team down pretty badly.

over

Venusaur is a great Pokemon in RU with its amazing coverage and wallbreaking capability. However, due to it being on your team, Meloetta looks very dangerous, as it can destroy your team with Psychic and Focus Blasts. Specially Offensive Sharpedo can also destroy your team, as I have mentioned earlier. Therefore, it is wise to use Assault Vest Escavalier over Venusaur. Escavalier lets you check Sharpedo and counter Meloetta, even Pursuit trapping it if you desire to. It also retains the role of a hard hitter, as Megahorn hits very hard too. Escavalier gives you a solid Mega Glalie and Mega Abomasnow check too, as the only way it can hit is using Hidden Power [Fire], which is pretty rare. Moreover, having an Escavalier gives you a proper switchin to Calm Mind Virizion, which is increasing in popularity nowadays.

With Venusaur off your team, your team struggles to face bulky Water-types, and this hampers Fletchinder's ability to sweep too. Moreover, having a better way to deal with Rock-types such as Diancie and Rhyperior to ease up Fletchinder's sweep is appreciated too. Therefore, the best option is to run Energy Ball over Heat Wave on Sigilyph. This makes Sigilyph more prone to Mega Steelix, but you have a counter in Blastoise, while Scrafty and Rhyperior has little to no problem in taking it down.

As it seems now, Delphox is very dangerous to your team, and I really think the best option here is to lure it and beat it. Therefore, running Rindo Berry over Leftovers on Rhyperior is the optimal choice, as it lets you eat up a Grass Knot, while making you able to KO it back in return. Without Leftovers, you're kind of weak to Fletchinder, however having Blastoise in your team keeps it at check. Having Rindo Berry also lets you fare better against Sun teams, even though you have Fletchinder, as you can tank a Solar Beam from Venusaur and hit it hard in return, letting it die quicker to Life Orb recoil.
252 SpA Life Orb Delphox Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 232 SpD Rindo Berry Solid Rock Rhyperior: 269-318 (62.1 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

You can run Speed EVs on it if you want to, I invest in SpD to be able to check Sharpedo better.

That's about it. Good luck! :toast:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dark Pulse is absolutely pointless in blastoise since you are still not getting past any jellicent with that and perhaps the only relevant target being meloetta which you have no business staying since specs 2hko you back easily and you are setup bait for colbur calm mind variants. In fact, it is useless in this slot.

Going from Arifeen rate I would recommend running toxic over dark pulse on your blastoise since by changing venusaur with escavalier your matchup against water types becomes rougher. Toxic on an offensive toise may seem distasteful but is one of the best fillers you could fit in there anyways.

Dont see the need for air slash on the sigilyph since having a hard check in the form of fletchinder for scrafty and most of the team can hit it hard enough forcing a trade on your mons at worst, it is in fact redundant in here. Would just run psychic / energy ball / heat wave / roost on the sigilyph instead. You can keep psyshock if you want but psychic hits most of its targets harder. You need heat wave to add some pressure since lack of a solid ground resist and mega steelix switch-in means any bonus to wear it down is appreciated.

Good luck!

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Just a small nit pick at the evs of fletch. I think you should run a faster fletch to atleast outspeed Scrafty since it can be a real probleam for the team also some speed to outpace other fletch. The first Evs allows you to outspeed Jolly Max Speed Scrafty and let's you survive Tangrowth's Leaf Storm after rocks also allow you to leave a plus one Scrafty Knock Off allowing you to Sword Dance on it. The second evs can outpace Adament max speed Absol and revenge kill it with Acro after rocks or after a SD.

Fletchinder
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Fletchinder
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 28 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Also agree with MrAldo on the energy ball slot except instead of replacing roost you replaceing it for Psyshock. I don't see what psychic coverage hits harder that air slash can hit. Energy ball can also eliminate some common fletch counters such as Diancie Rhyperior, Seismatoad, and Blastoise.

Going off of MrAldo post again I don't see a reason to run offensive Blastoise on this team. Thought you do have a Rhperior its really easy to wear down for fletch and other fire types so having a back-up check doesn't hurt. Also Blastoise can let you switch into Scald from mons like Slowking since Venusaur won't appraite a burn and Scarfty would just become set up bait for a Slowking if it got burned. With this defensive set if you decide to use it I would swap Dark Pulse for Toxic, Hydro fro Scald, and for Ice Beam ,this can be an opptional change, to Refresh since it can help 1v1 other Blastoise and Slowkings.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Thanks guys for the rates! I'll test out all the suggestions and then put the ones I like the most in!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Suggestions that I've implemented:

Energy Ball over Psyshock on Sigilyph

Assault Vest Escavalier over Venusaur

Changed Fletchinder's EV spread

Toxic over Dark Pulse on Blastoise

Rindo Berry over Leftovers on Rhyperior

EDIT: btw the changes are in the Importable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)